Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John West

OneNote Back Up

7 posts in this topic

Is it possible to create Back Ups in OneNote that you safe on your local PC and not in the cloud?

Yes, Go to

Information --> Open backups --> look where is the folder with the backups --> copy and paste to any location 

Or use google drive or something similar :)

@John West  I had a lot of trouble with finding out how all back up stuff works. if you have an old version like 2010 it automatically makes backup files for you. You can find them by going to the file tab --> Open Back Ups. If you already have them saved in the cloud and want to go a little further to protect your files. I would recommend buying a good quality flash drive and use Sync Toy to sync your files easily to the drive.

@John West If you're using Mac I don't believe its possible to backup OneNote on your hardrive. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

I hope someone is still reading this thread. I have another question for oennote (2016): When I create subpages of subpages (for example the dates below the subpage "August"), I have the problem that I can collapse them, because there is no arrow to do so. Yes, I can collapse everything into "2019", and then everything below 2019 is hidden, but I dont know how to collapse it into "August", so that you only see "2019-->August" and that's it. I hope you get what I mean. Do you have a solution for that? It's useful for me because this is my reflection, and I do it everyday, but also on a monthly and yearly cycle. 

Onenote.PNG

Edited by John West