AlphaAbundance

Desire to be the greatest/validated

13 posts in this topic

I feel desire to be the greatest. I feel desire for attention, validation, etc.To be recognized as Elon Musk, Tony Stark, Escanor, Alan Watts, etc, someone famous/respected, known as the best, most superior human

This is also connected to my desire to have the greatest/best life I can possibly have, maximize my life completely. (If you are living your best life possible, this seems connected to being the greatest)

This desire to be great even motivates me to do self-inquiry, meditation and spirtual practices

-

I feel worried thinking if I lose this desire I will lose all motivation

I feel worried thinking this is "bad" but see it as good aswell

I feel worried thinking through enlightenment "I" will lose the joy of confidence, esteem, validation, pride

I feel worried thinking this is just some low self-esteem bullshit

Any thoughts/advice/feedback on this? 

@IndigoGeminiWolf

It feels worrying thinking there is no point in being great unless other people recognize it. Although I know that is not the case.

What is the message behind the video? It seems to be a positive view on validation, I didn't expect that. What is the take away?

There's no real takeaway from the video. It's just fun.

Well, I believe we are great just by existing.

Other people recognizing it is a misnomer because I've learned that others aren't really here.

main-qimg-809a8e1874a5fcdc549099f68fd71b

Just know that no matter how great you think you are, you will still be just as equal as everyone else, because self worth doesn’t exist out there in reality, its a man made construct.

This desire will be a never ending fruitless pursuit that will just burn you to the ground eventually because no matter how great you get to your standards, there will always be someone you perceive as better or something more you want. Its a wild goose chase

Also for the validation part, as much as someone validating you is gonna make you feel good, if someone else disrespects you or you dont get the validation you think you deserve, its gonna piss you off. This will likely happen more frequently than the positive. Wouldnt you just rather be immune to validation in general? Just accept positive feedback when it comes, not letting it inflate your ego, not expecting it or looking for it, while most importantly not caring about the negative. You can have your cake and eat it too this way. Your own validation is all you need.

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

Seek validation seek attention seek everything you want. You will learn a lot of things on way

And after that you will be free to pursue TRUTH. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@TrynaBeTurquoise 

• Equality is also a man made construct, the idea of being the greatest is simply a meaning to chase that is more meaningful then all other meanings
  • How will it burn me to the ground? I don't feel inadequate, displeased with not being the greatest, I feel adequate, pleased, achieved with being great, greater than others, someone being greater is simply another goal, something to chase. Also greater is subjective. Who is greater Bill Gates or Eckhart Tolle. Its based on value system which needs to be based off the best values.
  • Any dissaproval toward me unless I can recognize the faults in me are bullshit. I don't need people to validate me so I know I am great. I just want people to recognize the greatness.
  • Validation is a meaning that either there or not. Doesn't mean I can' t enjoy it when its there or pursue it when it doesn't affect other goals.

@Harikrishnan

• That's the plan
    • Also pursuing truth is apart of pursuing greatness. Once I arrive to truth I will burn the car I got there in. 

If you seek enlightenment out of the need to be great, that that's great as long as you do the practices. The practices will make you surrender that reason eventually when you understand what value is.

Do the practices.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

6 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise 

• Equality is also a man made construct, the idea of being the greatest is simply a meaning to chase that is more meaningful then all other meanings
  • How will it burn me to the ground? I don't feel inadequate, displeased with not being the greatest, I feel adequate, pleased, achieved with being great, greater than others, someone being greater is simply another goal, something to chase. Also greater is subjective. Who is greater Bill Gates or Eckhart Tolle. Its based on value system which needs to be based off the best values.
  • Any dissaproval toward me unless I can recognize the faults in me are bullshit. I don't need people to validate me so I know I am great. I just want people to recognize the greatness.
  • Validation is a meaning that either there or not. Doesn't mean I can' t enjoy it when its there or pursue it when it doesn't affect other goals.

Equality/inequality is a duality. Everything is inherently different from everything else, but also the same. Thats non-duality. When talking about self-worth, as in people being "better" than anyone else, that only exists in your mind. Its more accurate to say everyone is equal (in the sense of having zero self worth) even though everyone is still unique meaning unequal in that sense. 

Why do you NEED people to recognize your greatness if you are so great? Thats an attachment you need to let go if you want to avoid unnecessary suffering. 

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

@TrynaBeTurquoise Your right. How do I let go of this need for validation/approval/attention? And how do I avoid feeling negative when I encounter dissaproval/lack of attention/etc.

9 minutes ago, AlphaAbundance said:

@TrynaBeTurquoise Your right. How do I let go of this need for validation/approval/attention? And how do I avoid feeling negative when I encounter dissaproval/lack of attention/etc.

I would try to get to the source of where that came from, its probably from cultural conditioning or past emotional traumas, which you can heal. If you immerse yourself in spiritual work like self-inquiry, yoga, meditation, maybe some psychedelic trips it will start to clear itself up over time.

The most important thing to realize is that you are loved and cultivating an unconditional love for yourself will go a long way in healing.

You feel you need to be those things because you have been programmed since birth to desire that.

But don't worry because if you have an "ego death" and "lose all earthly desires " you will discover a new ego that enjoys the "pure nothing" attention and lifestyle  .

Adapting is what the human is best at .