Elisabeth

I want to lead small groups

6 posts in this topic

I want to show people that they can connect and share and give and get support in thematic self-help groups and sharing circles, and through the bond formed there combat loneliness and get more insight into their personal issues, which will help them overcome these more easily.

*Nothing new under the sun* ... but somehow not common. Some people form deep sharing and caring bonds on a friendship basis on their own, but I'd say at least 50% od today's western population can't. 

How do I do this? And, can I make a business model out of it without a) misusing people in a bad situation, and b) getting my intention corrupt by money?  (fear expressed)

Thanks. 

Edited by Elisabeth

@Ero Thank you. Would you mind sharing your purpose and how you go about actualizing it?

You'll need to find out how to differentiate with your competitors. A good course of action might be to find some people that are interested in your idea and gather once or twice a week for free. That way, you'll get better and at the same time get to know your clients. Define what they like, don't like, etc and once you figure that out, start charging. Do it for a while: Profit :)

My YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/2PSLrNb

Yes, I've joined one where people paid $20 per session. They average 50-60 people per session. Theres 2 practitioners but they barely teach (cept a reiteration of core personal development principles). It was mostly people just sharing a story or something that helped them with a bunch of talking with each other in the beginning, middle and end. The practitioners also had a $475 3 day workshop, and books that they would sell. 20 people signed up for that workshop 

It was very inclusive and friendly. Did not get a cult vibe but it was a bit homogeneous in terms of perspective. But I didnt meet everyone 

---

I went to one in NYC, there is a shaman who hosts $10 weekly workshops for dealing with strong negative emotions and other shaman-y things. That is done in a group, sharing session. People would speak about their problems. He also had his own private practice 

--- 

A lady I went to once taught principles from a course in miracles every week. Shed charge $15 per class I think and had a couple people show up per class 

Just some ideas 

Edited by d0ornokey