arlin

How come absolute consciousness has no opposites?

50 posts in this topic

How can dualities be transcended? 

If there comes out an absolute, does it have to contain a polar opposite to it also? 

For example if you consider an absolute that god is self conscious, does thay also mean that god is not self conscious? 

5 minutes ago, arlin said:

For example if you consider an absolute that god is self conscious, does thay also mean that god is not self conscious? 

Yes, the unconsciousness is YOU! You are god but you are unconscious of that, so in that way there is a duality to god's consciousness of itself. That is, in a way, the non-absolute. When you transcend that, you discover the real absolute, where there is no counter part to it's absoluteness. Watch leos video on dualism, it's a pretty good explanation.

nothing really has any opposites.

opposites are ideas/concepts. 

what is "up" if there is no "down"

up is defined in terms of it's opposite.

How come absolute consciousness has no opposites?

Well... it's ABSOLUTE to begin with :D

how can something which is an ABSOLUTE (meaning something which has no opposite) have an opposite? :D

it's almost like you're asking How come the store is open during their business hours?

but all these are sounds! concepts! nothing!

Oh, look! A butterfly! >8<   :x

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

1 hour ago, SoonHei said:

Well... it's ABSOLUTE to begin with :D

But how do you know that consciousness is an absolute? 

After all, isn't it something that appears to be real, like everything else? 

When i say your pc is an llusion, you are fine with that. But when i apply non duality to your consciousness you say no? 

I think i have confused idea because i started listening to jim newman which teached non duality in a very direct way.

If i listen to him and then what leo teaches, it is clear that there are similarities. 

However, i don t understand if leo has "discovered" other things about reality that other teachers seem to miss, or if it is the same message from a differerent perspective... 

22 minutes ago, arlin said:

But how do you know that consciousness is an absolute? 

You become directly conscious of it for yourself.  This is prior to knowing.  You BE it.  

So don't rely on any teacher or take this on as a belief as that would be a mistake.  You are your own authority in the end.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You become directly conscious of it for yourself.  This is prior to knowing.  You BE it.  

So don't rely on any teacher or take this on as a belief as that would be a mistake.  You are your own authority in the end.

Is it the same as Leo often says: "You need to have awakening to understand"?

Edited by dimitri

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@arlin pretty much what @Inliytened1 said above ^^^

direct knowing of it. 

existence is just an eternal ON-ness. there's no OFF mode.

an analogy would be clay or sand...

you can make objects out of clay or sandcastles / shapes out of sand

but what is ever-present beyond the objects made of clay or sandcastles

the clay! the sand!

and in the same way, what's ever-present is the consciousness.

and ultimately you come to KNOW that that is what YOU are.

you wrote in your other topic "When you die and awareness falls away... well it does not fall away. It just is recognized that it never really happened."

who/what is doing the recognition? that which remains after the you-which-dies is dissolved like an object made out of clay is dissolved - leaving behind the clay/consciousness :)

you come to KNOW that YOU can never die... and what dies is a TV Program... it ends, a new one begins. the TV Screen is always ON.

Love Is The Answer

24 minutes ago, dimitri said:

Is it the same as Leo often says: "You need to have awakening to understand"?

You can understand it as a concept but its not the same as direct actuality.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You can understand it as a concept but its not the same as direct actuality.

Yes. And the ways how to have direct actuality are meditation, kriya yoga, psychedelics...

25 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

who/what is doing the recognition?

Nobody does that recognition. It's a recognition for no one.

Are you suggesting that you live after you die? I thought after you die nobody wakes up (There never was a you there). It just ends. And what is left is this.

41 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

But if i take a psychedelic and my ego falls away, who is experiencing that experience? It still has to be a "you" somewhere in there to experience that. Right?

Just now, dimitri said:

Yes. And the ways how to have direct actuality are meditation, kriya yoga, psychedelics...

:) ??

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 minutes ago, arlin said:

But if i take a psychedelic and my ego falls away, who is experiencing that experience? It still has to be a "you" somewhere in there to experience that. Right?

you is part of You, when you become conscious of You, you are still there, it's just tiny part of infinity You.

... and then you come back and says: "I am You! I was always You. What a mindfuck." :)  

Edited by dimitri

6 minutes ago, arlin said:

God is :)

It's paradoxical so don't try to make sense of it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 minute ago, Inliytened1 said:

God is :)

It's paradoxical so don't try to make sense of it.

Ah, allright ahaha

6 minutes ago, arlin said:

Are you suggesting that you live after you die?

I'm suggesting that you cannot die

And what dies is not what you are

If you find your true self before you die... It's like becoming lucid in the lucid dream and THEN the 'waking up' from it. 

Can u see that becoming lucid in a dream = waking up while still in a dream state... ?

Waking up from the dream into the real life = dying in your dream...

But if lucid, you had already died in the dream... Knowing it is a dream and you're beyond it.

Same way. That YOU beyond is what "recognises" ... It is "no-one" from the perspective of the dream because it doesn't exist in the dream but is only aware of it.

Love Is The Answer

4 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

Same way. That YOU beyond is what "recognises" ... It is "no-one" from the perspective of the dream because it doesn't exist in the dream but is only aware of it.

Uhm interesting...thank you

Have you ever heard about jim newman? 

@arlin Lol

The guy who doesn't let you talk??

Hahaha. Yes. I have. Him and Tony Parsons are alike.

How did you like his pointers? He'll give you nothing to hang on to ?

Love Is The Answer

8 hours ago, arlin said:

How can dualities be transcended? 

If there comes out an absolute, does it have to contain a polar opposite to it also? 

Imagine the duality of a coin. One side is Heads and the other side is Tails. To transcend that, one simply sees that both Heads and Tails are one coin. 

It is One coin. We can create a duality and say "This side of the coin is Heads and this side is Tails". This duality is a construct and can have practical value. For example, at the start of American Football games there is a coin flip to see who gets the ball first. Without the duality of opposites, the referee would flip the coin and everyone would be confused thinking "who gets the ball?".

The One coin is both Heads and Tails as well as neither Heads and Tails. It''s all the One Coin. All relative perspectives of the coin is the coin. 

The coin can have as few or as many opposites we can to construct. For example, we could say there is a flat side of the coin and an edge side to the coin. Voila! A new opposite :)

3 minutes ago, SoonHei said:

How did you like his pointers? He'll give you nothing to hang on to

Well precisely that becouse we are talking about something unknowable so i thought "Uhm... interesting" xD