benmitchell2812

Andrew Yang for 2020?

8 posts in this topic

What are your thoughts on Andrew Yang's approach and ideas for the 2020 presidential election? 

I really like Andrew and his policies. I don't know enough about the economy to say whether or not UBI is a good idea or not but a lot of his other policies are way ahead of others. 

Just take a look at his policy page. It covers so many different topics. 

https://www.yang2020.com/policies/

Leo has said in the past that he is too far out there (paraphrasing) to get elected and I kind of agree. I think before someone like Andrew can get elected we will have to have a Bernie type in office. Move from a more orange stage to green (Bernie) before we can get to yellow (Andrew). 

Universal basic income-Would like to see it implemented. Could be very good for struggling family's and anyone in a rut. On the other hand it may breed laziness. There is also a drug epidemic in america so after them first few payouts you would see a record number of overdoses.  

The dangers of automation-So basically he wants to help people who have been displaced by robotics. Fine but not everyone will be able to transition into a new job smoothly. People will be forced to adapt for better or worse like they always have. 

Yang had arguably the weakest performance of the debate. The support he once had is now vastly diminished.

Edited by Solonius

@Solonius you think his support is diminishing? I haven't been following this election/polls super closely but he still seems to be gaining traction to me. He's polling higher than more notable candidates in the race

@NorthRise Unfortunately I do. He might have a flash in the pan here or there but ultimately he is done. He would need Jupiter himself to descend from the heavens and fight along side him in the next debate to have a chance.    

@benmitchell2812 Andrew Yang is the leader America, and the world, needs right now. He is the only candidate that can beat Trump, as he wins over people from all across the political spectrum. "It's not or left, it's forward." I've been watching his campaign closely, and he's only going to grow and grow from here. I fully believe he'll be our next president. 

He leads by example from love, not fear. He believes in UBI (the freedom dividend) so much, that he is currently supporting 3 families with $1000 a month from his own pocket. He brings a stage Yellow, tier 2 approach to the table, and honestly it's really apparent when you compare his vision with the other candidate's. He has over 100 policy proposals on his website, and when you read through them you get a clear sense of what his vision and values are. I could go on, but please dive into what this man is about. He's a once in a lifetime candidate. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

15 hours ago, Solonius said:

There is also a drug epidemic in america so after them first few payouts you would see a record number of overdoses.  

Its sad. If we switched it from a criminal problem to a health problem like places such as Portugal and Switzerland, this would be less of an issue I think based on their success. 

I think Yang is for this notion based on policies like: https://www.yang2020.com/policies/decriminalizeopioids/

Edited by Shadowraix

16 hours ago, Solonius said:

Universal basic income-Would like to see it implemented. Could be very good for struggling family's and anyone in a rut. On the other hand it may breed laziness. There is also a drug epidemic in america so after them first few payouts you would see a record number of overdoses.  

The dangers of automation-So basically he wants to help people who have been displaced by robotics. Fine but not everyone will be able to transition into a new job smoothly. People will be forced to adapt for better or worse like they always have. 

Yang had arguably the weakest performance of the debate. The support he once had is now vastly diminished.

if they overdose that regulate the lazy ones. problem solved.

free weed aswell would be great.

free weed and universel income forever

I vote day & night

I don't believe people would do nothing, at worst they do nothing 4-5 years, then they all go for self actualized & new meaning, this is how it truly works.

People could work from through passion and put harder quality and even result from this. ( fear of dying is no more there, fear of not having food, and it makes the QI or functionality goes up ) and it makes people efficient.

And it will give more monney value to "dirty jobs" no one will do it for surviving, but for getting more. And if no one want to work at mcdonald, I m sure they will be people to work in it.

But seriously UI can only be real in a more green/yellow society.

Orange is too blind for seeing more than the hole he is digging for society, in fact, for himself.

this is a paradox I totaly believe than giving a free income that allow you to live fairly, will push you to engage in true passion and give yourself full.

then there will still be "wageslavery shitty job" BUT, if I take a mcdonald.

90% of people work at mcdonald because they need to survive, if they have the monney to survive, this put value on the fact of being a burger seller.

means you'll get & the universal & the job you had.

it's an infinite subject, but too me, universal income if not today, it will happen anyway.

10 000 humans can have lesser work value than one creating the technology to replace them all.

I could argue for 10 hours on why it's good to have universal income. Of course their will be cons.

But I think when you study sociology or my self, I cannot believe people would become couch potato on heroïn. That is a fear non sense based argument. Of course their will be this, but there will aswell be people working hard to create community around purging the world from his pollution.

Of course in reality, that means, equilibrium of gold and many things to rewire.

In the current america society, or a EU country, I m not sure it would work currently. But in 5-10 years. it could be.

Edited by Aeris