Anderz

ACIM Journal

164 posts in this topic

I didn't find any information about sexuality when searching the ACIM text. So ACIM is incomplete in that way in addition to how it lacks an integral approach that includes the ego and not just bashes it.

The Bible is seemingly severely restricting sexuality. The Bible even has a passage that likely most people consider crazy today about death penalty for gay sex. But what people miss when dismissing the Bible is that it also points to a higher reality, such as:

"Jesus replied, “You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven." - Matthew 22:29-30

Does the Bible mean that there is no sex in heaven? No, because angels can have sex:

"They called to Lot, “Where are the men [angels] who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.”" - Genesis 19:5

To get a better understanding of the role of sexuality, since it has been so heavily suppressed, it's useful to look at the research of Wilhelm Reich and orgone energy. My take on it is that deadly orgone (DOR) is a result of suppressed sexuality which in turn is positive orgone (POR) and neutral orgone (OR) is a peaceful balanced energy connected to the heart.

The second beast in the Book of Revelation is made of deadly orgone. This is actually a good thing! Because the second beast will replace the deadly orgone in the form of ego tensions in our own bodies and minds. You may think, whoa, how is orgone related to the Bible?! That is difficult to explain but think of all things as being interrelated.

It's easy to prove even with mainstream science that the ego is insane. When we worry about things of survival without the need for using our muscles the body still activates the primitive biological fight-or-flight response. That's insane! Just like what ACIM says. Joe Dispenza explains how this kind of mechanism even has become an addiction:

How to explain the ego stupidity from a higher perspective? Isn't reality supposed to be managed by infinite intelligence? Yes it is! So it's a good thing from a higher perspective. The ego needs to have all that friction in order to prevent it from developing further. Otherwise the ego would turn into a super ego. Not good. Like a personal Tower of Babel. We can't have that and that's not infinite intelligence, so the ego is supposed to be massively blocked and stupid. Instead of developing super egos we need to transcend our egos and my idea is that it will happen through the emergence of a global collective consciousness.

Could it be true as Dispenza said that we are addicted to suffering? Yes, I have a theory about that. Some people even cut themselves. The reason is I think because there is an even more dangerous condition which is the tendency of the body to numb itself against too much suffering. And numbness when prolonged or chronic is very dangerous for the health of the body. And since the ego is incapable of producing enough pleasant feelings, the second best thing is suffering and pain. Not too much but enough to overcome the increase of numbness.

Fits of anger can even feel like a relief instead of just suffering. And the ego needs valid reasons for the anger or it will come with feelings of guilt and shame which the ego despises. Unfortunately the pressure caused by buildup of fear leading to numbness builds up again and so new fits of anger are needed. It's kind of like an addiction I guess.