Anderz

ACIM Journal

1,972 posts in this topic

Does the ego exist? Yes, the ego exists as a concept of "me" vs "not me". ACIM talks about vision and I interpret that as meaning experiencing reality through the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit sees the ego as a concept! Get it? What we call the individual self and others are both concepts within our minds. Vision, then, is simply the recognition that the ego is a conceptual construction.

This is similar to Leo's explanation of duality, such as in this video about understanding existential dualities:

The ego as a conceptual construct of "me" vs "not me" is a very high abstraction level. Like the tip of the tip of an iceberg. Below that tip is the enormous and entangles heap of all our mental concepts. In theory it's simple. To actualize the understanding as a meta perspective is a giant leap of perception into what ACIM calls vision.

"The concept of the self stands like a shield, a silent barricade before the truth, and hides it from your sight. All things you see are images, because you look on them as through a barrier that dims your sight and warps your vision, so that you behold nothing with clarity. The light is kept from everything you see. At most, you glimpse a shadow of what lies beyond. At least, you merely look on darkness, and perceive the terrified imaginings that come from guilty thoughts and concepts born of fear. And what you see is hell, for fear is hell. All that is given you is for release; the sight, the vision and the inner Guide all lead you out of hell with those you love beside you, and the universe with them." - ACIM T-31.VII:7

What good will it do us to actualize the vision that recognizes the ego as being a mere conceptual construct? Wouldn't life go on as usual with all the conflicts and all the misery in our lives? Here is what ACIM says about vision:

"Vision is the means by which the Holy Spirit translates your nightmares into happy dreams; your wild hallucinations that show you all the fearful outcomes of imagined sin into the calm and reassuring sights with which He would replace them." - ACIM T-20.VIII.10:4

This fits my model of reality that says that it's all changeless and indestructible information. And that time unfolds by bringing ever larger holons into manifestation. In short it means that things will inevitably improve and leaps into larger holons are to be expected. The next evolutionary leap for us is the formation of our entire planet as a holon. A human body is a holon. Imagine if in the body the organs were in conflict with each other. Total nightmare!

And that is an analogy for what we have on earth still in the form of conflicts all over the place. It's because earth is still undeveloped. Our planet is not a holon yet, not whole nor in harmony. Earth as a holon will indeed bring vision with calm and reassuring sights as ACIM puts it. And a crucial part of forming a planetary holon involves transcending our individual egos, including recognizing the ego's fallacy of separation and imagined sins.

If the ego is a conceptual construct, then what about the physical body? Surely, the biological human body is a material and separate object? Not so fast! Because reality is one wholeness. There is actually, fundamentally, no actual separation between concepts and material reality.

What this means is that the physical human body is ALREADY an avatar! It's just that in third density, our avatars really suck and are crappy and limited. In theory it's possible to transform the human biological body into a fourth density glorified body avatar at any moment.

"I declare to you, brothers and sisters, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. 51 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52 in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. 53 For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. 54 When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: “Death has been swallowed up in victory." - 1 Corinthians 15:50-54

But then what if the mainstream material view is correct, that physical reality is the foundation and consciousness just an epiphenomenon produced by the brain? My answer to that is that slicing up reality into separate objects is a false view when it comes to fundamental reality. It's easy to prove this. Take a concept for example. And then we can try to define the concept in material terms. That's impossible! It's impossible because there is no definite border that can be drawn around the concept that separates it from the rest of reality. So the materialistic view of reality is false from the get go.

Then how can we be sure that a concept has no clear boundary? Take the concept "cat" for example. We can define a clear conceptual boundary by making a distinction between "cat" and "not cat". But this is cheating! Why? Because we are then only using concepts. Both the concept "cat" and the concept "not cat" need a context which defines them. Otherwise there would be no difference between for example "Santa Claus" and "not Santa Claus" compared to "cat" / "not cat". And if we try to turn the context into a concept and make a clear boundary around it, we are back to square one and need yet another context and so on in an infinite regression. Q.E.D.

I wrote in some earlier post that even in my model consciousness is an epiphenomenon. But notice that my model is completely different than the mainstream view that the human brain produces consciousness. In my model consciousness is a result of reality as a wholeness. In my model there isn't even a need for any brain to produce consciousness. Consciousness is a state of being aware as a self and can be active in "empty" space such as in out-of-body experiences (OBEs).

In my model consciousness is an on/off state. In deep dreamless sleep my consciousness is in an off state and when I wake up my consciousness is switched into an on state. And during sleep, time continues precisely as in the waking state, frame by frame, one Planck time at a each step.

Think of manifested reality as an expanding onion. The outermost layer of the onion is what we experience as the material world. Jesus said that he is the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the END. The end is the outermost layer of the expanding onion. So Christ is expanding! That's why Jesus said that the he is GOING to the Father, and that he is the WAY. The Father is the infinite and changeless onion of the unmanifested reality. Jesus said that the Father is greater than him, meaning time will continue forever.

The whole manifested expanding onion is always one with the Father, the infinite and unmanifested onion, and they both exist now and only now. The past is the previous layers of the manifested onion and for example when we remember something from the past we connect to indestructible information in those previous onion layers in the now, not in some past outside of the now.

Who created the onion? The answer is: nobody! The onion is a timeless part of Indra's net as I have written about before. So there is no actual creator needed in my model, yet the onion is a structure of infinite intelligent design. From an atheistic perspective this is easy to explain. Just consider the set of all possible multiverses and pick one with infinite intelligent design. Nobody of course is actually doing any choosing. The member of the set just is, like a platonic form.

Loosely speaking it's valid to say that consciousness expands by manifested reality forming larger and larger holons, even though in my model consciousness itself is just an on/off state and actually neither expands nor contracts. The inevitable move towards larger and larger and more complex holons is also what produces evolution and the arrow of time.

Why is consciousness needed at all? I think I have already mentioned it, but anyway, if I remember correctly Nassim Haramein said that consciousness is a result of a feedback loop of reality. And in my model, very advanced feedback of information is necessary when the holons reach a high enough level of complexity and that requires consciousness.

A zombie without consciousness performing the same task as a person with consciousness are two entirely different forms of feedback loops. For example, a zombie during a heart transplant operation would only need muscle relaxing medicine, while for a person with consciousness, he or she will need anesthesia or would experience a nightmarish horror situation if the doctor started cutting into the body with the patient being conscious, and only with the muscles paralyzed.

And why is a physical body needed? Bruce Lipton asked the same question and his cells replied: "Bruce, if you're just a spirit, what does chocolate taste like? What does a sunset look like? What does love feel like?" The meaning of life is to manifest larger and larger and more complex holons and that requires both consciousness and a physical reality.

But why is a physical reality necessary? For example in dreams we can experience advanced scenarios and have all kinds of intense emotions during a dream without an actual physical reality. My answer is that a dream is much less consistent than our physical reality. There is an actual timeline going back to the Big Bang of our universe billions of years ago, and our universe is just a recent branch on a vast multiverse tree of universes.

The development of larger and larger holons requires a consistent reality such as our physical universe. Our physical bodies are training vehicles for reality reaching higher and higher holon development. That's why I believe that the Law of One is correct, that we will enter fourth density, still in the same physical universe but with more advanced physical bodies.

A holon is a whole that simultaneously is a part. An example of a holon is a hydrogen atom in a water molecule. Another example is a cell in an organ. Those can be called first order holons. And second order holons are those that have been manufactured, such as a wheel of a car. The wheel is a second order holon and in turn the car is also a second order holon as a part of society. Notice that even second order holons such as manufactured products also are a part of the wholeness of reality. The process of evolution therefore includes even things like technology and culture.

Earth moving into fourth density I speculate will be a formation of a planetary first order holon. And since even second order holons are a part of the wholeness of reality, the planetary holon will include much of what we humans have produced as a civilization. This is as I see it the harvest mentioned in the Law of One. The internet is a part of constructing the planetary holon. And so is globalization. Today individual nations are dominating the world. This can however change fairly quickly, especially with "catalyzing events" such as a global crisis forcing nations to cooperate leading to more global control.

At the same time there will also be more and more people who awaken spiritually. Eckhart Tolle has said that this is even something that is urgent and necessary for the survival of humanity. My strategy is therefore to follow what happens in big politics, such as in the U.S. and in China, and how technology progresses and also follow what happens in the alternative and spiritual communities. The world may look like a mess at the moment, but according to my theory there is purpose behind the seeming chaos.

I wrote that the human body in third density is crappy. That's not very flattering. It's important to have lovely feelings towards the body. Otherwise the mind-body conflict becomes even worse. So my practice at the moment is to visualize my body as improving to allow the ego tensions in body and mind to dissolve. And I'm aiming for healing in the larger sense of moving into fourth density. Leo said that he will have some new profound information about healing. That will be very interesting to hear and compare with my own practice.

I found this new research about the brain and consciousness:

"... a new study brings us one step closer to cracking consciousness once and for all. Researchers have finally provided convincing proof that a relationship between two brain networks — the default mode network, or DMN, and the dorsal attention network, or DAN — may be fundamental to keeping us conscious." - inverse.com, Mar 11, 2020

Does this finding falsify my model which says that consciousness can exist outside the brain? No, because in my model the brain is correlated with the overall information integration necessary for consciousness. This new mainstream research actually supports my model which says that consciousness can be in an off state. Many spiritual teachings say that consciousness is always on, which is not the case according to the new scientific discovery. From the research paper:

"This finding provides new understanding, in terms of spatiotemporal brain dynamics, of how the previously known anticorrelation of DMN and DAT is diminished in unconsciousness (4, 10–12)." - Science Advances, Mar 11, 2020

Actually, in my model consciousness can flow into the entire body. Nonduality teacher Roger Castillo has talked about consciousness moving from the head to the heart. And I have actually briefly experienced expansion of my consciousness into the heart area. It was a bit different than how I imagined Castillo's description because my consciousness was during that short experience both in my head and in my heart at the same time as a unified field. I will experiment with allowing consciousness to flow into my whole body as a part of my overall healing practice.

Leo said that he now has more advanced knowledge than in the spiritual traditions. There might be something to that! For example, kundalini is an interesting form of energy that rises up the spine when blocks are removed. And the blocks in the spine of the ego are enormous since the human body is connected to the whole world and is not some separate object as the ego believes.

However, the Holy Spirit is controlling all of reality including kundalini. So what we can do instead of complicated practices of awakening the kundalini is to have the Holy Spirit directly flow into the spine and melt away the energy blocks however big and massive they are. And I have even started to experience some release in my spine. Could be just a form of autosuggestion but I find it worth examining further.

The following explanation might seem like incredible arrogance of me but I think it makes logical sense. One HUGE mistake many if not most of the spiritual teachers and spiritual traditions make is to believe that the physical human body is a separate object. It's not! There isn't any real separation between the human body and the rest of the world.

So having the body age and die and then get buried is complete insanity! Just as what ACIM says about the ego. The whole world still is almost completely in the grip of the global ego and in a severely deluded collective state. Would you bury yourself in yourself? Total madness. We are Gaia, the whole planet, and not some separate egos running around on the surface as separate objects.

What if ACIM and the Law of One are just woo woo New Age beliefs? It's possible! Even my own experiences are actually just memories, and memories can be false. So one has to be very open-minded and especially question one's own beliefs. And especially with my latest ideas, they are extreme to say the least. I still believe in my current model but I'm prepared to quickly reject it if it becomes falsified. Leo has this video about beliefs:

acim-table.png

This table shows different stages for different models. Spiral Dynamics is in the table for humanity collectively.

I think that what Anna talked about in her latest video about ego integration is an effective approach. The ego only believes itself to be a separate entity. And that's why we in ego consciousness have a lot of tensions in body and mind. Complete ego integration requires all aspects of the individual to be integrated with the whole of reality and with the entire world. This includes the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual aspects of the ego.

Spiritual integration of the ego, that's something we can picture with our intellect. For example as being one with all of reality. Of course, the map is not the territory but at least we can get an intellectual understanding that it can be possible. But then what the heck is physical integration of the ego? I actually haven't heard any spiritual teachings talking about this. So it's just my own speculation at the moment.

What I mean by physical integration of the ego is to first recognize that the physical human body is already one with the environment and the whole world and one with the entire universe and beyond. The next step is to actualize this understanding into a factual result. I haven't done that myself yet of course but the idea is that I will actually experience my body as being the whole planet earth! That's how massive the physical integration of the ego is.