Rilles

Is Wheat An Opiod?

18 posts in this topic

Exogenous opioid substances are called exorphins, as opposed to endorphines. Exorphins include opioid food peptides like Gluten exorphin and opioid food peptides and are mostly contained in cereals and animal milk. They mimic the actions of endorphinesbecause they bind to the same opioid receptors in the brain.

These are the most common exorphins:

Casomorphin (from casein found in milk of mammals, including cows)

Gluten exorphin (from gluten found in cereals wheat, rye, barley)

Gliadorphin/gluteomorphin (from glutenfound in cereals wheat, rye, barley)

Soymorphin-5 (from soybean)

Rubiscolin (from spinach)

No wonder Im so addicted to bread. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

11 minutes ago, Fishy said:

So we can get high by eating tons of bread? L

Not necessarily... Im Still doing research on this... I was hoping someone could fill me in... ;)  

No, it's absolutely not an opioid. For it to be an opioid it would have to contain at least one chemical that acts directly on the opioid receptors, which luckily is not the case with wheat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opioid

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

Idk but wheat definitely has a "dulling effect" on the mind. I think organic spelt is the closest thing you should consume to wheat. And sprouted wheat/rye/barley ect... Millet and Buckwheat are superior food sources to Wheat In my honest opinion.

B R E A T H E

So what makes it dulling and why is it addictive?

54 minutes ago, Rilles said:

So what makes it dulling and why is it addictive?

Well wheat is a simple carbohydrate, a simple sugar. Little nutritional value

sugar is addictive 

its dulling because once its metabolized and your blood sugar comes back down from the spike it gets your brain is devoid of that fuel 

which is why complex carbohydrates and healthy fats are better for the brain since they give you a gradual steady release in blood sugar and often contain more vitamins/minerals

Edited by TrynaBeTurquoise

"Started from the bottom and I just realized I'm still there since the money and the fame is an illusion" -Drake doing self-inquiry

17 minutes ago, TrynaBeTurquoise said:

Well wheat is a simple carbohydrate, a simple sugar. Little nutritional value

sugar is addictive 

its dulling because once its metabolized and your blood sugar comes back down from the spike it gets your brain is devoid of that fuel 

which is why complex carbohydrates and healthy fats are better for the brain since they give you a gradual steady release in blood sugar and often contain more vitamins/minerals

Ah that makes alot of sense!

1 hour ago, Fishy said:

I like to snort pure wheat flour. 

I use wheat bran for my garden, its good for soil and stuff :) I wouldn't consider it food, especially if you want to live a higher consciousness lifestyle. Its vibratory inefficient :D

B R E A T H E

4 hours ago, Fishy said:

I like to snort pure wheat flour. 

Why dont you try contributing instead of making dry jokes. ;) 

Do you mean no more bakery ?

No more french food ??

No pizza ?? No pasta ?

Do you want me dead ?

11 minutes ago, Aeris said:

Do you mean no more bakery ?

i could live without that, i already am in a sense, very rarely eat cakes anymore

No more french food ??

all you eat is dough??

No pizza ?? No pasta ?

lentil pasta, its yum, pizza i dont know how to replace, treat yourself once in a while i guesd

Do you want me dead ?

isnt that what enlightenment is about? ;) 

9 hours ago, Rilles said:

Why dont you try contributing instead of making dry jokes. ;) 

You are right. I apologise, I just found this whole thread quite funny so I thought a joke was in place. Won't happen again. ?

12 hours ago, pluto said:

I use wheat bran for my garden, its good for soil and stuff :) I wouldn't consider it food, especially if you want to live a higher consciousness lifestyle. Its vibratory inefficient :D

I would say I live a quite concsious life, and I don't think some wheat is so bad. At least not whole wheat. ? Haven't noticed any dulling effects or similar personally, but yea it's not a very nutritios food. 

Edited by Fishy

8 hours ago, Fishy said:

You are right. I apologise, I just found this whole thread quite funny so I thought a joke was in place. Won't happen again. ?

I would say I live a quite concsious life, and I don't think some wheat is so bad. At least not whole wheat. ? Haven't noticed any dulling effects or similar personally, but yea it's not a very nutritios food. 

Have you tried living off fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds? You cant really tell how things effect you or how toxic things are unless you stay away from them for a while and clean/detox the body so you become sensitive enough to notice the effect food has on you.

I noticed this after my first water fast of 7 - 8 days, i ate fruit as my first food, felt good, alive, then waited an hour, tried some natural yogurt with some berries and fruit and also felt good. Veggie Soup at night and i noticed it calmed me down a bit compared to the raw living foods prior.

The next day i slowly introduced vegetables and some nuts and seeds and noticed slightly heavier impact on the body but overall still felt great.

The third day i tried some bread and noticed my sharpness and aliveness had been dulled and i felt more cloudy and heavy.

Its really hard to notice these things unless your body/mind is very clean and clear but then again that is my own experience. Some people don't experience as much negatives as i do because when it comes to bread and more heavy cooked meals because of vibratory differences.

Find what works best for you but i truly believe without a clean and well detoxed body, thus clear mind, its hard to notice whats best for us.

You don't always have to do extreme detox or fasting. You can simply cut something out and eat/live generally healthy then introduce it one day after few weeks and try to observe how you feel afterwards compared to how you have been feeling during the weeks prior. Hope this helps :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, pluto said:

Have you tried living off fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds? You cant really tell how things effect you or how toxic things are unless you stay away from them for a while and clean/detox the body so you become sensitive enough to notice the effect food has on you.

I noticed this after my first water fast of 7 - 8 days, i ate fruit as my first food, felt good, alive, then waited an hour, tried some natural yogurt with some berries and fruit and also felt good. Veggie Soup at night and i noticed it calmed me down a bit compared to the raw living foods prior.

The next day i slowly introduced vegetables and some nuts and seeds and noticed slightly heavier impact on the body but overall still felt great.

The third day i tried some bread and noticed my sharpness and aliveness had been dulled and i felt more cloudy and heavy.

Its really hard to notice these things unless your body/mind is very clean and clear but then again that is my own experience. Some people don't experience as much negatives as i do because when it comes to bread and more heavy cooked meals because of vibratory differences.

Find what works best for you but i truly believe without a clean and well detoxed body, thus clear mind, its hard to notice whats best for us.

You don't always have to do extreme detox or fasting. You can simply cut something out and eat/live generally healthy then introduce it one day after few weeks and try to observe how you feel afterwards compared to how you have been feeling during the weeks prior. Hope this helps :)

Thanks pluto. ? I certainly haven't gone long periods with only fruit and veg, I have tried like one a week many years ago. Don't remember much from it. I eat generally healthy with plenty of fruit and veg. I don't eat that much bread, mostly eat it in rye cracker bread form. Sometimes I eat some wheat. Sometimes I eat some crap food tho, and yes I can feel it doesn't feel so good after, and it have become much easier to stay away from it due to heightened body awareness. I generally feel good and present so I don't think this is a huge issue for me. I focus more on meditation. ? I think sometimes tho too much focus on diet can make people obsessed and neurotic about it and can do more harm then good. And if you tell the body that this and that food is bad for you those foods will certainly be more harmful to you. Not implying that you guys are like that. 

12 minutes ago, Fishy said:

Thanks pluto. ? I certainly haven't gone long periods with only fruit and veg, I have tried like one a week many years ago. Don't remember much from it. I eat generally healthy with plenty of fruit and veg. I don't eat that much bread, mostly eat it in rye cracker bread form. Sometimes I eat some wheat. Sometimes I eat some crap food tho, and yes I can feel it doesn't feel so good after, and it have become much easier to stay away from it due to heightened body awareness. I generally feel good and present so I don't think this is a huge issue for me. I focus more on meditation. ? I think sometimes tho too much focus on diet can make people obsessed and neurotic about it and can do more harm then good. And if you tell the body that this and that food is bad for you those foods will certainly be more harmful to you. Not implying that you guys are like that. 

Indeed. Well said :)

B R E A T H E

4 hours ago, Fishy said:

Yeah, you have to give yourself a little leeway, Im way too sloppy to be neurotic about food, i would starve to death in a week if i went vegan haha, but its imperative to know what youre putting in your body, most people have no clue