Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ampresus

Change yourself before changing the world

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone.

Recently, with the stuff happening in the USA and Leo uploading conscious political videos, I have been thinking. I thought that, before even thinking about changing the world, you should change yourself first (heard this from lots of people including Sadhguru and I think Leo). Loads of people (including me) are still struggling somewhere close to the bottom of Maslow’s hierarchy, yet I see here the same people discuss big topics like Medicare and taxation of the rich. 

Now I have not the right to vote considering my age. Even in the Netherlands I still have not gotten proper education about politics. Although I have much to change about myself and don’t think I should be worrying about the entire world, I am curious. Should I engage more in this politics overload the rest of the forum is basically embracing? I haven’t watched any of Leo’s conscious politics videos yet.

Clean your room and maybe you'll appear on prageru like I have, kid

I like this as well.  One person can make a huge difference starting with themselves. 

I know this guy who changed himself and helped one person, and then another.  If they didn't want help he just moved along.

He now has two billion followers.

I'm in your position 

What are your highest priorities right now? 

In your eyes what is the importance of politics? 

I guess this is where a healthy Yellow comes in?

They see that the world is a bunch of self-developing systems, and that if everyone just cleaned their room and focused on mastering their specific field rather than going out protesting and storming the government in the name of revolution, we would reach a healthier world more quickly.

So the Yellow minimize his/her life and typically focus on a quiet life where they can focus on their mastery to improve 100 other lives rather than trying to just touch thousands

1 hour ago, The Awakened Viking said:

I guess this is where a healthy Yellow comes in?

They see that the world is a bunch of self-developing systems, and that if everyone just cleaned their room and focused on mastering their specific field rather than going out protesting and storming the government in the name of revolution, we would reach a healthier world more quickly.

So the Yellow minimize his/her life and typically focus on a quiet life where they can focus on their mastery to improve 100 other lives rather than trying to just touch thousands

You come from a position of poverty ?