8Ball

Is stage yellow emerging?

8 posts in this topic

Hello actualizers

First off, I'm not super familiar with spiral dynamics and I haven't really spent much time studying the material but I find it fascinating. I will soon read the book spiral dynamics.

I've been trying to analyze myself and see what stage I'm in but it's not that easy. I think Leo said in one of his videos that people tend to perceive themselves in a higher stage than they actually are. Blue tends to see themselves are green, orange as yellow and so forth.

Instead of trying to place myself in a certain stage I decided it would be better if I analyzed the last ten years of my life and I think I can see a clear pattern in the inner workings of my mind.

Age 17 - 21: (Blue?) Very religious. Prayed constantly. Believed in a literal six day creation, salvation in Christ, the whole shebang. I believed that the world was a place of wickedness and that cultural values were blown away. Abortion was bad, adultery was bad, and people should change their way of life or face judgement day. I was also very into conspiracy theories and people who couldn't see that we were being lied to by the powers that be, were willfully ignorant.

Age 21 - 24: (Orange?) My faith in a Christian God diminished year by year. Somewhere deep inside I still believed in a God but couldn't be arsed to pursue such a lifestyle. So many things were going on all around me. I wasn't a little kid any longer and had to take responsibility. Bought a lot of self improvement books and worked hard to become a better version of myself. Why should people all around me live their lives to the fullest? Why can't I become someone with a nice bank account and women all around me. Started working as an insurance salesman with hopes of making big bucks. I made some money in real estate during this time and enjoyed seeing all that profit. Wanted to pursue my life long dream as a filmmaker and figured that YouTube would be a great place to start. Spent hours and hours filming and editing and I very much enjoyed this time of my life. Made some new friends, improved my skills with women and while I still pretty much felt like the same person, I had made great progress with my confidence. I wanted to leave a mark on this world, a force to be reckoned with. I wanted to party, have fun, and do all kinds of drugs.

Age 24 - 26: (Green?) There had to be a better end goal to life. Why should I keep on doing what I'm doing? I don't have a girlfriend, I don't have intimacy and I don't feel loved. Oh well, nothing to do about it, I probably couldn't keep a relationship anyway. Still made some money off of real estate, things were going pretty good. But hey wait... what about mountain climbing? That oughta do something about the emptiness I feel from time to time. I went mountain climbing in Sweden, Norway, Montenegro and in the Alps. Damn this was tough. It's the most brutal and arduous thing you will ever do. But it felt good. It felt like I was conquering my worst enemy. Myself. A new passion was born. I wanted to do this for the rest of my life. I went parachuting. Damn, that was really fun! I went bungyjumping in Switzerland at the very same place where they filmed the opening scene for Goldeneye. Holy cow! The things you can do to feel joy in life. Adrenaline was the name of the game. This is what it's all about.

I wanted to take better care of myself, but not in a superficial way. I became vegan, mostly for my own health and not because of innocent animals being killed. It seemed like veganism was the answer to all my prayers. I wanted to preach about all the benefits of veganism and the wonders it had done for me. I wanted to share all my awesome adventures in the mountains to people. To inspire them to live a more purposeful life. I made some great new friends during this time and improved my social relations. I was more open now. Sexual relations wasn't something that was sinful and wicked as I used to believe back in my late teenage years. People are allowed to do whatever pleased them, who am I to say otherwise? Psychedelics and drug experimentation became a part of me. Ketamine, weed, mdma, DPT, mushrooms, LSD, all sorts of research chemicals and unfortunately some cocaine, amphetamine, benzodiazepines, pain killers, you name it. I found the love of my life at the age of 25. My first girlfriend ever, and also the first woman I had sex with (very late bloomer) not counting the prostitutes (legally). Started to feel what it's like to care for someone. We moved in together and she's five months pregnant now. We're working hard to build a great future for ourselves and have big plans. We're very invested in becoming parents and plan to move to a nice house in a smaller town so our kids can be raised in a better and safer community. Eventually we want to start a business together and already have some ideas. Nothing too big, our goal is not to make a ton of money, we simply want to start a business which will actually give value and joy to people. A business which will allow us to pay our bills but still have enough over for future travels and savings. A business which will allow us more freedom and to escape wage slavery.

During these few years spirituality became something I held dear. The world was not as simple as I used to believe. All religions probably have a common root, a truth which cannot be conveyed. My self improvement books had now been replaced by spiritual books.

Age 27: (Yellow?) Not sure when this emerged, if it even has, I'm not sure. I see the world as an infinite evolutionary cosmic web. Our world and society cannot be explained in simple black and white thinking. One cannot say that veganism is the way to go, nor that abortion is right or wrong. There are so many aspects you have to take into account. And people don't do that. They find something which suits them and then they start preaching. A green person buying an electric car will preach how they are part of the solution and not the problem when it comes to pollution. But then they fail to see for example that one solution can lead to more problems as a result of that solution. For instance, the victory of World War 1 most likely inadvertently lead to the outbreak of World War 2.

Even though I have my own preferences about certain matters, it doesn't necessary mean that it's synonomous with truth. I used to believe I was very open-minded, but now it feels like I was delusional whether it be God, conspiracy theories or veganism. I used to think I was so smart when researching about conspiracy theories or becoming a vegan. But there's two sides to every coin, something which is so apparent to me now. I have to take many things into consideration. It's not as simple any longer to open my mouth and spew out mindless opinions all the time. I need to know what I'm talking about. The name of the game is knowledge. I love to read and think about stuff. Lately I've been investing a lot of time in general relativity. What it is and how it works on a deep level. I tend to close my eyes and just imagine how gravity and spacetime works. I no longer feel the need to tell everyone about the things I know, like I used to when it came to the Bible, veganism or stuff like that. I love to just seek information and keep it to myself. I don't have a problem with other people any longer. Sure, I might sneer at a racist or a hipster preaching love, but I understand where they come from. I still enjoy feeling and sharing love with my girlfriend, and I certainly enjoy going on adventures in the mountains and from time to time do some psychedelics. I'm still interested in starting a business and improving my life and all that stuff. It's just different now. Not like it used to be. It feels more... wholesome. It's like the world is this huge complex heavenly body with infinite layers of complex mechanisms, so completely unfathomable to make sense of, and here we are... humans... arguing about republicans or democrats, anti-abortion or pro-abortion. 

So what do you guys think? Is yellow starting to emerge in me? It feels like I still have some green in me from time to time. Like I said, I haven't looked into spiral dynamics very deeply so I'm not sure. I will definitely read the book and watch Leo's videos about each stage.

Thank you for your answers.

Edited by 8Ball

I paint abstract art. Check out my website and let me know what you think.

https://www.galleriabstrakt.se/collections/all

(I only ship within Sweden so forgive me if you see a painting you'd like but can't order)

Yes, I think you're at a Green-Yellow level of development. The trick for you now is to integrate Orange, Blue, Red and below so that you can move beyond Green and get really into the juicy Tier 2 stuff. Don't approach this undertaking lightly though, you'll have to be very open-minded and willing to have your ideas challenged if you really want to integrate the lower stages.

“All you need is Love” - John Lennon

6 hours ago, 8Ball said:

Hello actualizers

First off, I'm not super familiar with spiral dynamics and I haven't really spent much time studying the material but I find it fascinating. I will soon read the book spiral dynamics.

I've been trying to analyze myself and see what stage I'm in but it's not that easy. I think Leo said in one of his videos that people tend to perceive themselves in a higher stage than they actually are. Blue tends to see themselves are green, orange as yellow and so forth.

Instead of trying to place myself in a certain stage I decided it would be better if I analyzed the last ten years of my life and I think I can see a clear pattern in the inner workings of my mind.

Age 17 - 21: (Blue?) Very religious. Prayed constantly. Believed in a literal six day creation, salvation in Christ, the whole shebang. I believed that the world was a place of wickedness and that cultural values were blown away. Abortion was bad, adultery was bad, and people should change their way of life or face judgement day. I was also very into conspiracy theories and people who couldn't see that we were being lied to by the powers that be, were willfully ignorant.

Age 21 - 24: (Orange?) My faith in a Christian God diminished year by year. Somewhere deep inside I still believed in a God but couldn't be arsed to pursue such a lifestyle. So many things were going on all around me. I wasn't a little kid any longer and had to take responsibility. Bought a lot of self improvement books and worked hard to become a better version of myself. Why should people all around me live their lives to the fullest? Why can't I become someone with a nice bank account and women all around me. Started working as an insurance salesman with hopes of making big bucks. I made some money in real estate during this time and enjoyed seeing all that profit. Wanted to pursue my life long dream as a filmmaker and figured that YouTube would be a great place to start. Spent hours and hours filming and editing and I very much enjoyed this time of my life. Made some new friends, improved my skills with women and while I still pretty much felt like the same person, I had made great progress with my confidence. I wanted to leave a mark on this world, a force to be reckoned with. I wanted to party, have fun, and do all kinds of drugs.

Age 24 - 26: (Green?) There had to be a better end goal to life. Why should I keep on doing what I'm doing? I don't have a girlfriend, I don't have intimacy and I don't feel loved. Oh well, nothing to do about it, I probably couldn't keep a relationship anyway. Still made some money off of real estate, things were going pretty good. But hey wait... what about mountain climbing? That oughta do something about the emptiness I feel from time to time. I went mountain climbing in Sweden, Norway, Montenegro and in the Alps. Damn this was tough. It's the most brutal and arduous thing you will ever do. But it felt good. It felt like I was conquering my worst enemy. Myself. A new passion was born. I wanted to do this for the rest of my life. I went parachuting. Damn, that was really fun! I went bungyjumping in Switzerland at the very same place where they filmed the opening scene for Goldeneye. Holy cow! The things you can do to feel joy in life. Adrenaline was the name of the game. This is what it's all about.

I wanted to take better care of myself, but not in a superficial way. I became vegan, mostly for my own health and not because of innocent animals being killed. It seemed like veganism was the answer to all my prayers. I wanted to preach about all the benefits of veganism and the wonders it had done for me. I wanted to share all my awesome adventures in the mountains to people. To inspire them to live a more purposeful life. I made some great new friends during this time and improved my social relations. I was more open now. Sexual relations wasn't something that was sinful and wicked as I used to believe back in my late teenage years. People are allowed to do whatever pleased them, who am I to say otherwise? Psychedelics and drug experimentation became a part of me. Ketamine, weed, mdma, DPT, mushrooms, LSD, all sorts of research chemicals and unfortunately some cocaine, amphetamine, benzodiazepines, pain killers, you name it. I found the love of my life at the age of 25. My first girlfriend ever, and also the first woman I had sex with (very late bloomer) not counting the prostitutes (legally). Started to feel what it's like to care for someone. We moved in together and she's five months pregnant now. We're working hard to build a great future for ourselves and have big plans. We're very invested in becoming parents and plan to move to a nice house in a smaller town so our kids can be raised in a better and safer community. Eventually we want to start a business together and already have some ideas. Nothing too big, our goal is not to make a ton of money, we simply want to start a business which will actually give value and joy to people. A business which will allow us to pay our bills but still have enough over for future travels and savings. A business which will allow us more freedom and to escape wage slavery.

During these few years spirituality became something I held dear. The world was not as simple as I used to believe. All religions probably have a common root, a truth which cannot be conveyed. My self improvement books had now been replaced by spiritual books.

Age 27: (Yellow?) Not sure when this emerged, if it even has, I'm not sure. I see the world as an infinite evolutionary cosmic web. Our world and society cannot be explained in simple black and white thinking. One cannot say that veganism is the way to go, nor that abortion is right or wrong. There are so many aspects you have to take into account. And people don't do that. They find something which suits them and then they start preaching. A green person buying an electric car will preach how they are part of the solution and not the problem when it comes to pollution. But then they fail to see for example that one solution can lead to more problems as a result of that solution. For instance, the victory of World War 1 most likely inadvertently lead to the outbreak of World War 2.

Even though I have my own preferences about certain matters, it doesn't necessary mean that it's synonomous with truth. I used to believe I was very open-minded, but now it feels like I was delusional whether it be God, conspiracy theories or veganism. I used to think I was so smart when researching about conspiracy theories or becoming a vegan. But there's two sides to every coin, something which is so apparent to me now. I have to take many things into consideration. It's not as simple any longer to open my mouth and spew out mindless opinions all the time. I need to know what I'm talking about. The name of the game is knowledge. I love to read and think about stuff. Lately I've been investing a lot of time in general relativity. What it is and how it works on a deep level. I tend to close my eyes and just imagine how gravity and spacetime works. I no longer feel the need to tell everyone about the things I know, like I used to when it came to the Bible, veganism or stuff like that. I love to just seek information and keep it to myself. I don't have a problem with other people any longer. Sure, I might sneer at a racist or a hipster preaching love, but I understand where they come from. I still enjoy feeling and sharing love with my girlfriend, and I certainly enjoy going on adventures in the mountains and from time to time do some psychedelics. I'm still interested in starting a business and improving my life and all that stuff. It's just different now. Not like it used to be. It feels more... wholesome. It's like the world is this huge complex heavenly body with infinite layers of complex mechanisms, so completely unfathomable to make sense of, and here we are... humans... arguing about republicans or democrats, anti-abortion or pro-abortion. 

So what do you guys think? Is yellow starting to emerge in me? It feels like I still have some green in me from time to time. Like I said, I haven't looked into spiral dynamics very deeply so I'm not sure. I will definitely read the book and watch Leo's videos about each stage.

Thank you for your answers.

What can be said against veganism due to animal cruelty?

Should we think that the meat industry is good as to not have meat industry?

I think there are no both right sides on this issue. Just ignorant (for animal industry) and consciousness (against animal industry). It is very clear to me what is the prefferable choice.

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

Just asking the question "Is stage yellow emerging" can be seen as evidence of stage yellow thinking.

Just by watching actualized.org, you have been exposed to systemic thinking that you can access at certain times. 

Just know, stage yellow is deep and also broad...dipping your toes in stage yellow is wildly different than fully embodying stage yellow values

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

On 9/9/2019 at 2:34 AM, Nivsch said:

the prefferable choice

the preferable choice.

43 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

the preferable choice.

When you don't have something wise to answer :)

Edited by Nivsch

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

On 08/09/2019 at 11:46 PM, Adam M said:

Just asking the question "Is stage yellow emerging" can be seen as evidence of stage yellow thinking.

Just by watching actualized.org, you have been exposed to systemic thinking that you can access at certain times. 

Just know, stage yellow is deep and also broad...dipping your toes in stage yellow is wildly different than fully embodying stage yellow values

Some people can study stage yellow for 20 years and still be at orange. 

You can tell when someone is actually at stage yellow if you have interacted with a true yellow before and felt the integrity. It's unmistakable and unforgettable

@8Ball There is a paper on the web called stage discriptions by Suzanne cook-greuter. Look up stage 5 , strategist, and if that is your way of interpreting the world then you're at yellow. 

Edited by Nickyy