yellowschnee

Google/Youtube result manipulation

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

since Google modifies and personalizes search results based on the person who is using it I thought it would be cool to swap Google accounts between different people to get out of the personal bubble that is created by using just your own account. 

This is probably not that practical because most users have lots of private data stored on it.

That's why I think it would make a whole lot of sense to write a program that does it. One of the options could include being able to choose between different types of persons or characters and get results revolving around that profile.

What do you think about this? Do you have anything to add? 

And do you know any reasonable alternatives to the Google services?

Edited by yellowschnee
missing stuff

Google would not make this easy to make such a program. There are a lot of tools for SEO. Maybe one of them could help you find more info on targeted results.

www.duckduckgo.com is a great alternative and there main advertising point is exactly about what you wrote about in this post 

Yeah, 

my main search engine is now duckduckgo. It doesn't have everything though, like YouTube and stuff. Also, at some rare occasions I just don't find the desired thing with duckduckgo that I find with google...

@AutumnThat makes sense but who knows…  I thought about the program making volunteers log in to their google accounts so that it would scan their results and/or YouTube start pages. Manually searching from someone else's account might be an issue because that would change their future results. The program could maybe use shared accounts. 

Check out this Youtube channel - The Hated One.

He talks about privacy and how to protect ourselves, how big companies take our data and abuse it. As a consequence we end up in an information bubble that they exploit for ads and manipulation.