CreamCat

What if you can speedrun your life as you can in a game?

7 posts in this topic

This video explains a speedrun of doom (2016).

As i watched this video, I thought speedrunning was awesome and said to myself "what if I could speedrun my life as this guy does?".

I realized a few things.

• Speedrunning a human life is possible
  • Giving in to your life's distractions is like fighting every enemy in the game when you could speedrun your game.
    • Distractions are fun, though.
  • By not catering to distractions, you can start learning speedrunning.
  • You often feel it's necessary to deal with distractions when it's not.
  • Feeling the need to play with distractions is the core feature of the life game.
  • The game player treats game's narrative as just pixels and sounds.
    • What if our political and social narratives are just images and sounds?
    • What if we can treat the life game's structure as material for speedrunning? I can find and exploit various loopholes in the game to skip distracting battles.

I've had direct conscious experiences of distractions for the last few years, so I know what distractions look like.

Basically, I think speedrunning consists of three things.

• Recognizing and skipping fun distractions
  • Skipping various kinds of bullshit in your fields of interest that you are trying to master so that you can grow as fast as possible.
  • Spending a lot of time on learning speedrunning, and loving it.

I'd like to play the life game by speedrunning. I'm not sure if I will love speedrunning, but I probably will after a while.

I guess there are many speedrunners in the life game. I can understand why people give in to various fun distractions because speedrunning is not fun for everyone.

Speedrunning by itself is not meaningful, though. I'd speedrun to maximize love and produce more labor of love.

Edited by CreamCat

Isnt that same as making a priorities and stick to them and avoid distractions from it...speedrun priority is to beat game as fast as possible while finding the best route...that reminds me of tactics like speedreading learning langueages in few weeks etc.

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Speedruns in vidyagames are for skiping tedious tasks to reach to the final goal faster.

Imagin that in real life the end goal is save money for creating your buysiness.

If you need for example 50.000 bucks you cannt speedrun in real life. You have to work untill you save this amnount of money. There are no shortcuts.

You want to be a bodybuilder? You cannot type BUFFMEUP, youll need years of sacrifice

You can. Many people do. Personally, I prefer slow motion. I've trained my mind to process time extremely slowly. Thus, weeks feel like months and months feel like years. I prefer it this way; gives me more time to soak it all in. That being said, I'd be a terrible software engineer, because my productivity would be too low. Existing in slow motion is great for big picture thinking and existence... but some of the details fade. Details are very important when coding software =P However, ironically, when living in slow motion, the truth (the biggest picture truths: fundamental structures of the universe and existence, for example) becomes much more clear and detailed and evident and obvious and beautiful... =)

4 hours ago, Moreira said:

If you need for example 50.000 bucks you cannt speedrun in real life. You have to work untill you save this amnount of money. There are no shortcuts.

You want to be a bodybuilder? You cannot type BUFFMEUP, youll need years of sacrifice

Of course, you cannot skip hard work. What I mean by speedrunning in real life is to skip distractions and stop majoring in minors in your work.

For example, when you are a beginner of body building, spending months on learning to fine-tune your nutrition intake instead of eating better and exercising more is a waste of your time. You can do that after you exhaust every major optimization opportunity. Fine-tuning nutrition intake is a minor in body building.

You can also major in a minor by obsessively tracking what celebrities are doing while you could focus on your life.

In the life game, speedrunning is

• to skip distractions
  • to not major in minors.
Edited by CreamCat

On 03/09/2019 at 2:55 PM, dpvifa said:

You can. Many people do. Personally, I prefer slow motion. I've trained my mind to process time extremely slowly. Thus, weeks feel like months and months feel like years. I prefer it this way; gives me more time to soak it all in. That being said, I'd be a terrible software engineer, because my productivity would be too low. Existing in slow motion is great for big picture thinking and existence... but some of the details fade. Details are very important when coding software =P However, ironically, when living in slow motion, the truth (the biggest picture truths: fundamental structures of the universe and existence, for example) becomes much more clear and detailed and evident and obvious and beautiful... =)

I agree. But in the modern landscape. And with school and all it doesnt feel like I can afford to live like this even though it feels healthier