ethanb121

5 Meo DMT and SSRI Interaction

37 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Im currently on 50 mgs of lexapro and was wondering if its safe for me to do 5 Meo Dmt will it just have diminished affects or will i get serotonin syndrome ... most people say its fine to take it with nn dmt but the affects will be less but there isn't much information on 5 meo if any could let me know its greatly appreciated

I have been watching a lot of Leos videos and im really into everything he talks about and id like to try this substance to get a step up on enlightenment but what I don't want to do is to harm myself and my family by getting hurt ...  I am getting some 5 meo on Monday (100 mgs) to be exact

Edited by ethanb121

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would strongly advise against that. It could be very dangerous.


"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Girzo said:

It's pointless.

why do you say that will the affects be so deminished it wont bee worth doing it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I would strongly advise against that. It could be very dangerous.

its seems from other peoples experiences they are fine  just the affects are diminished ive done stimulants with antidepressants since i used to be prescribed them and also was sort of a drug addict and your videos helped me alot and anyways they are supposed to cause the same thing dmt does and they never did as well as ive done high doses of mushrooms do you have any credibility as in sources to back this up or do you think i should wait till im off my SSRI meds which i already am i was on pristiq awhile ago and ive come off that i already feel like i have a little more emotion then try it once im off lexapro let me know when you can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ethanb121 Not off the top of my head. Search Reddit.

I don't understand why you would be taking 5-MeO while on antidepressants.

5-MeO is very radical. It will reveal shocking truths. Can you really handle that?

Why are you on SSRIs to begin with?


"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@ethanb121 Not off the top of my head. Search Reddit.

I don't understand why you would be taking 5-MeO while on antidepressants.

5-MeO is very radical. It will reveal shocking truths. Can you really handle that?

Why are you on SSRIs to begin with?

Thats the whole reason I want to do it and  i am ready for it i think but i am alil scared im not going to lie ... im trying to treat it like im actually going to die so when i do it ... it will be easier i guess in a sense to let go and i was put on anti depressants because i was depressed from passed events and was getting into crime and doing bad in school / doing drugs then i started to get better and Ive passed all my high school and every now at this point and haven't touched drugs for years

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So why not wean yourself off SSRIs first?

The problem here is not merely that 5-MeO will reveal crazy truths.

The problem is that there can be a bad interaction between these two chemicals in your brain, causing the trip to turn very sour and possibly even lethal. If that happens your trip will spiral out of control. You will not be able to think your way out of it.

When taking psychedelics you gotta consider possible interactions with other medicines very seriously. You don't know what kind of synergy could result.

Do your research. And even then, I would not advise it.


"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, 5-MeO-DMT is more dangerous than DMT, so don't assume that somthing that can be safely combined with DMT will be also with 5-MeO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

So why not wean yourself off SSRIs first?

The problem here is not merely that 5-MeO will reveal crazy truths.

The problem is that there can be a bad interaction between these two chemicals in your brain, causing the trip to turn very sour and possibly even lethal. If that happens your trip will spiral out of control. You will not be able to think your way out of it.

When taking psychedelics you gotta consider possible interactions with other medicines very seriously. You don't know what kind of synergy could result.

Do your research. And even then, I would not advise it.

Like in the sense that i could kill myself and i dont know im just really excited to try it i guess and it is hard to quit anti depressants even weaning off of them takes time and pain wish i never took them sometimes ive tried meditating and stuff like that ... its nice and your videos give me good insights on things but i want that truth or like something too ground me so i know 100 percent  i can commit myself to this path ...5 meo seems like it can give me what meditation cant but if it is really going to be that bad i could wean off , it would just be a huge inconvienence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ethanb121 Then you should be excited to wean of SSRIs so you are free to seriously pursue Truth.

SSRIs are not good for you. So you should have a plan for weaning off them regradless of psychedelics. You want your mind as free as possible for this work.

I know weaning off them is hard, but see it as an investment into your future.

For stuff like mild depression, psychedelics will be way more effective than antidepressants. Psychedelics will address the root cause of depression and will help you find peace.

If you kick antidepressants you can do weekly trips and that will help you stay grounded.

You can also experiment with microdosing LSD. Although I prefer large bi-weekly trips vs microdosing.


"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Then practice "dying" by going into a period of cutting out the anti-depressants, just eating the essential foods (blend and drink oatmeal, spinach and eggs xD), exercise and meditate as good as you can, NOTHING ELSE. Then surrender to and bathe in all the resistance, boredom and suffering that rise up from this hardcore period. If you really want to die, you shouldn't have many attachments left to a comfortable lifestyle and eating habits.

This is what I did when my depression was at its most intense, to the point of not feeling anything at all, "ok so if I'm just a robot now, I guess I can just make all decisions based on what's most reasonable."

And why are we talking about 5-MeO to begin with. Have you researched psilocybin? Why not synchronize body/mind/consciousness with magic mushrooms, or legal truffles in Amsterdam if you live in Europe? Even 22 grams of High Hawaiian truffles, which is considered a high dose by the Smart Shops down there can be guided by you for the 6-7 hours they last. And they can give you 3 hour long orgasms in the shower, which really is not based in sexuality, but this synchronization of mind/body/consciousness, which might be exactly what you need if your depression disconnects you from even your own body.

Today it's like my earlier depressions and complex PTSD never has existed at all, a few of the depressions was also simply just my paradigms dying to make room for the next, based on the Spiral Dynamic model.

You can deprogram/program anything you want, some things just take time, and sometimes it's your world view/paradigm which has to die, not you literally xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ethanb121 I'm on 80 mg of Venlafaxine and 5-MeO works pretty much the same as when I was on no SSRI's


Equanimity, Stillness, Non-Reactivity, Cessation, Emptiness, Void, Disenchantment, Nothingness

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love, Joy, Infinite Goodness, Intelligence, Consciousness, Beauty, God, The Absolute, Divine Nature, Grace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

@ethanb121 I'm on 80 mg of Venlafaxine and 5-MeO works pretty much the same as when I was on no SSRI's

Really how high of doses were you taking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Awakened Viking said:

Then practice "dying" by going into a period of cutting out the anti-depressants, just eating the essential foods (blend and drink oatmeal, spinach and eggs xD), exercise and meditate as good as you can, NOTHING ELSE. Then surrender to and bathe in all the resistance, boredom and suffering that rise up from this hardcore period. If you really want to die, you shouldn't have many attachments left to a comfortable lifestyle and eating habits.

This is what I did when my depression was at its most intense, to the point of not feeling anything at all, "ok so if I'm just a robot now, I guess I can just make all decisions based on what's most reasonable."

And why are we talking about 5-MeO to begin with. Have you researched psilocybin? Why not synchronize body/mind/consciousness with magic mushrooms, or legal truffles in Amsterdam if you live in Europe? Even 22 grams of High Hawaiian truffles, which is considered a high dose by the Smart Shops down there can be guided by you for the 6-7 hours they last. And they can give you 3 hour long orgasms in the shower, which really is not based in sexuality, but this synchronization of mind/body/consciousness, which might be exactly what you need if your depression disconnects you from even your own body.

Today it's like my earlier depressions and complex PTSD never has existed at all, a few of the depressions was also simply just my paradigms dying to make room for the next, based on the Spiral Dynamic model.

You can deprogram/program anything you want, some things just take time, and sometimes it's your world view/paradigm which has to die, not you literally xD

I already went through that phase the food part not so bad the cutting it out completely very bad I have cold turkey quit cigarettes xanax and mutiple different kinds of stimulants and by far anti depressant withdrawls are the worst so that says something ...l tried doing it cold turkey and i only lasted like 5 or 6 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@ethanb121 Then you should be excited to wean of SSRIs so you are free to seriously pursue Truth.

SSRIs are not good for you. So you should have a plan for weaning off them regradless of psychedelics. You want your mind as free as possible for this work.

I know weaning off them is hard, but see it as an investment into your future.

For stuff like mild depression, psychedelics will be way more effective than antidepressants. Psychedelics will address the root cause of depression and will help you find peace.

If you kick antidepressants you can do weekly trips and that will help you stay grounded.

You can also experiment with microdosing LSD. Although I prefer large bi-weekly trips vs microdosing.

38 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@ethanb121 Then you should be excited to wean of SSRIs so you are free to seriously pursue Truth.

SSRIs are not good for you. So you should have a plan for weaning off them regradless of psychedelics. You want your mind as free as possible for this work.

I know weaning off them is hard, but see it as an investment into your future.

For stuff like mild depression, psychedelics will be way more effective than antidepressants. Psychedelics will address the root cause of depression and will help you find peace.

If you kick antidepressants you can do weekly trips and that will help you stay grounded.

You can also experiment with microdosing LSD. Although I prefer large bi-weekly trips vs microdosing.

Yeah i mean i am excited just bummed thats how it is but you cant change it i suppose  and why do you say they are bad for you i here alot of people say that but they never give a reason why besides its not thee root issue i feel like they just make me feel normal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ethanb121 said:

Really how high of doses were you taking

I don't know how many mg's. I'm using a micro scoop for measurement. Generally medium doses


Equanimity, Stillness, Non-Reactivity, Cessation, Emptiness, Void, Disenchantment, Nothingness

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love, Joy, Infinite Goodness, Intelligence, Consciousness, Beauty, God, The Absolute, Divine Nature, Grace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ethanb121 said:

by far anti depressant withdrawls are the worst so that says something ...l tried doing it cold turkey and i only lasted like 5 or 6 days

I'm probably gonna have to do a Prozac bridge because getting off of Venlafaxine is just too hard without something with a longer half-life.


Equanimity, Stillness, Non-Reactivity, Cessation, Emptiness, Void, Disenchantment, Nothingness

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Love, Joy, Infinite Goodness, Intelligence, Consciousness, Beauty, God, The Absolute, Divine Nature, Grace

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

I'm probably gonna have to do a Prozac bridge because getting off of Venlafaxine is just too hard without something with a longer half-life.

47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

 

Was it a good trip haha I am alil scared to do it

Edited by ethanb121

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now