Western Buddha

How do i train myself to breath deeply all the time?

10 posts in this topic

In my morning routine, I'm practicing the box breathing technique. 
Also, I'm always trying to breath through my nose (during exercise also).
But I keep finding myself breathing in a shallow way.
How can I train myself to breathe deeply and calmly all the time? Throughout all, the day?
Thank you.

Kundalini yoga has a technique called "breath of fire" that will help. 

Qigong is all about moving with your breath (Tai chi is basically the same) 

Singing will help, even if it's just in the car/shower

But the most important thing to keep in mind is that a lot of us breathe in "reverse" 

Your stomach should inflate like a balloon when you breathe in. Most people breathe the other way around unconsciously. 

Try this, set a timer throughout your day to repeat. When it goes off, remind yourself to breathe the right way. Once you've trained this up you'll breathe better unconsciously. 

19 hours ago, okulele said:

that's what you want:

its seems a little An applicable.

do you have any other idea?

@Western Buddha well, naturally you would breathe deeply. If your breath is shallow, there is probably emotional stuff down in your belly you did not face. Maybe a deep inquiry into why your breath is so shallow would help?

If you are up for it, set up a timer for like 2 hours, sit down and discover what the whole shallow breath thing is about. Don't give up. Ask yourself with your whole being, until you know :) If you are determined enough to know the truth, you will get it, something will release and the breath will naturally deepen.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

4 hours ago, okulele said:

@Western Buddha well, naturally you would breathe deeply. If your breath is shallow, there is probably emotional stuff down in your belly you did not face. Maybe a deep inquiry into why your breath is so shallow would help?

If you are up for it, set up a timer for like 2 hours, sit down and discover what the whole shallow breath thing is about. Don't give up. Ask yourself with your whole being, until you know :) If you are determined enough to know the truth, you will get it, something will release and the breath will naturally deepen.

ok thank you.

i kind of know what my problems are. i just dont know how to face them.

do you think it is beneficial to do breathing exercises? not as replacement but as an addition.

Edited by Western Buddha