Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
7thLetter

Does it actually do anything for us to acquire more understanding?

6 posts in this topic

So we know the theory of the truth of reality, but does that actually do anything for us?

We understand the theory of why people are the way they are, but sometimes we still feel that we dislike or hate them and their habits?

We understand the theory of all these other things but what purpose does it serve other than to feed our interests of the complexity of the world?

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Principles, functionality, and understanding meet different kinds of needs. Understanding speaks to my heart.

I saw a man exercising/stretching on the Downtown sidewalk yesterday—he seemed simple in His thoughts. His skin was covered in a dozen large gaping bleeding wounds. He told me that he had just been to see a doctor.

I do not know if truth does anything for me. My existence astonishes me. I do not know why I am the way I am—including my love and my hate.

Knowledge brought me the suffering of my ignorance. I said I would be a wounded healer. Prophetic words heal, like crying heals. Maybe knowing people is chasing after wind; maybe it is something good and necessary  

Hamlet said, “Words, words, words.” Qoheloth said: “The more the words, the more the vanity.”

Edited by RobertZ

"The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding"

--The Kybalion

The good question is can we truly grasb anything.

It's all partial. Time-fixed and contextual. Interpreted & biased.

Knowledge is fluid - and only absolute when it become practiced.

Consciousness work is not merely theory though.

If all you have of spirituality is theory, you aren't really doing spirituality.

Be careful to distinguish theory vs consciousness. They are not at all the same thing.

A theory of enlightenment and love and God don't mean shit.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

22 hours ago, 7thLetter said:

So we know the theory of the truth of reality, but does that actually do anything for us?

Yes, but the work isn't done. The real reward is the actualization. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo