F A B

when she said "I need to talk"

7 posts in this topic

It ends up always this way ahaha

This statement is usually the prelude to bad things...

It hurts but, with time and experience, you'll get used to it.

When this moment comes, I keep staying quiet and peaceful (like Deida suggests in The way of the superior man)

Now my questions:

What is the best way to face "I need to talk"?

Is this statement reversible?

Face it in the moment.

In the Meantime, work on making the statement reversible if that is your Goal.

@F A B You say with time you'll get used to it. Why does this sentence surround you so much?

Is all that we see or seem

But a dream within a dream?

- Edgar Allen Poe 

Always honest open communication. 

If you always communicate honestly with your partner, there should be no hidden surprises. If there are problems, you both already know what they are and work together to solve them.

Doing dating the right way, a break up is never a surprise. 

5 hours ago, Chakra Lion said:

@F A B You say with time you'll get used to it. Why does this sentence surround you so much?

Ehy such a good question! ahaha

Actually it was hyperbole. I'm only 21 and I'm not so used to hear that sentence.

Anyway, this is the sentence that my ex told me before breaking-up; then this is the sentence that another girl I was dating (had sex and so on) told me before "I prefer to continue our relationship as friends"; and now this is the sentence that the girl I'm currently dating told me...

Could mean that you dont talk about your relationship enough in general?

I dont know what you mean with "best way to face it".  What are you trying to accomplish here? Just have a normal conversation like you usually do, be attentive and loving with her.

It could be taken in a positive way. A method for you to grow and understand the partner. See where you did things that caused issues, work in those areas and next time you probably won't need to hear those words. 

At least be grateful for the fact that your partner is giving you an opportunity for further negotiation. 

It would be extremely cruel if the person just made up their mind to move on silently without having a prior conversation or giving you a chance to understand and know their concerns. 

Depends on how you look at it. 

I'd be more than glad if my partner brought up an issue in a civil way like a talk, to me it would translate as a form of respect for me and a chance for me to learn what I can change about myself in the relationship to better accommodate my partner. I would be happy to know that I can resolve it and that a roadblock in the relationship is getting resolved which means more clarity and maturity in the relationship and one obstacle less to deal with. 

The more opportunities to resolve conflicts for me would mean stronger and better relationship and lesser misunderstandings for the future. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today.