ADD

Becoming more vulnerable as a sign of a progress?

8 posts in this topic

Hi! Have you guys noticed when you get more rooted to your being that you start to get more vulnerable and emotional. I sometimes even find myself crying for the sake of going from lost in my mind state-> to appreciating what is. It's not like sad ego victim crying, it's more like something beautiful. And it feels so good that it also makes me laugh.

On 11/14/2019 at 7:40 AM, ADD said:

Hi! Have you guys noticed when you get more rooted to your being that you start to get more vulnerable and emotional. I sometimes even find myself crying for the sake of going from lost in my mind state-> to appreciating what is. It's not like sad ego victim crying, it's more like something beautiful. And it feels so good that it also makes me laugh.

Cool topic... yes in my experience you become more vulnerable because you drop the layers of body armor that the ego has built since the time of birth because it believes it's a limited lacking separate self.

Interestingly enough, further on in this journey you become invulnerable because you realize you are not the self anymore at all, so there is no one there to be injured. 

When you realize your true nature as conscious awareness you have transcended being injured by egos. In truth you are perfect and always have been and need do nothing. 

That is enlightenment & the end of suffering my friend. Continue on you are doing great ❤ ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Definitely become more sensitive, like I find myself even crying or tearing up learning about the horrific situation some families are in in the UK, 

It's always great to express your emotions, resist nothing would be advice in regards to this, even the shittiest most horrible emotions ever, as a enneagram 7 this has been my greatest lesson. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

On 14/11/2019 at 3:40 PM, ADD said:

Yes.

I would add the following

The ability to admit when you are wrong and reflect, holding the feelings and letting them shape you.

More patient with others who are less developed. You understand that they cannot be any other way right now, because you yourself understand that your own journey is unfolding and deepening.

More compassion for perpetrators of serious crimes. You get less angry with them and experience more compassion for them because you are able to take their perspective on life much easier than before. In a way you're both the same and have the same problems, only theirs are dealt with in less healthy ways, yours are met head on and dealt with in more conscious ways. But bottom line is you're the same at your core and experience the same challenges in life.

@ADD Yes absolutely, you are making progress. Peeling back those layers  reveals our vulnerability and more, but the counter intuitive nature of this work means that vulnerability = true strength. Your emotions are indicating feelings over thoughts, stripping you back to the source, pure energy, pure love. That is what makes us shed tears. Good luck and keep peeling back those layers. 

Good to hear guys, i kinda knew the answer deep inside but i feel it's good to get some feedback from others at times to know you are not deluding yourself. :D

I'm reading Matt Kahn's book "what ever arises, love that". I actualy bought it 4 years ago but when i first started reading it i couldn't understand it. Eckhart Tolle's teachings were much more clear for me back then. But now that i started reading Matt's book again, giving it a second chance it resonates deep within. Great book, i recommend it. Tolle's books are great aswell.

Yeah of course? keep walking! 

Sailing on the ceiling