Giulio Bevilacqua

Helpless about life direction.

9 posts in this topic

I've reached a point of total confusion, I really don't know what to do in my life. 

All this spirituality has brought a lot of confusion.

At the moment nothing matters, only my inner journey. I have to come to make a decision about how to move forward . At the moment I do not have a social occupation

I often have this idea to leave everything and live somewhere in nature or in a monastery, but I also doubt this . I do not have more this feeling where I can say "this is what I must do now" everything looks flat, empty without colours . 

I told my parents that in September I would start a Percussion Music school, I have great skills in it, but I feel it is a forced decision, only just to do something and try to see how the situation would change.

If I where alone without parents, I would know what to do, just trusting this not knowing and wait what happens .

It's a total block.  The spiritual journey is going quite good ,  I feel lot of moments where I'm totally empty, maybe this creates some turmoil in the external life.

Is this a normal phase and will pass ? Have you had similar experiences ? Thank you very much. Sorry for my English

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Giulio Bevilacqua  Ehh. . . just do whatever you think feels right and see what sticks. Confusion is usually where the hero's journey /  Life Purpose journey begins.


Always Be Hardcore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you done the Life Purpose Course?


Everything is an assumption.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Giulio Bevilacqua said:

I've reached a point of total confusion, I really don't know what to do in my life. 

All this spirituality has brought a lot of confusion.

At the moment nothing matters, only my inner journey. I have to come to make a decision about how to move forward . At the moment I do not have a social occupation

I often have this idea to leave everything and live somewhere in nature or in a monastery, but I also doubt this . I do not have more this feeling where I can say "this is what I must do now" everything looks flat, empty without colours . 

I told my parents that in September I would start a Percussion Music school, I have great skills in it, but I feel it is a forced decision, only just to do something and try to see how the situation would change.

If I where alone without parents, I would know what to do, just trusting this not knowing and wait what happens .

It's a total block.  The spiritual journey is going quite good ,  I feel lot of moments where I'm totally empty, maybe this creates some turmoil in the external life.

Is this a normal phase and will pass ? Have you had similar experiences ? Thank you very much. Sorry for my English

 

What do you mean about you reaching total confusion? Your still able to type, so that shows me your confusion is temporary and not that insane.

You mentioned you're completely lost in life. What do you mean? You don't know what your past is like? You don't know where you are currently? You don't know where you want to be in the future? You don't know what you even like and dislike? Realize your situation is temporary and this is only a limiting belief you're telling yourself.

What spirituality are you learning? Leo's? Mooji's? Gurus in YouTube? Where are you learning spirituality from? How often?

Holy shit! You don't even have a social occupation? Maybe take more action and research where you want to go in the future.

It seems like you're in your teens/20s. You have more time and energy you need to go forward.

Okey! You like music and have some skills. What else do you like and maybe have skills in? Be as clear and list alot, because this information is useful for you deciding to go forward.

Don't think so simplistically! You think being completely isolated from your parents is enough to deliver your new shiny  life on your lap? No! Go contemplate your life purpose, research and take action. Your shooting yourself in the foot with this kind of thinking!

My final advice is this: take a break from spirituality and go out in the real world! This bullshit you're telling yourself is going to bit you in the ass later in life that no amount of "emptiness" is gonna make it any less painful. Now stop getting lost in life and start re-integrating to life!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, Danioover9000 said:

What do you mean about you reaching total confusion? Your still able to type, so that shows me your confusion is temporary and not that insane.

You mentioned you're completely lost in life. What do you mean? You don't know what your past is like? You don't know where you are currently? You don't know where you want to be in the future? You don't know what you even like and dislike? Realize your situation is temporary and this is only a limiting belief you're telling yourself.

What spirituality are you learning? Leo's? Mooji's? Gurus in YouTube? Where are you learning spirituality from? How often?

Holy shit! You don't even have a social occupation? Maybe take more action and research where you want to go in the future.

It seems like you're in your teens/20s. You have more time and energy you need to go forward.

Okey! You like music and have some skills. What else do you like and maybe have skills in? Be as clear and list alot, because this information is useful for you deciding to go forward.

Don't think so simplistically! You think being completely isolated from your parents is enough to deliver your new shiny  life on your lap? No! Go contemplate your life purpose, research and take action. Your shooting yourself in the foot with this kind of thinking!

My final advice is this: take a break from spirituality and go out in the real world! This bullshit you're telling yourself is going to bit you in the ass later in life that no amount of "emptiness" is gonna make it any less painful. Now stop getting lost in life and start re-integrating to life!

Yes , the situation is temporary, that makes me feel more grounded.

My spiritual journey consist in witnessing, it has done a lot . Also doing nothing technique. I have taken lot of things from osho, sadhguru and eckhart tolle .

I feel lost because I can not feel what I have to do , it"s a not knowing , not knowing what action to take , everything that comes in my mind is forced just to escape the confusion.

The areas in which I would like to step in are Tai chi, Yoga in India in sadhgurus ashram and music. 

I have a band, but it is very ego oriented, so I do not even know if I have to leave them .

My main  occupation in this time is spirituality, and this brought to a huge lack of interest in external things.

Edited by Giulio Bevilacqua
Error

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Extreme Z7 said:

@Giulio Bevilacqua  Ehh. . . just do whatever you think feels right and see what sticks. Confusion is usually where the hero's journey /  Life Purpose journey begins.

I feel to do nothing and wait , but this feeling is in me quite long .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had that too until I found what I really enjoy doing and can monetize. Now I'm 26.

You have to find your Ikigai (Japanese concept, Google it!).

In order to find it you gotta try stuff. Strategically try things out that you sense could be your Ikigai.

Go travel, do internships, different jobs, talk to interesting people, go to events that excite you, move to a new place... Whatever you think could help broaden your perspective.

But don't be a fool, be strategic about it:

Try - Evaluate - Learn - Iterate - Repeat. That's the key.

And then let things organically unfold from there.

At least that is basically what worked for me.


Hard times create strong men. 
Strong men create good times. 
Good times create weak men.
Weak men create hard times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Shiva said:

I had that too until I found what I really enjoy doing and can monetize. Now I'm 26.

You have to find your Ikigai (Japanese concept, Google it!).

In order to find it you gotta try stuff. Strategically try things out that you sense could be your Ikigai.

Go travel, do internships, different jobs, talk to interesting people, go to events that excite you, move to a new place... Whatever you think could help broaden your perspective.

But don't be a fool, be strategic about it:

Try - Evaluate - Learn - Iterate - Repeat. That's the key.

And then let things organically unfold from there.

At least that is basically what worked for me.

Yes sometimes it is just a question of time and patience . Thank you for your attention

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now