Progress

Am I Doing Good?

22 posts in this topic

Hey guys, my life purpose is to make Personal Development a Movement like Islam and Christianity. Common to the everyday household. What if nearly everyone was developing themselves to the fullest? Everyone would be happy, Everyone would be a Steve Jobs, Martin Luther King, Leo Gura(Lol), Humanity would progress at rapid speeds as a Steve Jobs would be the norm. A world where Universities breed people not for memorizing, but for happiness and success. 

Now I'm starting small, by Youtube of course. The point of my channel is to make Personal Development fun and entertaining, Also inspiring. People work through emotions, They give great heed to those who strike at their emotions. So please help me out and tell what you think of it. Is it funny, smart, interesting, terrible, cringy etc. My friends can't be trusted to give an unbiased opinion, because it is me, it will funny to them no matter what.

Good start man. I Loved your analogy about us being caged up from childhood—not knowing how to adapt to the realities of life—never getting the chance to learn from our mistakes. 

A tip for your presentation.

If you stand up while you speak you will be able project your voice with more energy and enthusiasm, and show off some swarve body language. 

All the best to you,

Harry.

Edited by Harry

@Harry Thanks for the tip but unfortunately until I get a camera that can't be done. I'm using a mac air webcam.

Best to you as well

@Progress I can think of a couple of ways it can be done with your equipment, but it's up to you! 

Most phones nowadays shoot pretty good videos. Just need to mount it somehow. Can even go full ghetto and ducttape the phone to something lol.

@Progress  hey i like you name and your avatar ..hjm those pineapples :) 

1. I would consider the option of making the videos more tight content wise , prepare for a certain topic and then go realy juicy for 5min max! 

Free talking like you do is fun and it works if you are realy next level charismatic (because people won´t only stay for the information but for the "feel-good" effect ...people like ralph smart can just talk or elliot hulse they just talk ..but they have TONS!! of experience TONS of knowledge already and also TONS of charisma) and you might get there if you develop more but right now it is too early and it will shy away people if you don´t realy get to the point and GIVE them information that is well structured... imho

2. Absolutely look at the camera / be confident!! make it seem like it is imporant what you say! otherwise i click next in 2 sec (cruel but true 100%)

ok have fun :) 

@Falk If I don't freetalk, would I need a script?- Currently I make paragraphs for points of what to talk about and read a certain paragraph before I freetalk.

Is there any way I can learn to fertile better?

9 hours ago, Progress said:

@Psychonaut Will a Iphone 4s work?

From looking at some 4s camera test videos on YouTube the quality seems pretty good. Just make sure to give the camera as much light as possible, or just go outside somewhere. Remember to have fun ?

13 hours ago, Progress said:

@Falk If I don't freetalk, would I need a script?- Currently I make paragraphs for points of what to talk about and read a certain paragraph before I freetalk.

Is there any way I can learn to fertile better?

Ah ok that´s cool, maybe just concentrate the paragraphs more, "vaporize more water"so to speak so more essence/pure information will be in the talk.

There are many techniques you can look into if you want to improove talking/charisma/beeing a presentor etc...

1.deepening your voice techniques are aweseome for people who want to speak in front of people (watch eliot hulse for that)

2.Weave in 1 joke in every paragraph ;) ...you can prepare one and fit it in casualy or even come up with one when you feel like it...

3.Look at camera for 90% of the time / make it natural you will grow into it.

I highly suggest you take some time out of your day to listen to "get out of your own way" by Alan Watts. It certainly changed my perspective on self improvement. 

@Progress You are doing so well! You are exactly where you should be right now. Go strong brother, supporting you. 

Hey guys, Do you think the content is good enough to send to blogs?

Your camera angle should be direct. It's too low. Also make eye contact. What do you think?

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

I watched your video back on may 21 and i enjoyed it.. You're a smart young man.. Personally I think there was a little too much profanity but i liked your message and editing skills.. Good job ??

1 minute ago, Atom said:

I watched your video back on may 21 and i enjoyed it.. You're a smart young man.. Personally I think there was a little too much profanity but i liked your message and editing skills.. Good job ??

Yes, too much profanity needs more broad appeal

@Progress first a pineapple @Zephyr and then a banana

fruit invasion! 

With regards to this personal development identity I feel like starting a movement could be counterproductive because it might end up turning exactly how religions turned out where people just become over defensive of their identity and group, in accordance with spiral dynamics I feel like the world will reach a place like that at its own pace, and forcing people doesn't help as everyone transitions at their own pace, I feel like at the time that does happen, actualised.org will be like a time capsule vault where people uncover all these posts and look at us growing at this stage of society, pretty cool!

Anyway it seems more lighthearted and humorous so keep going, it could be a nice way to get regular people who normally don't care about this stuff into personal development!