M4sti

How to overcome fear.

12 posts in this topic

Fear is my biggest enemy in this life, i fear life itself in some way, this days i tried to do lucid dreaming with the help of audio, but it is like i already know nothing will happen because my mind wont let go. I just end up relaxing and being conscious till the end of the recording, for some reason my fitness tracker is counting this 2 hours of the audio as sleep, but i was feeling awake the whole time. 

Because of Fear i do not try to do so many things i want to do , and that is blocking my progress, and since i started doing spirituality work too, doing it by being a scared cat would be a waste of time. 

Fear of life, fear of commitment, fear of responsibilities etc. 

I steadily outgrow some of them, by being an independent learner and thinking more deeply and critical , but i need to step-up my game, i realise how far behind i am in almost every section of life so i am trying way harder recently. 

Thi is why i need your help, I believe this community will have great insights on this issue and i will be very happy if you share it with me. 

Maybe try backup plans. Every time I’m scared of something happening, I try to come up with a plan how to deal with it if it does happen. Most of the time, I realise that it’s not as bad as I thought it was or that there is something that I can do now to prevent it from happening or reduce the damage it can cause.

I have an opinion on everything :D

What I did to face some of my fears was to be 100% committed to face the fear so no matter what would happen I would be ready for it.

A good tip is to be comfortable getting uncomfortable. 

Also fully feel the fear with zero resistance. 

Edited by BjarkeT

20 hours ago, M4sti said:

Fear is my biggest enemy in this life, i fear life itself in some way, this days i tried to do lucid dreaming with the help of audio, but it is like i already know nothing will happen because my mind wont let go. I just end up relaxing and being conscious till the end of the recording, for some reason my fitness tracker is counting this 2 hours of the audio as sleep, but i was feeling awake the whole time. 

Because of Fear i do not try to do so many things i want to do , and that is blocking my progress, and since i started doing spirituality work too, doing it by being a scared cat would be a waste of time. 

Fear of life, fear of commitment, fear of responsibilities etc. 

I steadily outgrow some of them, by being an independent learner and thinking more deeply and critical , but i need to step-up my game, i realise how far behind i am in almost every section of life so i am trying way harder recently. 

Thi is why i need your help, I believe this community will have great insights on this issue and i will be very happy if you share it with me. 

By misunderstanding your sensations, you are creating the fear which you are calling an enemy. In your ignore-ance of sensations, you’ve created an idea of your self. Now, having identified with the idea of your self, you are mistaking it as your actual self. Now, you deeply believe your actual self is a physical limited thing. It’s not. 

This is why “your mind won’t let go”. It is protecting the idea of you, so it can’t (“It” is your own creation).

This is why you’re thinking / seeking insights from communication from others. Everything you could want to know, be, or have, is already, and All Ready - within.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

14 hours ago, Stenne said:

@M4sti cold showers go in the fear. Breathe in the fear

+1 cold showers 

I'm 1.5 years in cold showers sometimes 2 time a day. 

For me personally is one of the most important things in my day. And help alot with self-esteem, fears and calming you mind.

Take a normal shower and clean yourself normally . Then at the end of the shower do cold wather . 

Start with 10 seconds. And in a month go up to 1 minute.  Then 2-3....

Them after 3-4 mounts you want fell any cold water anymore. You will kinda enjoy it !

Edited by ActualizedDavid

Read ‘fear: the friend of exceptional people’ by geoff thompson.

He talks about drawing up a fear pyramid. List your fears from the least to the biggest as you climb the pyramid. Starting from the bottom, confront them systematically.

Also look at the video ‘fear setting’ by tim ferriss

Thanks for the advice my friends, i am into cold showers for 2 years and i find it very easy to stay for a minute or so, and it is really helping in many ways. @Nahm Got it, this makes sense and now you have triggered something else for me, maybe this could be the real issue underlying fear and everything else. What i want to say is that i can conceptualize every teaching i heard so far from Leo and from the spiritual community or other intellectual sources , i can go a step beyond and say i ultimately feel their truth and i believe it to the core, but then this belief or knowledge creates something else, i project to what is possible and then i see that huge gap from what i believe is my potential with my actuality in this current moment, so i am trying to close it somehow, but the Ego is crazy, you know how many ways the Ego can rationalize its way out of that road, an Ego like mine has so many tricks, it is not even taking breaks, it wants to maintain itself in every way possible, grabing every chanse.And when it wins, this gap is getting bigger. But then again  is that projection of potential  an Ego thought?  am i chasing my tail here? . I guess it boils down to practise,maybe  i just need to stfu and practise and surrender to all possible outcomes rather than chasing particular ones , start doing things rather than having this mental mast*****n. 

@studentofthegame That looks good, i am into books lately and i am short on spiritual material in my library ,thanks for this suggestion 

You're not the Koan type so how about the Litany Against Fear?

I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Repeat to yourself twenty times.

And then watch this twice a day.

Guaranteed to work, if you do the work I prescribed to you. It's up to you. I believe in you, you can do it.

Edited by The Dopamine Cleric

@M4sti your right dude consciously put yourself in more fearful situations only to simply notice and become familiar with the sensations. Don’t even bother trying to control the mind just commit to being your best when opportunity arises 

I’m in the same boat and know how hard it really is to bring space inward but before you know it, habit will make it much easier like literally taking yourself out of the equation 

Edited by DrewNows

@The Dopamine Cleric i do not know if this is troll, but the feeling i get while watching this weird video is rather suspicious, it is akward, uneasy feeling, but why it is there i cant make a connection, calling it weird and strange , akward, would be enough but the other vibe i get i cant explain , even superficially.