Marinus

How to stop being a dopine addict.

9 posts in this topic

For an average guy I'm not really addicted to my phone or wifi. When I'm outdoors I don't have WiFi so I can't use it. But living indoors makes me use it. It's so addicting, detracting and available. How can can I drastically stop this addiction inmodern society? 

By tapering off and replacing the time doing those things with something else.

The end results comes to intercepting the unconscious actions. To realize what you are doing -> intercept that desire -> replace it with some other action. Maybe wear a wristband or some kind of reminder to remind you of your goals. This requires building commitment and self-discipline. Long term vision. Is that quick dopamine fix more important or the current dissatisfaction to remove the addiction? Comfort vs discomfort.

7 minutes ago, Marinus said:

@Nahm I know, but it doesn't make it less difficult.

You’re referring to “living indoors” as “it”, as if living indoors was a being choosing for you. 

Try to notice there’s no “it” doing anything to anyone, so you can notice it’s your choice. Then you can make another, more in line with your desire & intention. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

If you didn't have a phone anymore, would you still be addicted to it?

Your addictions exist because you have access to them. Remove the access, and they will be gone.

I don't mean throw out your phone and unsubscribe from internet services completely. I mean try that for let's say a month, and you will find yourself free from them.

@Truth Addict I do not think that this is a solution to any kind of addiction, you are spining inside the circle of symptoms but you let the root problem untouched. I say , own your consciousness, take your control back, and own that addiction, every addiction is a mis-use of a tool @Marinus So if this is what you are doing, you are as addicted to your phone as de-addicted from your other passions and interests, if you have passions and interests and live life minfully , there is no time for cell phone, in fact there is, but there is no time worrying or talking about if you had to use your cell phone for 5 minutes or 30 minutes this day. Come on my friend, step up your game :) , you are on a self-actualize journey

you are as addicted to your phone as de-addicted from your other passions and interests

@M4sti  I like this :), nice way  to view it differently. 

@M4sti

What I shared was what worked for me.

Of course, I have put a lot of effort into consciousness work and into theoritcal understanding of addictions before, while, and after quitting some of my addictions.