ivankiss

NO.

6 posts in this topic

"Throughout our time a thought escapes us

To enforce a word; NO

Holding on to pain, it may seem to some"

What do we know about "NO"?

How deep is our understanding of it?

I've been using it a lot lately - I noticed. So I thought I might as well share a few thoughts about it.

At first sight; "NO" may not seem very spiritual. One might associate it with resistance. Contraction. Negation. Rejection. 

And that's not very popular in the spiritual community, is it? 

What's popular is acceptance. Going with the flow. Letting go. Allowing. All that stuff gurus love repeating. 

But what if I told you...That in order to truly and honestly say "NO", there must be acceptance of that which you say no to? What if the "NO" is actually in the flow? 

What if you know your NO?

Is it still resistance? 

No. And yes.

It's will.

It's choice.

It's knowing yourself and standing your ground. It's being conscious. 

Consciously imposing limitations. 

There is a difference between an unconscious "no" and a conscious "NO". Between the fearful, habitual "no" and the compassionate, respectful "NO". 

To say "NO" and in that manner show respect to your own boundaries as well as everyone else's is, in fact, highly spiritual. It is not interrupting the flow. It leads to no contraction. But rather expansion. Authenticity. 

It's ok to say "no". It's ok to not do the things you do not prefer doing. It's ok to reject. It's ok to not be there for that person when being with yourself seems more important. 

Take your time and space. 

Speak your truth.

Don't say "yes" when your whole body is saying "no". I've done it many times and it always sucked. Felt like self - betrayal. Disrespect. Dishonesty. A lie.

At times going out of your own way is beneficial and nice. That is, if your nervous system agrees. If your cup is full. Otherwise it's self - sabotage.

Be not ashamed to say "NO". To stay where you are. To be with yourself, as you are. 

Respect yourself. Explain yourself not too much, not too often. Walk your truth. Stand your ground. 

"NO" is necessary. 

If you dive in real deep you will find that "NO" is how you as an individual are able to be, at all. To sense, to think, to talk, to walk, to breathe. To live.

"NO" is a fine line.

Allowing you to be as you are and experience life as it is.

Know your NO. 

Mastering resistance is just as important as mastering surrender. 

Edited by ivankiss

6 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

But what if I told you...That in order to truly and honestly say "NO", there must be acceptance of that which you say no to? What if the "NO" is actually in the flow? 

You nailed this, brother. I had the same insight about a month ago. A "yes" means a "no" to another possibility (an opportunity cost), and a "no" actually means "yes," an acceptance, to your current state. Both are two sides of the same coin, and one is not more "powerful" than the other. Nice post

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

"Throughout our time a thought escapes us

To enforce a word; NO

Holding on to pain, it may seem to some"

What do we know about "NO"?

How deep is our understanding of it?

I've been using it a lot lately - I noticed. So I thought I might as well share a few thoughts about it.

At first sight; "NO" may not seem very spiritual. One might associate it with resistance. Contraction. Negation. Rejection. 

And that's not very popular in the spiritual community, is it? 

What's popular is acceptance. Going with the flow. Letting go. Allowing. All that stuff gurus love repeating. 

What if you know your NO?

Is it still resistance? 

No. And yes.

It's will.

It's choice.

It's knowing yourself and standing your ground. It's being conscious. 

Consciously imposing limitations. 

There is a difference between an unconscious "no" and a conscious "NO". Between the fearful, habitual "no" and the compassionate, respectful "NO". 

To say "NO" and in that manner show respect to your own boundaries as well as everyone else's is, in fact, highly spiritual. It is not interrupting the flow. It leads to no contraction. But rather expansion. Authenticity. 

It's ok to say "no". It's ok to not do the things you do not prefer doing. It's ok to reject. It's ok to not be there for that person when being with yourself seems more important. 

Take your time and space. 

Speak your truth.

Don't say "yes" when your whole body is saying "no". I've done it many times and it always sucked. Felt like self - betrayal. Disrespect. Dishonesty. A lie.

At times going out of your own way is beneficial and nice. That is, if your nervous system agrees. If your cup is full. Otherwise it's self - sabotage.

Be not ashamed to say "NO". To stay where you are. To be with yourself, as you are. 

Respect yourself. Explain yourself not too much, not too often. Walk your truth. Stand your ground. 

"NO" is necessary. 

If you dive in real deep you will find that "NO" is how you as an individual are able to be, at all. To sense, to think, to talk, to walk, to breathe. To live.

"NO" is a fine line.

Allowing you to be as you are and experience life as it is.

Know your NO. 

Mastering resistance is just as important as mastering surrender. 

Very nice post! This reminded me of Leo's video on the power of questions, and as he was listing he briefly stopped at two questions; " what do I like?" And "what do I dislike?". He mentioned that you could discover your passion by keeping a list of your likes and dislikes about people and life over time. Interesting how the two opposites interplay with each other.

This post is a YES that knows the NO! 

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16