Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AlphaAbundance

Feel like I'm close in self-inquiry

11 posts in this topic

What should I do? I just feel like I'm close but can't get there <-- just literally this feeling.

@AlphaAbundance

“I can’t get there” is not a feeling. It is content of thought, overlaying sensation, and can be let go. Inspect why you feel impatient. Why, in self inquiry, how really, could there be somewhere to get to? Who’d be getting ‘there’? An I ? Doubtful. That’s just a thought you’re aware of. A first class thought, but a thought none the less.  The world appears in the outward perception of mind, and there is no self. The self appears in the inward perception of mind, and there is no world. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If you haven't already, become aware of being aware. Keep doing this until that is all there is--until you are home. It 'worked' here. I can't say it was easy, but I can say that no one actually did anything. No one could ever or has ever done anything. :) Like everything, It just happened.

This might be helpful:

And yes, if only two words can be said, they should be, "let go." (of everything--and i mean everything)

@Nahm I will follow your suggestions. I "Can't get there" was a thought afterwards, perhaps a thought that appeared while self-inquiry that was let go but during the self-inquiry it seems like I am close like I feel peace, but can't get there to "Nothingness", "Enlightenment". There's an existential fear that something horrible/bad will happen, my life will end or some bullshit.

So your saying question it and let go?

I think this is best video on yt if you are confused with self Inquiry and Nahm is so right there is awarness of that I-Ego so you cant be that you are the one who is aware of all thoughts - feelings, body, mind etc

Who can't get where? Where is there to go even? 

Remember, what your looking for cannot be seen, it alone see's. Anything that is seen is not what See's.

Youre running around with your glasses on wondering where they are. ;) 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

16 hours ago, Nahm said:

The world appears in the outward perception of mind, and there is no self. The self appears in the inward perception of mind, and there is no world. 

@Nahm yooo! ? that hit me like lightning just now 

14 hours ago, AlphaAbundance said:

There's an existential fear that something horrible/bad will happen, my life will end or some bullshit.

Use a pad & paper, and write “what exactly is this existential fear?” And just write anything at all that comes to mind. Really, just anything at all. Even anything that doesn’t seem like it has anything at all to do with the exercise, just write that down too. Whatever comes up.  Let your mind basically relax, free-spew whatever and begin to untangle itself. As you see what’s on the paper, you sort of are assessing it’s validity automatically, subtly, so make sure you’re really relaxing over & over head to toe, and breathing nice and deep. There’s nothing to fear, your head just needs to have a look at what’s going on, so to speak. To see for itself. No rush. If it takes a month, great. The point is, just a simple start, five minutes & put it down for the day - it’s a game changer. It’s the beginning of gettin in the driver’s seat. Sometimes the tiniest things make the biggest difference.

With the self inquiry, also try the opposite. Purposely think “ I “... and add your personal preferences after it, whatever stuff it is you like.  

I.. like this.  I...like that.   I...feel tired.   I....feel excited.  I....wanna get something to drink.   I....am looking forward to this thing this weekend.   I....am not looking forward to this other thing next.  etc etc.    I think it’ll draw out how I is the beginning of thoughts so often, it just seems so normal we miss it.  

Then when you self inquire next, let the I thought go, and let all those thoughts which follow the I thought go with it.  Notice how nice it feels to just put that “ I “ category down for a few minutes. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE