Aakash

does the collapse of duality bypass ego

10 posts in this topic

Why did leo say that even enlightened people still have shadow problems. Like for example young enlightened people wanting to change the world. 

Ego is a collection of mini sub egos that are linked to attachment and identity. To completely dissolve individual sub egos requires specific work on each of them. I initially thought that becoming enlightened would automatically dissolve them but it seems more like a bypass because you see them all as illusions. 

So what is the actual reason. 

Its similar to how wintersolider always says one should use psychoanalysis combined with spiritual practice as a seeker. This would be the letting go of mini sub set egos, until it becomes easier to focus the mind and surrender. 

@Aakash enlightenment doesn't fix the ego's egoic problems or lack of.    When you are the Absolute you are no longer the ego - the ego is dead.

It will make the ego more conscious overall on rebirth though.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Aakash well in a sense since is  everything is One you as God can fix yourself - but it is not as pure Being although your consciousness levels do increase.

In the end only the ego can change the ego - but isn't what's "wrong" or not "wrong" with the ego relative?

Therefore the ego is completely relative to its own perspective so it will only change what it deems necessary for it's own survival.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Isn't enlightenment more about calming the reckless need for survival? Once you stop identifying with the ego, you will naturally stop this game of survival, security and comfort no matter the cost of others and the environment.

The thoughts will still be popping out of nowhere and you can still entertain yourself with saving the world, playing a video game and looking at ducks in the park

@aidenhall yes - you can call that non-dual awareness or a shift in consciousness.  You develop that after many awakenings in which you also have awareness that is not the ego but is God.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

6 hours ago, Aakash said:

Why did leo say that even enlightened people still have shadow problems. Like for example young enlightened people wanting to change the world. 

Ego is a collection of mini sub egos that are linked to attachment and identity. To completely dissolve individual sub egos requires specific work on each of them. I initially thought that becoming enlightened would automatically dissolve them but it seems more like a bypass because you see them all as illusions. 

So what is the actual reason. 

Its similar to how wintersolider always says one should use psychoanalysis combined with spiritual practice as a seeker. This would be the letting go of mini sub set egos, until it becomes easier to focus the mind and surrender. 

Lol wintersoldier. You can call me captain America. 

Well for starters duality appears to collapse in some awakening moments but ultimately it’s not even duality to begin with. It’s like the question how come the man in the mirror doesn’t talk back to me when I ask a question. Well it’s not actually a man in the mirror to begin with it just appears to be. 

Similar to your next question it’s kinda built on a false premise to begin with. But yes it remains for most. 

Edited by Mu_