Flowerfaeiry

Scared to start my business!!

10 posts in this topic

Guys, I’m super close to having my very own business. This isn’t my life purpose or anything, but it is a massive step in the direction that I need to go. In fact this will be the thing that really gets me going. I’ve wanted to have my own business for years. 

But I’m terrified!! Part of me is teetering on the edge of doing it but I just haven’t made the step. It’s like when you’re at the edge of a diving board, right before you jump off—that feeling. So I’m just not taking the dive. A lot of the things I need to do are so simple too. I have a few clients already and kind of my own thing going, but taking the final step into it is holding me back. 

So I’m thinking, maybe there is a way I can work up to taking the plunge? Like take a business class, do more stuff to help me be more confident (I’m shy). But I’m paralyzed because I fear that will take too much time and by then it will be too late. How do I get out of my own way with this? This will be the first massive step I’ve taken in my life in regards to my growth, ever. I really want this. 

The business is dog walking, by the way. 

"You Create Magic" 

Visualization exercises every day is important for building up your confidence in biz. Visualize yourself being successful.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

You say you already have clients and do the job, I dont understand what you want to do now? Do you want to get employees who do the dogwalking for you?

Risk it. You can not fail. Maybe your business fails and you start new but with more experience. Remember the winner is not the one who wins the most but the one who fails the most and still stands up. If you dont risk it you already failed. Follow your heart.

8 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Guys, I’m super close to having my very own business. This isn’t my life purpose or anything, but it is a massive step in the direction that I need to go. In fact this will be the thing that really gets me going. I’ve wanted to have my own business for years. 

But I’m terrified!! Part of me is teetering on the edge of doing it but I just haven’t made the step. It’s like when you’re at the edge of a diving board, right before you jump off—that feeling. So I’m just not taking the dive. A lot of the things I need to do are so simple too. I have a few clients already and kind of my own thing going, but taking the final step into it is holding me back. 

So I’m thinking, maybe there is a way I can work up to taking the plunge? Like take a business class, do more stuff to help me be more confident (I’m shy). But I’m paralyzed because I fear that will take too much time and by then it will be too late. How do I get out of my own way with this? This will be the first massive step I’ve taken in my life in regards to my growth, ever. I really want this. 

The business is dog walking, by the way. 

You got already customers (ie stream of income) , I do not have even customers and I plan to start in few months ... like Socrates awaiting poisson.

All is going to be well, just do it step by step as McKenna said in his books Futher, good luck.

@Flowerfaeiry i love where you're at, feeling deep into that fear is The Work!

Indulge me, could you write out everything that you visualize as the peak success of your vision? Please do, and if you do, get very specific and tangible! What would it look like in your everyday life when you're at "peak 6"? 

I want to know what excites you about the potential and possibility!

@Flowerfaeiry easier said than done but feel that fear and turn it into excitement, be super passionate about it (upload videos of you on walks with dogs or playing fetch with them ect.) and people will see that and be drawn to you/your business.

Good luck ?

@Flowerfaeiry Could you be open to sharing the vision? Just a fun writing exercise doing the visualizations Leo recommended. It's OK if not, but I am curious about any new business someone wants to start, it's quite inspiring. Even if you don't mention the details of the business but just the things you want out of it.
- work from a beach?
- own a big house with a fenced yard?
- lots of doggies?

- Fun, smart, attractive partner?

- own a Tesla model X?

- cottage out in the woods for peace of mind?

curious what you're after.