Anderz

ACIM Journal

1,972 posts in this topic

Dr. Joe Dispenza teaches things I find related to ACIM and even about the vacuum energy and collective heart connections:

I like Joe Dispenza's almost mainstream approach to miracles. And notice that he talks about connecting collectively. In an integral approach mainstream science needs to be included, such as Dispenza's measurements and collection of data. He even mentioned a new state of consciousness for humanity in the video. I believe that's the collective consciousness emerging.

How to prevent the collective consciousness from destroying our individual selves? How to prevent it from becoming like the horrible Borg hive mind in Star Trek? Again an integral approach is needed. What will happen I predict is that the collective consciousness will be ADDED to our individual consciousness. So it's a both/and instead of either/or situation.

Dispenza talked about connecting to space, and I think he meant connecting to the vacuum energy (he mentioned quantum field). That's precisely the solution needed according to my model! "The body of flesh" cannot inherit the kingdom of God which is the vacuum energy and physical matter is a second order construct made of vacuum energy.

Joe Dispenza said that we cannot use our egos to connect to the energy of space. In my opinion that's exactly what is said in the Bible and in ACIM.

"You have been assured that the Kingdom of God is within you, and can never be lost." - https://acim.org/workbook/lesson-77/

In my model the kingdom of God is the vacuum energy of space and Jesus said that the kingdom of God is within us and that we must deny ourselves, which as I interpret it means deny our egos, meaning recognizing that the ego is a second order structure that can never reach the first order structure of the kingdom of God and the vacuum energy of space.

"Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”[c]" - Luke 17:20-21 (NIV)

c. Luke 17:21 Or is within you

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life[f] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it." - Matthew 16:24-25 (NIV)

f. Matthew 16:25 The Greek word means either life or soul; also in verse 26.

My personal strategy for connecting to the energy of space is to assume that my entire self is the ego. This means that I cannot do anything to connect to space. What I can do instead is to take it as potential true knowledge, now even with support from Dispenza's research, and that in itself will bring about the connection to the vacuum energy. Or as ACIM says, which in essence is the same meaning:

"Only God’s plan for salvation will work." - https://acim.org/workbook/lesson-71/

Edit: To clarify it, my (holistic) Self is more than my ego and my self is the ego. And my idea is that transcending the ego means waking up into a collective consciousness. And since my experience at the moment is as a separate individual without collective consciousness I assume that my whole self still is the ego.

Edited by Anderz

Here is another kind of mainstream researcher Russel Targ describing nonlocal perception:

Targ even said that people can remote view events in the future. How to explain that when I wrote earlier that Stephen Wolfram has shown that the future can never be fully predicted accurately? My explanation is that the remote viewers tap into the first order reality and hence the nonlocal ability and viewing the future is also possible in some cases, but not in all cases my model says.

The ego uses only the past to predict the future. One of the ACIM lessons has the title "I see only the past", something like that. And I woke up from sleep today after having had a dream about not being able to find my way by using past information! I know very little about dream interpretation but it seemed to be a message from the first order reality telling me that I can't rely on past information only. That I need to become more open to input of new information in the present moment.

I have doubts about the remote viewing experiments. There are many possibilities of manipulation and cheating. And also, remote viewing can easily be done with a lack of integrity which means ego activity and I doubt that it will work well with the first order intelligence. Some remote viewing may be genuine. It's at least theoretically possible I think. ACIM says that all minds are connected but also that ego minds are only connected on the level of form which I take it as meaning only local connections not nonlocal connections.

I haven't found that ACIM uses the word consciousness much. Here is one example:

"Very quietly now, with your eyes closed, try to let go of all the content that generally occupies your consciousness." - https://acim.org/workbook/lesson-69/

In my model consciousness is simply a state of being aware as a self. So consciousness is not the source of the material world. Consciousness is aware of content, such as mentioned in the ACIM quote.

Content cannot be aware of itself. Content is not first order reality. Consciousness is aware of content which means that consciousness is connected to first order reality. In that way consciousness is deeper than the physical world even when it's only defined as a state.

How can I defend my simple definition of consciousness? Well, look at actual experience. Consciousness can be on as in the ordinary waking state and when we are dreaming and consciousness can be off as in dreamless deep sleep. So consciousness is an on/off state, not something that is on all the time. And I believe that when ACIM uses the word God it means more than just consciousness, just like in my model.

The miracles Joe Dispenza talks about and has measured scientifically require work and training of the mind he said. This sort of is the same as in ACIM:

"T-1.I.47. The miracle is a learning device that lessens the need for time. 2 It establishes an out-of-pattern time interval not under the usual laws of time. 3 In this sense it is timeless." - https://acourseinmiraclesnow.com/course-miracles-principles-miracles/

Dispenza says that the energy healing is much faster than conventional medicine. For example when a tumor dissolves the cancer is just an outgrowth he said and the cure comes from affecting the energy field.

So I will experiment with training my mind to release tensions in the body, instead of just expecting some sudden miracle out of the blue. And I will check out more of Dispenza's teachings. Looks like a promising method.

My thoughts are totally retarded. Why? Because there is always dysfunctional emotions going along with my thoughts. I have come to suspect that what is needed is an evolutionary leap into a new level of mind, the collective mind, and a new level of thinking.

This is what ACIM means by attack thoughts. What is needed is thoughts in line with the Holy Spirit in order to remove all fear.

"The mind that serves the Holy Spirit is unlimited forever, in all ways, beyond the laws of time and space, unbound by any preconceptions, and with strength and power to do whatever it is asked. Attack thoughts cannot enter such a mind, because it has been given to the Source of love, and fear can never enter in a mind that has attached itself to love." - https://acim.org/workbook/lesson-199/

Both ACIM and Joe Dispenza's teachings are non-integral. In the case of ACIM there is a dualistic conflict between the ego and the Holy Spirit. And Dispenza teaches about surrendering the self and at other times about the self being very much a separate entity in need of being in neurotic control.

How come Dispenza is teaching such a contradictory situation? My guess is that he needs to keep the global ego calm so he needs to be tricky, or else the pharma industry and mainstream academia would come crashing down on him like a ton of bricks.

Dr. Dispenza has often talked about opening the heart. And he also says that the heart cannot open when we are in survival mode with fight-or-flight and fear. My theory is that the ego is ALWAYS in fear 24/7. Even when a person is acting tough and confident on the outside there is a lot of fear inside the person. Even when the person himself or herself is unaware of the fear on a conscious level the fear is still there on a subconscious level.

This means in my opinion that the ego can NEVER open the heart. Instead the opening of the heart happens in combination of awakening the collective consciousness where fear dissolves since who or what to be afraid of then?! Haha.

ACIM says that death is an illusion and my new theory is that when we enter collective consciousness then we will overcome even physical death! Dispenza is I believe hinting at the same thing in this video:

Let's say that it's true that the ego cannot open the heart, then what to do? The answer is that it's still possible to do inner body awareness practice of the heart area. I think of it as in the saying that enlightenment only happens by chance and meditation increases that chance. And in ACIM the ego doesn't have any power yet the teaching causes changes in the ego mind.

ACIM makes a strong connection between the ego and fear. This fits with my idea of how fear is a result of turning confusion into protection. So the ego is a huge collection of fear that has turned into tensions in the mind and body. Even when we grow as a fetus inside the mother we get programmed with ancient tensions inherited throughout generations and throughout biological evolution. So the ego is an immensely hardened structure made out of fear.

What is needed is a reversal of the fear-based thinking by dissolving the ego tensions and using mindfulness to get a meta perspective of one's own thinking and feeling. There may be other methods that can be used for dissolving fear or sometimes maybe even no method at all and a spontaneous removal of fear. Personally I will stick to mindfulness and inner body awareness practice for a while.

To the ego the Holy Spirit described in ACIM might seem like a dictator. Dispenza said that in a collective consciousness everybody is the leader, so then the idea of the Holy Spirit being a leader is wrong in the narrow sense. And I came to think of how there will be an integration between the global ego and the emerging collective consciousness. So there will still be external authorities and such! Some kind of massive transformation will take place in the entire world I predict, yet it may be a fairly gradual process of integration.

Now I want to take a look at what many mainstream people consider to be incredible woo woo. The reason is that I realized that the integration of the global ego and the collective consciousness is an extremely complicated process and I need to look at way out of the box ideas for inspiration. Here I found a new video where they said that the ego is the body! Pretty interesting idea. And yes, the physical body is very much the ego in my model too.

ACIM says:

"The body is a fence the Son of God imagines he has built, to separate parts of his Self from other parts. It is within this fence he thinks he lives, to die as it decays and crumbles." - https://acim.org/workbook/what-is-5/

I haven't watched the whole video yet. I hope they will say that the physical body needs to be transcended AND included, which is the integral approach, such as going from third density body to fourth density body.

Hmm... I looked at some more amazing woo woo, and sorry, it's too fantastical. What we have are two major camps: 1) mainstream reductionist-clinging atheists, and 2) spiritual/religious/new age woo woo believers. The truth is between those camps.

Why such confusion? The answer is: because we can't handle the truth yet. As an analogy: imagine that our planet is like a primitive tribe and that there already exists advanced technologies that we are unaware of. Giving the primitive tribe access to the advanced technology will hinder the tribe's own development.

If the ego is a sense of separate self, then what is the shadow? I found on Wikipedia that there are several definitions of psychological shadow. I will start by using my own definition:

Definition: The shadow is the part of the ego that will be transcended.

So in my model the ego shadow means those parts of the ego that will vanish when the light of higher consciousness shines upon it, like how an actual shadow is just an absence of light on a surface. All serious fear for example is a part of the ego shadow. ACIM is about going from fear to love which means transcending the ego shadow.

Is the concept of a shadow even necessary? Yes, in my model the shadow makes it clear what in the ego will dissolve and the rest of the ego will be preserved! My model is integral which means that instead of just destroying the ego some parts of it will be removed, which is the shadow, and some parts of the ego will be preserved which is the non-shadow part of the ego.

My interpretation seems to match ACIM, such as:

"We do not want to see the ego’s shadow on the world today. We see the light, and in it we see Heaven’s reflection lie across the world. Begin the longer practice periods by telling yourself the glad tidings of your release:

The light has come. I have forgiven the world." - https://acim.org/workbook/lesson-75/

Here is a new video about the shadow where A Course in Miracles is mentioned:

Notice that even the global ego has a shadow. If an enlightened person for example becomes frightened by a wild bear in nature, then that's the global ego shadow! The transcension of the global shadow is described in the Bible:

"The wolf will live with the lamb,
    the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling together;
    and a little child will lead them.
The cow will feed with the bear,
    their young will lie down together,
    and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
The infant will play near the cobra’s den,
    and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.
They will neither harm nor destroy
    on all my holy mountain,
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord
    as the waters cover the sea." - Isaiah 11:6-9

The global ego causes the mainstream of society to be blind and trapped within its own dogma based on the global shadow. For example mainstream science may scorn texts in the Bible such as "the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest" and claim that it's childish nonsense and fantasies. In reality it's science that is being childish and immature by being unaware of the global shadow.