Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tatsumaru

Difference between awareness of space, direct experience, truth?

8 posts in this topic

What is the difference between awareness of space, direct experience, truth, being, mystical union, non-meditation, isness, suchness, thusness, samadhi, satori, kensho, etc.
Some will say that all these are pointers towards the same isness, however different traditions seem to make clear distinctions. For example in Dzogchen rigpa consciousness seems to be different than yin(emptiness) awareness in Taoism. Additionally in Taoism - yin(emptiness) awareness, seems to be different that Oneness and also seems to be different than Tao: The Tao created The One and The One created Yin/Yang.
While mahayana seems to go as far as the emptiness/awareness/impermanence nihilistic realization, Vajrayana Buddhists seem to claim that non-meditation goes further and can penetrate deeper into reality where meditation can not. The Buddha suddenly starts speaking about a True Self and permanence and Tathagatha (beyond coming/going, beyond being/non-being) and about permanent happiness.
Tilopa in his Mahamudra to Naropa seems to suggest that this naked awareness that we call Truth here, seems to be the entrance to Truth rather than Truth itself. It's like the red pill rather than the desert of the real.
Similarly to spiral dynamics levels, it might be the case that there are deeper levels of realization than simply resting in naked awareness. Consider the Bon's shamanic insights of the ultimate nature of clear light that seem not to belong to the level of the 6 senses. Also there seem to be a couple of people in history (such as Walter Russell) who during their solo retreats in forests suddenly were penetrated by visions about truth and undivided light and they downloaded instantly the mechanics of systems that we are not even aware of, and that seem to govern Maya behind the scenes (the book The Secret Of Light for example). Nikola Tesla said about Walter Russell that people would need another 1000 years to understand him. Oddly enough there are many similarities between Bon, Walter Russell's insights, Vajrayana and even Quantum Mechanics.
Obviously these are just my own interpretations of the scriptures, but it's important to note that they are born out of questioning whether the rock bottom is really the rock bottom. For example in the movie The Matrix - awareness that one is in The Matrix is not equal to waking up from The Matrix. Resting in your awareness is still within the Matrix. Of course this is just a movie, so it's just some food for thought - what if awareness isn't the final dimension? How could we penetrate further?

Cheers.

13 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Even when you have waked up from the Matrix there is Awareness.

Even in Heaven, or Hell, etc. there is Awareness.

Matrix, Heaven, Hell, etc. are temporary experiences in the unchanging attributeless Awareness.

While that might be the case I am still wondering about this.

Edited by tatsumaru

@tatsumaru According to your Zen teacher Ramana feared death post enlightenment? According to my mom your Zen teacher is full of shit.

1 hour ago, tatsumaru said:

What is the difference between awareness of space, direct experience, truth, being, mystical union, non-meditation, isness, suchness, thusness, samadhi, satori, kensho, etc.
Some will say that all these are pointers towards the same isness, however different traditions seem to make clear distinctions. For example in Dzogchen rigpa consciousness seems to be different than yin(emptiness) awareness in Taoism. Additionally in Taoism - yin(emptiness) awareness, seems to be different that Oneness and also seems to be different than Tao: The Tao created The One and The One created Yin/Yang.
While mahayana seems to go as far as the emptiness/awareness/impermanence nihilistic realization, Vajrayana Buddhists seem to claim that non-meditation goes further and can penetrate deeper into reality where meditation can not. The Buddha suddenly starts speaking about a True Self and permanence and Tathagatha (beyond coming/going, beyond being/non-being) and about permanent happiness.
Tilopa in his Mahamudra to Naropa seems to suggest that this naked awareness that we call Truth here, seems to be the entrance to Truth rather than Truth itself. It's like the red pill rather than the desert of the real.
Similarly to spiral dynamics levels, it might be the case that there are deeper levels of realization than simply resting in naked awareness. Consider the Bon's shamanic insights of the ultimate nature of clear light that seem not to belong to the level of the 6 senses. Also there seem to be a couple of people in history (such as Walter Russell) who during their solo retreats in forests suddenly were penetrated by visions about truth and undivided light and they downloaded instantly the mechanics of systems that we are not even aware of, and that seem to govern Maya behind the scenes (the book The Secret Of Light for example). Nikola Tesla said about Walter Russell that people would need another 1000 years to understand him. Oddly enough there are many similarities between Bon, Walter Russell's insights, Vajrayana and even Quantum Mechanics.
Obviously these are just my own interpretations of the scriptures, but it's important to note that they are born out of questioning whether the rock bottom is really the rock bottom. For example in the movie The Matrix - awareness that one is in The Matrix is not equal to waking up from The Matrix. Resting in your awareness is still within the Matrix. Of course this is just a movie, so it's just some food for thought - what if awareness isn't the final dimension? How could we penetrate further?

Cheers.

You will be directly conscious of the answer when you awaken to yourself.  You will discover that you are infinite and there cannot be anything outside of yourself.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

13 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Hm? I don't think so? Maybe he was scared before he got enlightened, not after.

12 hours ago, Esoteric said:

@tatsumaru According to your Zen teacher Ramana feared death post enlightenment? According to my mom your Zen teacher is full of shit.

It's possible that I was misinformed or that I just misunderstood. I suppose I am going to edit this out.

@tatsumaru Ramana had his realization when he was 16 due to his extreme fear of death one night. He got struck heavily by this intense fear and chose to let go and accept death fully (that is the well known story anyway). I think that is what you misunderstood.