rnd

Supposedly too loose classification of the countries spiral dynamics-wise Leo did

5 posts in this topic

In Conscious Politics videos Leo classificies the countries spiral dynamics-wise. To me it seems that he did it too loosly. Such that there's little good of knowing such classification.

By what criteria did Leo do the classifiction? And also, did Leo apply the same criteria to all the countries or mix the criterias? :D

1) By people? Then Leo, how do know what people like in all those countries if you live in the US? How could you determine that people in Russia, North Korea, Sauid Arabia are more or less on the same level of spiral dynamics so that you put them all in the red category?

How can, let's say, Turkey, Singapore, Thailand, India, Myanmar, Georgia (the country), Malaysia be lower on the spiral dynamics level but safer? That is, people themselves don't commit violent crime against each other. I've been and stayed there for some time. Whereas in the US they do, don't they? If in the US they're, supposedely, more conscious, how could they do low consciouneos things -- crime that people from the countries of lower consciouneos won't do?

Some countries in Europe too are less safe than the countries above.

2) By the presidents? Then Trump, you say, is of the stage red, whereas the US - orange and a bit of green.

3) By the laws, how much freedom they give to individuals? You put China  to blue, whereas Russia to red. The freedom in Russia in way higher. The freedom in Brazil is way higher than in China, but you put them both in the blue.

-----

How many wars has the US started in the last 100 years? More than any other country in the world, right? Starting a war implies low conscioness government, doesn't it?

Also, Cisco and Google are suspected to have helped filter in internet in China. Cisco has contributed greatly built China's great firewal. And Google helps do surveillance in Urumqi -- west of China. That's the stricest surveillance in the world some people say.

So called conscious, modern, almost green companies, from the country on a high spiral dynamics level.

Edited by rnd

My classifications are very loose approximations. It very much depends on which parts of the country you consider. No country is a single color. That's an oversimplification we make for sake of convenience.

So yes, your classifications may be slightly different than mine.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura what made you think that Saudi Arabia is more or less like north korea & Russia?

I think it is the safest place on earth. I can walk out at 2 or 3am alone and it felt like day. The streets will always be full of people. The mosque is always with people. Not much difference between day and night. People from all over the world. I think it must be the highest on the spiral, integrated. In terms of accepting foreign people, it's a melting pot. 

(^this is Mecca)

While the Saudi people, i'd say...I don't know. 

They have separate living rooms for male and female guest. Yea it's conservative culture. Respecting the boundaries. 

Edited by Angelite

@Angelite Saudi Arabia needs more uncontrolled capitalism. To topple their monarchy and some good old democracy. 

Safety doesn’t mean you are high up in the spiral, it just means you value the absolute basics.