Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
montecristo

My dad is on the fence about taking mushrooms, advice?

5 posts in this topic

I've been slowly but surely opening my dad's mind to psychedelics, he is a lifelong meditator and is well versed in non-duality and spirituality.

His main objection is that under the influence of psychedelics you are opening a doorway to the astral plane allowing potentially sinister beings access to your consciousness.

I've convinced him on every level seemingly save for this one. any ideas about what I can say to him regarding this? does he have a point? 

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

Fear of the unknown, fear of evil, fear of destruction. It's normal for sure.

Maybe start out with .1g - .3g depending on his weight and potency. This will allow him to keep control, dip his toes in, and connect with the feeling of magic that is given from earth. 

Play some enjoyable music, keep him company, go into nature, wherever he feels like himself, where he can be open and free, uninterrupted. 

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

Hehehe...

The whole point of spirituality is to face what is true and face all of one's fears.

Your father will never awaken so long as he fears seeing sinister astral beings.

All fear is fear of one's own consciousness. And until this is full realized, one will never awaken.

He should take psychedelics precisely because he fears them. What he really fears is himself.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

There is wisdom in fear. You shouldn't force yourself if you have fear. Fear wouldn't appear for nothing. Truth shouldn't be fearful. Truth will make you feel inflow & peaceful. If something feels scary, then it is not Truth. Devilish~

IF, you do have fears..

Edited by Angelite

12 hours ago, Angelite said:

There is wisdom in fear. You shouldn't force yourself if you have fear. Fear wouldn't appear for nothing. Truth shouldn't be fearful. Truth will make you feel inflow & peaceful. If something feels scary, then it is not Truth. Devilish~

IF, you do have fears..

mhh in some sense i would agree with that, for example watching horror movies if i know how they are made but my subconsciousness is more visual, which works pretty much independent from my more logical understanding i create some dissonance that will eventually surface in my dreams or maybe when i walk down a dark alley. – so in a sense the horror movie can`t be truth! but the dark alley still is.

although if i run away from my fears and don`t look into them, like not accepting that the horror movie is creating my fears and not evaluating if my fears of a dark alley are in a sense not fears but being cautious, enforced by the horror movie i won`t find out about truth. if i never saw the horror movie i would might have never gotten cautious of the dark alley though and maybe would not be alive anymore because i never would have found out about the potential dangers of the dark alley.

sometimes it`s good to face the devil head on.

everyone has fears. the more fearful we are the more we need to face them.