Raptorsin7

Using Meditation To Deal With Emotions

5 posts in this topic

Sometimes i recognize i'm in a bad mood, or i'm feeling lazy and i don't want to do something i know i have to do. In these cases how can i use meditation in the moment to get me feeling better. Recently i've been trying to let go in the present moment, but deep down I feel like this won't work and the negative feelings usually resurface. How do you deal with these kinds of emotions? 

Finally, can you give a few steps of description going over how you would use meditation to deal with the problem. For example, 1. Aware of negative emotion 2. Become fully present of the feeling. 3. Let go by fully embracing the feeling for a few seconds.

Thanks

Edited by Raptorsin7

@Raptorsin7 I would just start with just 1 for now. Becoming aware of negative emotion. 

Explore this in depth. You mention deep down, you need to explore this "deep down" before you do anything else. Try different meditation techniques on this alone, look them up. It's not about just being aware. What does it feel like, what's the sensation like? Is there body sensations, audio, pain, self talk, resistance? 

@Raptorsin7 it helps me when I have these days to remember the teaching of impermanence. It’s a temporary emotion that will pass, just like everything else. This insight grounds me and takes the edge off. Also I tell myself that this is completely normal and I’m exactly where I need to be on the path. 

@Raptorsin7 Notice that your emotions, moods and attitudes are caused by what you have been thinking. Notice what happens when you become aware of that thought.

Edited by dorg