Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Inliytened1

If you had a mystical experience please describe it

26 posts in this topic

Mystical experiences cannot be grasped with language.  And they cannot be grasped with the human, finite mind.  Yet we still conceptualize the actuality of our Mystical experience after they have occured.  What once was actual is now but a conceptual memory in the "brain".  

So in your best conceptual words please, if you will, describe what your mystical experience felt like.  Note: we know Truth cannot be captured.  We are simply taking what was actuality and describing it now as a concept. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Ok I'll start.  My first experience was frozen.  Meaning it was Divine and outside of time and space.  I became conscious that i was nothing. Pure awareness or Infinity.   I felt the bliss of Love and pure consciousness although at the time i didn't realize it was Absolute Love.  I remember experiencing the dark night of the soul.  I knew that i had died.  

I look back now and realize that i had died and become pure consciousness.  I was reborn with the knowledge that i was nothing.  I was Infinity and infinity negates itself.  Why? Because it has all qualities - including the quality of nothing.  I was a hologram.  That was my first mystical experience. 

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 yes I can concur, this is the one I had just today, frozen in time with nowhere to go and nothing to do at all. The only thing that was moving, that was not frozen was my human body. 

@Aakash Pure isness is outside of time and space and therefore beyond it.  It is frozen Divinity.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

My Father never encouraged me asking about his experiences.He would always say the below.

Sharing mystical experiences can be obstacle to the seeker.

Hearing reading that the mind will keep poping why this not happening to "me" that is not happening to "me".

And the mystical experiences need not be identitical.And the final cannot be any how expressed.

And what ever experiences mystical experiences or ordinary experiences are appearances and not truth.

So once realized all said read heard will become clear.

So any questions regarding the path and any doubts if one gets struck some where that alone need to be asked and answered.This is what I heard from not only from my Father but many realized.

And borrowed knowledge experiences are not going to be useful to the seeker anyways.

I was rebuked by few - are you interested in information gathering or walking the path.

???

Edited by Jkris

@Jkris information gathering really but ultimately you are right.   In addition actuality cannot be explained with language - but nevertheless we can try :)

It's just to see how the human brings back Truth and what it felt like to them.  Nothing more.  It cannot be anything more.  When you become actual Truth there is no need for anything.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Conceptually speaking, mystical experiences are the contact with the divine mind.
It is a contact with brilliance so astonishing that you cannot attribute this magnificent clarity to yourself.
Some reserve this term to the domain of existential or metaphysical insights (what am I, what is reality, etc), but I argue that any moment of increased clarity does not come from the ego. When you try to learn something difficult that is way beyond your league and still get it in a moment of eureka! that is a mystical experience.

I described my first three mystical experiences of existential nature in this thread.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1st awakening:

Asked myself really deep how it was all created and somebody answered it inside my head that I'am God.

That shooked me to my core. That made me realize what mystical experiences are.

Mahadev

@Inliytened1 Leo is right when he says the forum has given lot of freedom to the people to express their  opinions much much much tolerant compared to the spiritual communities Indian ashrams zen monastries.

People think masters monks will be very compassionate.

They dont encourage asking questions at all.They crush the ego often.

They hit you test your patience intimidate you crticize you rebuke demean tell you fool they test your attachment detachment likes dislikes give wrong guidance to see if one have the discrimination to call the bluff they will test how determined one is after truth how attached to money family opposite sex name fame lust and seeker ego and spiritual ego how disciplined one is how truthful how sincere dedicated ???

The prerequisites of Truth integrity listening with empty mind calmness equanimity tolerance to suffering dispassion to sense pleasures dedication compassion to all (but not attachment)

and very very strong quest for Truth -Qualifications required for a seeker ???

The important qualifications are cutting the interest of seeking knowledge - but choose the path and practice - silence (no talking unnecessarily) no debates no intellual arguements.

Seekers are not supposed to guide tell their experiences to fellow seekers.

Speak only the Truth - Truth what they mean here what ones own experience.Not opinions not borrowed knowledge.

Thoughts Speech Action should be the same.

The path is not just sitting in meditation for half an hour but continously putting garbage in to the mind rest of the day

Full concentration mindfulness of ones action every moment when in action work.

???

Actual spiritual life of monks can be learnt only if we have chance not just to interact but see how they live and spend time with them for couple of months.

Indiscipline disobediance disrespectful words (bad words ) one will be thrown out.

Daily routine.

They dont emphasize or advice fast quick enlightenment.

The emphasize is on purification-transformation of  mind not just transcending the mind naturally.

(Which is where differences come - dont get caught in purification trap - choose a middle path top down approach-bottom up aporoach etc) but neverthless 

I am ashamed of myself of where I am and where they are as a person and disciplined purified mind ????

@tsuki that's beautiful @tsuki!! Thanks for sharing!  I saw myself in that video.  I had that same mystical experience where i was sitting in my living room, and all of a sudden i understood all of reality.  That happened a few days after the realization that i was nothing (pure awareness).  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, inFlow said:

1st awakening:

Asked myself really deep how it was all created and somebody answered it inside my head that I'am God.

That shooked me to my core. That made me realize what mystical experiences are.

That must have been something! Or nothing :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

8 hours ago, Aakash said:

@Inliytened1 yes I can concur, this is the one I had just today, frozen in time with nowhere to go and nothing to do at all. The only thing that was moving, that was not frozen was my human body. 

Congratulations on this!  You definitely do enough contemplation to where it was bound to happen!  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Jkris thanks.  Yes i know talking about this stuff is supposed to be sacred ground but it is still hard not to wanna talk about it.   Besides we are ultimately just sharing it with ourselves anyway :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Jkris Aren't you perhaps overgeneralizing? Strict hierarchy enforced through violence is the cohesive that keeps monasteries from falling apart. They work on scare resources and spirituality is how they pay for them. This forum is not constrained in such a way. 

While it certainly is possible to distract people into seeking the experiences, it is a misunderstanding. They are not an accomplishment, they are not attributable to the person. It is a touch from beyond. Grace. 

@Inliytened1 I'm glad you enjoyed it. Just watching this video makes me feel all funny inside. ❤️

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki All organisations have rules and regulations and hierarchy be it materialistic or spiritual. It is not a public space and if rules and regulations are not followed one who doesnt like to follow is asked to leave.As simple as that.

They dont have hierarchy enforced through violence - violence is a strong word.

They have pleanty of willfull highly skilled professional volunteers.

Spirituality is not a business it is run on voluntary donations.The strict traditional Ashrams dont demand money.They dont focus on teaching mainstream yoga -meditation practices.

Offcourse Jaggi,Ravishankar etc get money for the yoga classes they conduct - because its impossible to address such massive crowd on a free basis.

-------------------------------- I always believed in the Top down approach with a leaning towards middle path and more open minded discussions than the bottom up rigid traditionalistic approach in such Ashrams.

And the forum is a nice place to learn a lot.

But when I see threads like I am tired of aware of my limited body when I become Infinite will I become aware of everything it makes me wonder how each and every words said are creating confusions - distractions.

--------------------------------

Sharing the path and realisations are different from sharing mystical experiences.

You were sharing your path and realisations thats beautiful.

What I thought-meant mystical is out of body,astral travel,siddhis - like saibaba could create physical objects etc He could disappear his physical body at will.He can shrink his body etc etc

For example if one some Ramana Maharishi books it will say as if he had an out of body experience this that miracles etc.

Like wise stories of  many saints.

He could cure diseases this and that because he is God.

Which are pure distractions.

--------------------------------

???

@Jkrisbaby@Jkrisbaby  baby steps ❤️

@Jkris siddhis are distractions, this is not a mystical experience in my book 

the path is the mysitcal experience. Anything that is form is a distraction. Once you’ve discovered what’s form is then you will know what the distractions of form can be. 

The mystcal exprrince is discovering what form is. Namely, how you bring about form 

the word “imagination” doesn’t actually do the mystical experience justice. We all know that. 

What every conversation is aimed at grasping truth. The higher truth will always win out because it’s the only thing that is. So even if I’m wrong about this eventually it will be proven out in words. But the words don’t do much, it has to be recognised in my own box of awareness 

even a question like what is the wheather today? Is a question aimed at getting truth. Some questions and answers  are better than others, because they point to absolute truth rather than a form of infinite truth (distraction) 

this is how devilry is rooted out, 

Edited by Aakash

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

@Jkris siddhis are distractions, this is not a mystical experience in my book 

I would concur - it is more about realizations of the nature of Reality and thus a realization of true self.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Ok I'll start.  My first experience was frozen. 

I think this frozen feeling moment is directly related to death /ego/.  @Inliytened1 what You think?

Edited by tedens