Anderz

ACIM Journal

1,972 posts in this topic

It can be useful for myself and others to have a practical example of the meta perspective of predetermined reality. Let's say that I have some tedious task to plan for the next week. The correct approach from the meta perspective is neither to do the planning nor NOT to do the planning! Instead the practice is about just mindfully observing the tedious task and remaining deliberately confused about it. This includes even simple practical tasks such as cleaning the bathroom and paying the bills.

Aaron Abke said in his new video that the ego is the same as the pain body. And he said that ACIM says that only loving thoughts are true, and everything else is a cry for help.

One idea I came to think of is that the shadow is a result of the belief in free will! The Law of Confusion as it says in the Law of One. If free will is a false perspective then everything we do in that state of mind will build the shadow.

Roger Castillo said that ACIM is about dissolving the doer. And he said that ACIM is a gradual teaching because the ego conditioning is so heavy. So for example he mentions how in one lesson it says that our attitude to circumstances in life is our choice but the circumstances are not our choice. Then in a later lesson is says that, actually even our attitude is not our choice. So the lessons change and become more advanced.

I tried the meta perspective of predetermined future and it's awful! I think it's because my ego conditioning is still so heavy. The new meta perspective is a tiny concept in me in comparison to the existing conditioning. Roger Castillo said that the concept of not being a doer can start to replace the old belief in personal doership. That seems logical to me so I will continue exploring the meta perspective for a while and hopefully it will start to feel better. Roger has a new video which may be helpful in this process:

Leo wrote in his blog that dualities collapse at some point. I was thinking of Roger Castillo's description of the pleasure-pain duality and he said that it will remain even when there is peace of mind. Both Leo and Roger could be right. I like to attempt to integrate all kinds of information like that. The pleasure-pain duality can collapse into a peace-excitement duality, a higher order of duality which includes pleasure and pain and also transcends it. In the higher duality peace is the foundation and excitement plus pleasure and pain are fluctuation around the base level of peace.

And the new duality is more than just peace of mind; it's a peace of body and mind! ACIM says that pain is a wrong perspective:

"Pain is a wrong perspective. When it is experienced in any form, it is a proof of self-deception. It is not a fact at all. There is no form it takes that will not disappear if seen aright. For pain proclaims God cruel. ...  Pain is a sign illusions reign in place of truth. It demonstrates God is denied, confused with fear, perceived as mad, and seen as traitor to Himself." - ACIM Lesson 190

That's a lesson with a high number indicating that it's the more advanced teaching of ACIM. And it can explain why Roger said that the pain will remain even in peace of mind, because he is then talking about the first stage where the pleasure-pain duality WILL remain for a while until it can be transcended. Roger talked about how there are different levels of teachings.

ACIM says that the ego is confused about everything.

"You may have carried the ego's reasoning to its logical conclusion, which is total confusion about everything. 3 If you really saw this result you could not want it. 4 The only reason you could possibly want any part of it is because you do not see the whole of it. 5 You are willing to look at the ego's premises, but not at their logical outcome." - ACIM T-7.X:2-5

The Law of One actually says the same thing I believe and says that the law of free will is the same as the Law of Confusion.

"Ra: I am Ra. There is a law which we believe to be one of the more significant primal distortions of the Law of One. That is the Law of Confusion. You have called this the Law of Free Will." - Law of One 3.14

J. Krishnamurti said that it's only the confused mind that chooses.

My theory that I'm testing is that the future is already determined. Ramesh Balsekar said the same thing. And the confusion then is a result of a misperception, a missing of the mark, meaning "sin", meaning ego belief in doership and in free will.

I still feel a bit miserable. And confused! But the ideas about confusion I find interesting. It's my ego struggle which itself causes the confusion. And the ego exists in the body and mind as tensions. So the tensions and the confusion go together. And confusion is the root fuel of fear. So confusion is more fundamental than even fear. I will practice just mindfully observing the confusion and tensions in me.

Bentinho Massaro is like a combination of a spiritual teacher and New Age guru. So his message becomes a bit difficult for me to decypher sometimes. This video about fourth density was easier for me to understand. He says, similar to Aaron Doughty that we are already moving into fourth density. And he talks a lot about what to me sounds like a collective consciousness.

The ego first chooses and then acts. Infinite intelligence acts directly without the need for choice. Because infinite intelligence knows what the best action is and it knows that it is the only choice and therefore actually no choice at all. This is choiceless action.

What can infinite intelligence do? Well, fourth density is just one step of what infinite intelligence is capable of. My interpretation is that fourth density means eternal physical life. Isn't that horrible? Only if we would be stuck in third density. The fourth density body is made of more intelligent physical matter and we will learn how to shapeshift our bodies. Even be able to shapeshift into different sexes. Fifth density I speculate allows even more advanced bodies, such as the capability to shapeshift ourselves into immaterial objects, like Transformers on steroids. And also into light bodies and then back into physical form again and so on. Isn't that just New Age woo woo speculation? Maybe, but it seems that if there really is infinite intelligence then even these things are a piece of cake for it.

Infinite intelligence also explains the things in the Bible. Jesus said something like: truly I tell you that everything I have done you will do to and more. It may take a thousand years before we will be able to do such things but I believe as some people have said that we are already shifting into fourth density. We humans here on earth are simply a young civilization, not even Type I yet on the Kardashev scale. And as the Law of One says, our planet is still in a quarantine to allow us to develop on our own, like a real Prime Directive. That explains Fermi's paradox.

Roger Castillo recently gave an explanation of time and causality starting with reality as a single block. Time, he said, is a result of that block being manifested instead of something separate from it. And events in time such as A leads to B leads to C leads to D is also D leads to C leads to B leads to A, he said. Exactly! That's the best explanation of causality from (my self-biased) view I have heard so far.

In her new video Anna talks about collective consciousness, unity consciousness and Christ consciousness. That sounds exactly like ACIM and the Law of One. Being multidimensional sounds more tricky. Maybe she means something similar to how the Bible talks about a separation between sheep and goats which sounds like multi "dimensions" kind of.

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left." - Matthew 25:31-33

Is there any evidence for infinite intelligence? Yes, we can look at how the whole universe evolves. It's much more than just some biological random mutation and natural selection process which is a way too simplistic perspective which takes the interconnectedness and holistic emergence of complexity for granted. Leo has pointed out this very thoroughly in his videos. And Ray Kurzweil explains how the universe progresses exponentially according to what he calls the Law of Accelerating Returns.

"We can organize these observations into what I call the law of accelerating returns as follows:

• Evolution applies positive feedback in that the more capable methods resulting from one stage of evolutionary progress are used to create the next stage. As a result, the
  • rate of progress of an evolutionary process increases exponentially over time. Over time, the “order” of the information embedded in the evolutionary process (i.e., the measure of how well the information fits a purpose, which in evolution is survival) increases.
  • A correlate of the above observation is that the “returns” of an evolutionary process (e.g., the speed, cost-effectiveness, or overall “power” of a process) increase exponentially over time.
  • In another positive feedback loop, as a particular evolutionary process (e.g., computation) becomes more effective (e.g., cost effective), greater resources are deployed toward the further progress of that process. This results in a second level of exponential growth (i.e., the rate of exponential growth itself grows exponentially).
  • Biological evolution is one such evolutionary process.
  • Technological evolution is another such evolutionary process. Indeed, the emergence of the first technology creating species resulted in the new evolutionary process of technology. Therefore, technological evolution is an outgrowth of–and a continuation of–biological evolution.
  • A specific paradigm (a method or approach to solving a problem, e.g., shrinking transistors on an integrated circuit as an approach to making more powerful computers) provides exponential growth until the method exhausts its potential. When this happens, a paradigm shift (i.e., a fundamental change in the approach) occurs, which enables exponential growth to continue." - kurzweil.net

Notice that Kurzweil includes even biological evolution as a part of the Law of Accelerating Returns. Imagine if we would try to simulate this whole progress of the universe on a computer. It's a much more difficult task than it may appear at first. It requires an extraordinary precise coordination of particles and forces all the way from the Big Bang to the invention of the iPhone and beyond.

Is opening the heart a real possibility or just a flowery metaphor? HeartMath Institute has done scientific experiments showing that the heart can be brought into coherence, even between people and even in relation to earth's magnetic field. My theory is that, just as Eckhart Tolle has said, that we have become way too trapped in the thinking mind, and that it's that mind domination that hides the feeling of the heart. As a practice then it should be possible to shift focus from thoughts to heart feeling. And it can be useful to recognize how thoughts are concepts and how they catch basically all our conscious attention. Leo has this video about thoughts:

I haven't researched much what ACIM means by forgiveness other than my interpretation that it means to recognize that everything that has happened, what others have done to us and what we have done to them, had to happen that way inevitably, and that's similar to this quote from ACIM (Workbook part II:1): "Forgiveness recognizes what you thought your brother did to you has not occurred. "

Now Aaron Abke has a new video where he explains that we attack our own projections of others. I found that interesting. So when someone attacks you, then that person is attacking his or her OWN mental image of you!

The ego protects itself against the future. In this way a body armor builds up in the body. And this body armor slowly strangles the person to death. When ACIM says that the ego is insane, that's an accurate description. Our whole world, which I call the global ego, is insane. Eckhart Tolle and others have already pointed this out. ACIM says that being defenseless is true protection. That makes logical sense. I will experiment with being defenseless against the future. 

The ego has a lot of "should" and "shouldn't" rules. And the ego needs external moral rules to keep it in check. Look at the insanity of that! It means that subconsciously the ego is a fricken monster! A dangerous and destructive beast. Why else the need for all those rules? A sane subconscious mind operates sanely without the need for that kind of self-imposed rules.

Even if one has no conscious intent of doing mischief there might be hidden nastiness in the ego shadow. I defined the ego shadow earlier as the part of the ego that will be transmuted into higher consciousness. And as some people have said, our higher self is our future self. And the Holy Spirit in ACIM and in the Abrahamic religions is to me the pulling intelligent power into the future. So the higher self ultimately is the Holy Spirit.

And the Holy Spirit already has perfect control of how to move into the future. So moving into higher consciousness is then a process of the ego shadow being dissolved and transformed by the Holy Spirit. Jesus said something like: be perfect as the Father in heaven is perfect. The ego actually already is perfect, but it's a lower stage of development, so to the ego the idea of being perfect seems absurd and unattainable.

Jesus also said that we first need to seek the kingdom of God. And the kingdom of God is within us, Jesus said. So the process is to let the Holy Spirit become activated in us. My own practice for this at the moment is choiceless action. Of course, in practice I will still make a lot of ego choices, but I can become mindful of that and question it and see if they can be replaced by choiceless action and higher intelligence.

If our higher self is the Holy Spirit, is that compatible with Christianity? Yes, because the Holy Spirit is the topmost higher self for all of our existence, and only Christ - the way and the truth and the life - is that highest self. We as individuals can never reach that level, so that's compatible with Christianity. Our higher self in third density is our future self in fourth density. It's still the Holy Spirit that is the one driving power of our existence and our fourth density self is a result of that oneness power. So it's also compatible with nonduality.