Mada_

Kundalini symptoms and a weird habit

5 posts in this topic

When I sit down to meditate, I feel heat in the right side of my chest. It scares me as I don't know whether it is safe to continue with the meditation, Tara Wells' book says "heat without bliss can be dangerous", but it doesn't say how. 

I get really scared, and then I get up and eat a whole bunch of weird food. 

I don't really know what to do. Perhaps I could start by deconstructing the beliefs that I have around it, and do more contemplation on the topic of Leo's survival video.

Edited by Mada_

Ye. I also feel that heat all over my body, at times it is blissfull and other times it can feel uncomfortable. Just try to let it be and don't think of it as good or bad. 

I do get this feeling of 'heat flowing out' from one sole or one palm or one ear ringing for a few seconds, and then it stops. Happens randomly but most noticeably when I'm not doing anything in particular or when my mind is calmer. I am not sure if it is some sort of Kundalini symptom or just something wrong with me. Either way, it doesn't feel bad so I try not to take it seriously.

13 hours ago, Mada_ said:

I get really scared, and then I get up and eat a whole bunch of weird food. 

That's an ego defense mechanism. It wan't you to distract yourself.

At this moment your body can't handle the force of kundalini which is active in you. You may be practicing more advanced techniques. If it gets way too strong to feel okay with just slow down and take it easy. In time your body will be strong enough to handle it. Kundalini has it's down sides which "Santata Gamana" talks about in his books. You will sometimes feel uncomfortable, that's a part of the process. Just don't over do it.

Mahadev

Kundalini generally starts from the base of the spine and gradually rises up along the spine, though in some cases, it can be sudden, like a bolt of lightning. If the heat sensation is only in one spot, the right side of the chest, it may just be a side-chakra being unusually active. This would definitely be the case if you are also experiencing a spinning sensation. If it is just heat, it is a pretty normal effect of meditation, probably nothing to worry about.