Anderz

ACIM Journal

1,972 posts in this topic

Lazy Yoga, which is my attempt to integrate all kinds of teachings including ACIM, describes reality as:

• Automatic
  • Infinitely intelligent
  • Finite changeless past
  • The past included in the now
  • Infinite predetermined future
  • Generally unpredictable future
  • Evolving as endlessly expanding complexity
  • Oneness as Indra's net
  • Duality as points in Indra's net
  • Time as the manifestation of Indra's net
  • Individuals as unique eternal souls
  • Individual souls as a points in Indra's net

And Indra's net here simply means difference. For difference to exist it has to split itself between 'this' and 'that' or it would be sameness. And that results in difference between 'this' and 'that' and the initial difference and so on in an endless expansion of differences all connected to each other.

"Far away in the heavenly abode of the great god Indra, there is a wonderful net which has been hung by some cunning artificer in such a manner that it stretches out infinitely in all directions. In accordance with the extravagant tastes of deities, the artificer has hung a single glittering jewel in each "eye" of the net, and since the net itself is infinite in dimension, the jewels are infinite in number. There hang the jewels, glittering "like" stars in the first magnitude, a wonderful sight to behold. If we now arbitrarily select one of these jewels for inspection and look closely at it, we will discover that in its polished surface there are reflected all the other jewels in the net, infinite in number. Not only that, but each of the jewels reflected in this one jewel is also reflecting all the other jewels, so that there is an infinite reflecting process occurring." - Francis H Cook 

Atheists seem to reject the idea of intelligent design. It's really easy to logically explain how there can be intelligent design. First think of our universe as just one out of an astronomical number of universes in a multiverse. And then consider the set of all possible multiverses. Then simply pick one of the multiverses with intelligent design as being our multiverse. Presto! Intelligent design without the need for a designer.

The ego is like training wheels for the soul. This is true even for the global ego. All the structures in society, such as politics, financial systems, cultures, academia, business and media etc are an automatic result of evolution. Infinite intelligence has resulted in humanity being tricked into thinking it has free will and this is the "fall" of humanity in the Bible. This was a necessary development in order to produce a civilization with maximum creativity and uniqueness.

Now we have reached a point in history where the global ego has served its purpose and our civilization has achieved a high enough level of development. In short, the training wheels can now be removed. This will become more and more evident as politics, media, science and even business and other areas will appear more and more cartoonish, because the whole foundation of society is based on an ego fiction.

If reality is automatic, then why hasn't the ego realized that? After all, the ego is very clever and cunning. Even prominent scientists who claim that there is no free will still believe in things such as personal responsibility, accountability, pride, guilt and individual struggle for survival.

One reason is that the global ego, in addition to producing valuable creativity and uniqueness, is very powerful when it comes to predicting and planning the future. Of course, ultimately even that is an illusion in an automatic reality, but since it's such dominating feature still in the world the ego becomes sucked into the false principle of individual doership.

The predictive and controlling power of the global ego is a necessary consequence of the whole process of life. In ego consciousness it's necessary to control and plan for the future. According to ACIM the idea of the ego having any power to to anything whatsoever is an illusion, and this fits with the idea of an automatic reality.

What will happen I predict is that more and more people will start recognizing the false state of the ego. And that realization will dissolve the ego both individually and globally. We will understand that individual control is redundant, that the ego is like a little child sitting in the backseat of a car with a toy steering wheel imagining driving the car. Except in the case of the ego, the person actually believes it has control.

Another obstacle to realizing that reality is automatic is that to the ego, the idea seems like a mechanical reality where the person becomes like a robot. The mistake in such view is that causality is not only from the past to the future. And the future contains more information than the past and cannot be fully predicted. And the person is not some separate passive observer but one with the whole process of life.

Reality is not like some mechanical clockwork with separate physical particles with a predictable future as Laplace imagined it. Nor is there actual randomness in reality. What appears as accidents including natural disasters are predetermined events with total precision. This is the "old order of things" as the Bible describes it, ruled by the devil, the prince of this world. And that's the same as what the Law of One describes as third density and the Law of Confusion. In ACIM it's called the ego.

Now I got an insight about why the ego needs to dissolve. Because if reality is automatic, the actualization of that hinges upon removing the belief in separation, or else the person will become a passive observer, experiencing life as an automatic process still as a separate entity. Such situation is even worse than ego consciousness!

A half-dissolved ego is what in psychology is called a depersonalization disorder:

"Depersonalization (DP), i.e., feelings of being detached from one's own mental processes or body, can be considered as a form of mental escape from the full experience of reality. This mental escape is thought to be etiologically linked with maltreatment during childhood. The detached state of consciousness in DP contrasts with certain aspects of mindfulness, a state of consciousness characterized by being in touch with the present moment." - Journal of Nervous & Mental Disease 195(8):693-6

What will happen with true transcension of the ego is that the separate self dissolves into the whole experience of life. There will still be an individual self, but as a unique reference point in the totality of life, not as a separate individual self.

I experienced a little bit of opening of the heart. It seems to be related to the whole global ego which is like a golem.

"In Jewish folklore, a golem (/ˈɡoʊləm/ GOH-ləm; Hebrew: גולם‎) is an animated anthropomorphic being that is created entirely from inanimate matter (usually clay or mud)." - Wikipedia

The heart has become closed by the global ego causing us to be divided egos. And the opening of the heart will allow that division to be healed.

Is physical reality real or is it a dream? I have noticed how contradictory many spiritual and alternative teachers are by saying that reality is a dream, physical matter just a mental projection and so on, and at the same time they say that the physical death of the body is real and inevitable! That's illogical.

Lazy Yoga says that all of reality is the manifestation of Indra's net. And physical reality is a real consequence of that. Separate objects however are not truly separate. Not even the physical body. Physical death is a result of the misperception of the ego, including the whole world still in a state of delusion. ACIM talks about this.

"Death is the central dream from which all illusions stem. 2 Is it not madness to think of life as being born, aging, losing vitality, and dying in the end? 3 We have asked this question before, but now we need to consider it more carefully. 4 It is the one fixed, unchangeable belief of the world that all things in it are born only to die. 5 This is regarded as "the way of nature," not to be raised to question, but to be accepted as the "natural" law of life. 6 The cyclical, the changing and unsure; the undependable and the unsteady, waxing and waning in a certain way upon a certain path,--all this is taken as the Will of God. 7 And no one asks if a benign Creator could will this." - ACIM M-27:1-7

When people are contradicting themselves they often resort to claiming its a paradox or a mystery or something like that. Lazy Yoga says that there are no paradoxes since reality is simply the manifestation of Indra's net. Russell's paradox for example, is just a contradiction in the form of a concept, not an actual paradox. Zeno's paradoxes are all resolved by manifested reality always being finite so they are no real paradoxes.

ACIM mentions a paradox, but in the form of an ego delusion:

"Here is the paradox that underlies the making of the world. This world is not the Will of God, and so it is not real. Yet those who think it real must still believe there is another will, and one that leads to opposite effects from those He wills. Impossible indeed; but every mind that looks upon the world and judges it as certain, solid, trustworthy and true believes in two creators; or in one, himself alone. But never in one God." - ACIM Lesson 166

The Law of One says that all paradoxes are resolved in unity:

"Ra: I am Ra. We came to your peoples to enunciate the Law of One. We wished to impress upon those who wished to learn of unity that in unity all paradoxes are resolved; all that is broken is healed; all that is forgotten is brought to light." - The Law of One 90.29

Edited by Anderz

How to be peaceful in relation to serious things in our world, such as politics? If reality is an automatic process, which I think it is, then even politics is a part of that. And also, politics is a part of the global ego which is a state of delusion in the form of belief in actual separations.

I feel relatively peaceful in relation to politics. Money however is still a challenge for me. Money is a real beast, haha. But in theory even everything that has to do with money is an automatic process so if that's correct then I should actually start to feel peace even in relation to money.

The same with relationships with other people. That's another huge challenge. Even there it's according to my theory possible to become peaceful. For example the physical body is actually not a truly separate object. My real body is the whole planet earth and even the whole universe, because there is no actual separation. Other people are part of my universal body just as I am a part of their individual perspectives.

Is ACIM a form of religion? Is belief necessary to use ACIM, or faith? In my opinion ACIM is an explanation of the ego as our current stage of development as humanity here on earth, and explanations about how to transcend into the next level of development. And ACIM fits my model of reality. But how to be sure it's correct? What about confirmation bias for example?

"The confirmation bias identifies how people readily read information that confirms their established opinions and readily avoid reading information that contradicts their opinions.[32] The confirmation bias is apparent when a person confronts deeply held political beliefs, i.e. when a person is greatly committed to his or her beliefs, values, and ideas.[32]" - Wikipedia

I have confirmation bias myself, sometimes even on purpose because there is so much information about these topics on the internet. I stick to a very simple model and then look for confirmations of it, so it's confirmation bias in that way but I also listen to opposing ideas and at least give some attention to it. In the long run I think it will sort itself out. The truth is firm and those ideas and models that resonate with truth will prevail.

I have a new idea about how the ego is a subconscious form of cognitive dissonance.

"When someone tells a lie and feels uncomfortable about it because she fundamentally sees herself as an honest person, she has likely experienced cognitive dissonance. This phenomenon occurs when one's ideas, beliefs, or behaviors contradict each other." - Psychology Today

"Cognitive dissonance, the mental conflict that occurs when beliefs or assumptions are contradicted by new information. The unease or tension that the conflict arouses in people is relieved by one of several defensive maneuvers: they reject, explain away, or avoid the new information; persuade themselves that no conflict really exists; reconcile the differences; or resort to any other defensive means of preserving stability or order in their conceptions of the world and of themselves. The concept was developed in the 1950s by American psychologist Leon Festinger and became a major point of discussion and research." - Encyclopaedia Britannica

How can the ego be subconscious cognitive dissonance? Let's assume that it's true that there is no actual free will. The person is unaware of this on a conscious level. For example I myself cannot prove that free will doesn't exist. On a subconscious level however the idea of free will being an illusion is recognized and leads to a constant feeling of unease with life and with oneself.

One additional practice I discovered that I find interesting is to observe how the global ego is behaving in terms of the belief in personal doership. The whole world almost, is still totally trapped in the belief in personal doership. I only find that people such as spiritual teachers, especially nonduality teachers like Roger Castillo, say that personal doership is an illusion even in practice.

My interpretation of the Bible is that it says that God is the only doer, and ACIM definitely says that the ego being able to do anything is an illusion. And probably many scientists will agree with that personal doership is an illusion. Yet still society still functions very much with the belief in personal doership. A collective cognitive dissonance of humanity. I predict that this will change more and more as the truth of non-doership becomes more apparent to people.

Eckhart Tolle wrote that it's not so much that we use the mind, but that the mind uses us, almost as if we are possessed by it. He also said that the ego has been a necessary development but now it's time to transcend it because continuing on the level of ego has become dangerous and destructive.

Today artificial intelligence (AI) is quickly progressing, and that will more and more affect our world. This is a very recent trend. Throughout our officially known history it's the human ego that has shaped society. Our whole current civilization is a reflection of that.

I get what Tolle means now. And it's very much in line with what ACIM says and what the Law of One calls the Law of Confusion. I notice how my own mind works with the ego conditioning with worry, confusion, fear and the belief in having personal control. I have also experienced that some of my body armor as Wilhelm Reich called it, the ego tensions in body and mind, has started to dissolve a bit, so that may be a confirmation of what Tolle and other spiritual teachers have said has truth to it.

I watched a few debates about free will. The debaters seemed confused to me. Much talk about moral responsibility. That's important from an ego perspective but I don't see the relevance of it in relation to free will. If we don't have free will, moral responsibility is a total non-issue, because nobody can do anything about it. And if we have free will then moral responsibility can be a valid issue for for example sociopaths.

Do we have free will? As I see it we don't. I think reality is predetermined. And then the realization of that is not up to us, since what will be will be, inevitably. I even suspect that the experience of free will is an ego trait. And then the revelation of only God's will being real will happen when we are ready for it. (b.t.w. God doesn't have free will either)

Anger management is easy in theory. ACIM says that there is fear vs love. Anger comes from fear. And fear comes from confusion. And confusion comes from ego tensions. So anger management is about dissolving the tensions in body and mind.

Aaron Abke has this great new video about ACIM's saying that being defenseless is true protection:

Leo has a new video about an awakening experience. It's difficult for me to evaluate it since I haven't had such awakening, but one insight that I got is about how death is actually a dualistic concept, Leo said. That's a great observation. From about 8 minutes:

Leo talked about death of the physical body. I believe that can be avoided through moving from third to fourth density in our lifetimes. And then after say 100,000 years we move into fifth density.

I came to think of how our universe has a limit in size. And its expansion is slowing down I think, not accelerating as in the feverish nightmare view mainstream science has at the moment. The extra redshift is caused by vacuum friction, not by some crazy dark energy (dark matter is another matter and that's real).

So we will live forever without having to physically die. But what if we become bored of our universe after trillions of years? Then we can travel to other universes. So 7th density is probably just the highest level in our universe. The Law of One talks about how there are octaves of densities. So if we move to the border of our universe what will happen when we pass through it? The answer I think is that we will enter into our parent universe.

Our universe is a white hole of a black hole in a parent universe. And inside the black holes in the center of the galaxies in our universe are new baby universes. So living forever might sound scary as hell, but I'm now peaceful about the idea. Talking about peace, it's important to learn how to be peaceful and to cure the ego's chronophobia (means fear of time).

Carl Johan Calleman has done research where he discovered that the Mayans had a calendar for the age and development of our entire universe. That Maya calendar says that the universe is 16.4 billion years old. I think that may be correct, and that mainstream science's current estimate of 13,8 billion years is slightly off. The numbers are in the same ballpark so let's say that the universe is 15 billion years old. And with our universe being a white hole of a black hole in a parent universe it's a recent Big Bang in a whole multiverse tree.

And in our galaxy the Milky Way the probability that other civilizations are ahead of us is high. And Milky Way may already be in fifth density. And so when we move into fourth density we will become like a newborn member of the galactic community of advanced civilizations. However, Milky Way may not yet be sixth density. So then what will happen is that our civilization here on earth will take part in developing Milky Way into a sixth density member of the galactic cluster.