Conscious life

Identification as God

11 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, Conscious life said:

When you identify yourself as God, isn't become a self as ego?

Who/what would identify as God? Identification requires separation. "I am X" means "I am not Y". There is something prior to that. Who/what is this "you" that is identifying as God?

@Conscious life Its possible for the ego to co-opt this realization and turn this identity as God into a supreme being separate from others. This is always a danger. True realization as God, however, is ego-less, so you could say it's the surrender of all identification. You become directly conscious that you are everything.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

17 minutes ago, TheAvatarState said:

@Conscious life Its possible for the ego to co-opt this realization and turn this identity as God into a supreme being separate from others. This is always a danger. True realization as God, however, is ego-less, so you could say it's the surrender of all identification. You become directly conscious that you are everything.

Very subtle we couldn't figure out by the mind, I don't know how you gonna explain it. Surrender becomes your ego, nothingness becomes your ego. 

18 minutes ago, Conscious life said:

@Serotoninluv@ what you call it as God, as everything as whole. 

If God is "everything as whole", wouldn't that *you* calling Everything God also be God? How can one step outside of Everything, point at Everything and say "That stuff over there is Everything"?

50 minutes ago, Conscious life said:

Very subtle we couldn't figure out by the mind, I don't know how you gonna explain it. Surrender becomes your ego, nothingness becomes your ego. 

There’s nothing to figure out. It’s that it’s been all too obvious the whole time. Notice when you choose a thought that doesn’t feel good, you do so unconsciously (“the ego”), evidenced by the fact that you would never consciously choose to not feel good. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

3 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Who/what would identify as God? Identification requires separation. "I am X" means "I am not Y". There is something prior to that. Who/what is this "you" that is identifying as God?

Although I understand exactly what you're talking about I prefer to take the stance that that is part of the ego justifying its actions

25 minutes ago, MAYA EL said:

Although I understand exactly what you're talking about I prefer to take the stance that that is part of the ego justifying its actions

Let's see if I understand. . . 

Sometimes we say "you are god" and make a distinction between the "little you" and the "transcendent YOU". This can cause confusion at the personal level. An ego may interpret this as the egoic "little me" is god. This misinterpretation could allow this egoic entity to justify it's egoic actions. . . I think this is what you are pointing to. If so, I think it is a very common dynamic. If one is still contracted within a psychological self, they will misinterpret the phrase "You are God". . . as "you are god".

If my understanding is correct, we can go a level deeper. If we say there is an ego that justifies it's actions, ego (relative to non-ego) needs to be created. Who/what creates the ego? 

48 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Let's see if I understand. . . 

Sometimes we say "you are god" and make a distinction between the "little you" and the "transcendent YOU". This can cause confusion at the personal level. An ego may interpret this as the egoic "little me" is god. This misinterpretation could allow this egoic entity to justify it's egoic actions. . . I think this is what you are pointing to. If so, I think it is a very common dynamic. If one is still contracted within a psychological self, they will misinterpret the phrase "You are God". . . as "you are god".

If my understanding is correct, we can go a level deeper. If we say there is an ego that justifies it's actions, ego (relative to non-ego) needs to be created. Who/what creates the ego? 

What I mean is that you are the god of your own life and beliefs. 

But this concept of the ego being like the problem child that's part of you yet your capable of perceiving it and analyzing it and that there's a transcendent part of you that is the real God and what not 

All of it is still part of the game we play with are self and is a game are (meaning all of you) ego plays with itself (all of you) .

See you can't separate from your ego and see how how it's been controlling your life because that's just you (as your ego that your not aware of) playing a new game and no matter how you try you will still have a part of your ego that you don't realize is still there calling the shots because the ego is the thing that makes us different then a monkey or any other animal and unless you get a frontal lobotomy (still may not do the trick idk) and kill off the part of the brain responsible for contemplation and imagination your still just entertaining yourself with a game to play . But to think that you are the original creator of the cosmos is not only pointless but ridiculous. 

27 minutes ago, MAYA EL said:

no matter how you try you will still have a part of your ego that you don't realize is still there calling the shots 

It seems like you are making a distinction between a "you" and an "ego" as two different things. This construct can have practical value at the human level and I often use it. Another perspective is that non-ego vs. ego is a duality. It is also true that non-ego = ego. And there are an infinite number of inter-connections between non-ego and ego.