Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MTR

How seeking enlightenment won't enlighten you - it is a destructive process

26 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, The Don said:

When someone becomes enlightened, can he still enjoy life, start a family and play with materialism?

Can he still live a life without depression?

The short answer to both questions is yes :)B|

@MTR This describes awakening pretty good. ❤ ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, The Don said:

When someone becomes enlightened, can he still enjoy life, start a family and play with materialism?

@The Don

is there any limits on what a child can imagine when he/she is playing using their imagination?

no limits yeah?

enjoy life, start a family and play with materialism - that falls within the no limits I am sure :)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@The Don YESSSS!!! The 10 Zen Pictures, the 10th and final one is returning to the marketplace (conventional life) with flowers under his feet, you won't have to go around spouting non-duality 24/7, infact unless your job or something revolves around it you'll likely rarely speak of it, once you are fully finished there is nothing left to do but go and enjoy life how you want to. 

But, that isn't to say there won't be hard and destructive times on the path, but you'll even be thankful for them after. 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

Thank you guys so much for your answers; they are encouraging to me.

Me on the road less traveled.

On 07/11/2019 at 0:31 PM, Natasha said:

@MTR The only 'destructive' part of seeking enlightenment is that the 'seeker' would have to collapse. 

agree but I would put the apostrophe in the 'only' instead of the destructive because there's no sugar coating or hiding from it. Destructive does not mean to actually destroy your true self, hurt yourself or others (mentally or physically) but to destroy paradigms of what you thought was 'you' and give space to what really is.

On 08/11/2019 at 5:08 AM, The Don said:

You don't become 'enlightened', you (and everyone else) already are, we just forget when we leave childhood, get a name, get programmed with a language and societal rules and a role in society. Then we think we are that when really we've never been that at all.

You don't leave these rules but you just understand what they are. You can't really learn to be enlightened but you "unlearn" the things that made you 'unenlightened' and one day suddenly (or gradually in a long time) you realise you never been that one who thinks had depression and so on. You will still live in this world with all its materialism but you will also realise there's no such thing as materialism.. everything is part of nature. You, your family, your pet, your car, your computer... all came out of this world.