Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
traveler

Are people with another approach than non duality talking nonsense or truth?

13 posts in this topic

I've been watching some of the more "modern" (i don't know what to call them) spiritual channels on youtube lately. Their messages are reassuring and gives a kind of feel good hopeful feeling. But I'm unsure if what they preach is really something they know and if it is true, or if it's just coming from another belief system.

Some of the things they say is not what is normally expressed in non duality. For an example in this video:

He talks about the ego and the avatar, the illusory 3D world most human being are living in. This is kinda close to the non dual way of seeing, but then he says that "we" are eternal spiritual "beings" who forgot who we are. This is an occuring pattern of expression in many of these kind of videos, not only his. I'm wondering if there could be some truth to this or if it's just another beautiful story. Could we be eternal spiritual "beingS" and still be coming from the same source? Like god divided into innumerable eternal individual beings?

There is also a lot of talk about aliens being in our mist for the last many hundred years, looking over us and planning to take over our world. The theory (fact in some eyes) is that we are heavely mentally manipulated to be in a state of confusion and chaos, so these E.T's can take over our world without us even noticing. There is obviously something sketchy going on. Chemtrails, addiction to technology and social media, shitty food, corrupt politics and news and the list goes on. A lot of things that gets the collective consciousness in a low vibration. There are people preaching and reaching out to wake up humanity from this sleep and we can notice the intervention taking place. People like Marshall Summers and David icke. I believe there is truth to some this. But again these people are talking about an individual responsibility and purpose, and are not really talking about the same kind of freedom that typical non dualists are talking about. Some of the things Marshall Summers has written in his books are really new, and kiiiind of contradictory to the non dual approach. for an example: he talks about a big community of races competing in our local universe, and freedom is rare as if it's something you have to fight others to get. A lot of seperation talk basically.

Share your thoughts on this, I am interested.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All those races, dimensions, evolutions, spiritual beings etc are relative perspective. Interesting ways of thinking thoughts, not beyond thoughts.

 


''Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather''

- Bill Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Preetom said:

All those races, dimensions, evolutions, spiritual beings etc are relative perspective. Interesting ways of thinking thoughts, not beyond thoughts.

 

yeah but does that mean we should just ignore it? Isn't that a kind of spiritual bypass. If there are E.T's lurking in our mists planning to take over the world , shouldn't it be looked at more seriously than just doing the conventional non dual reply "It's all in the dream"? People often assume they know, but do they really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, traveler said:

yeah but does that mean we should just ignore it? Isn't that a kind of spiritual bypass. If there are E.T's lurking in our mists planning to take over the world , shouldn't it be looked at more seriously than just doing the conventional non dual reply "It's all in the dream"? People often assume they know, but do they really?

Its not a question of should. Its where one puts one's focus on. And that comes from one's latent tendencies.

One could either pretend to be a human and the whole chabang that goes with it, or one can simply wake up for good.

The waking up party wouldn't be able to entertain these 'dreams' for long. And the evolving party would find the concept of waking up impossible and woo woo.


''Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather''

- Bill Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Preetom said:

Its not a question of should. Its where one puts one's focus on. And that comes from one's latent tendencies.

One could either pretend to be a human and the whole chabang that goes with it, or one can simply wake up for good.

The waking up party wouldn't be able to entertain these 'dreams' for long. And the evolving party would find the concept of waking up impossible and woo woo.

You are still experiencing a human, even if you wake up from the dream. As many non dual teachers say "it's a never ending process, even after you wake up." This means, we can all be coming from the same source, but the relative state is real as long as you experience it and therefore it shouldn't be looked at as something unimportant. Many people are seeking enlightenment, (the ego is seeking it) and it's often coming from a very selfish place.How can you know that this seeking in itself isn't a form of mental manipulation to make you so focused on the path that you ignore everything that is going on in the world?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, traveler said:

You are still experiencing a human, even if you wake up from the dream. As many non dual teachers say "it's a never ending process, even after you wake up." This means, we can all be coming from the same source, but the relative state is real as long as you experience it and therefore it shouldn't be looked at as something unimportant. Many people are seeking enlightenment, (the ego is seeking it) and it's often coming from a very selfish place.How can you know that this seeking in itself isn't a form of mental manipulation to make you so focused on the path that you ignore everything that is going on in the world?

Yes lots of good points here. But its impossible to remark on these issues while being a detached spectator and not being in the mud.

Yes enlightenment has many fancy definitions to many people, and they seek it for various selfish reasons. But when one really understands what this 'enlightenment' thing is down the line, one also understands that no one in hell can 'want' it in right state of mind. Its not something one can want. Like one can't want a bucket of water from a mirage, not after understanding what a mirage is.

But alas, by that point, it is enlightenment that starts chasing you 😂 so your days are numbered either way

And you are right, as long as one 'sees' the relative, one has to take responsibility of that or else the 'relative' consequences will grab one by one's 'relative' balls. And make no mistakes! 'Relative' balls hurt from 'relative' consequences 😂

But that applies only as long as one sees the relative. One doesn't worry about ones dream bank account after one ceases to see that dream again.

Edited by Preetom

''Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather''

- Bill Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Preetom said:

But alas, by that point, it is enlightenment that starts chasing you 😂 so your days are numbered either way

This would indicate that the large amount of people on this forum and seekers in general as lost as the ones who are "not" seeking. A bunch of ego's chasing happiness, just like everyone else. Distracting themselves of the reality right in front of them, grasping onto new, more spiritual beliefs. I've been there myself and I got absolutely nowhere. Disconnecting myself even more than I was before from people. It was only when I distanced myself a bit from this new believe system that I felt somewhat connected again, and had a another big epiphany/awakening. We are all watching this charade from our own little ego bubble, unaware of how disconnected we are . I was at work outside and the trance lifted it's veil. I looked up and saw a chemtrail, and I had this feeling/sixth sense that the normal human consciousness is being manipulated by very advanced means to be in a state of disconnectedness and uncertainty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You are God. God is eternal infinite consciousness.

So what is the issue here?


"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are God. God is eternal infinite consciousness.

So what is the issue here?

How can I become conscious of God?

How can I be sure that psychedelics are not delusional?


"Due to circumstances beyond my control, I am master of my fate and captain of my soul." - Ashleigh Brilliant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Don said:

How can I become conscious of God?

How can I be sure that psychedelics are not delusional?

How can you know this state here right now without psychedelics is not delusional?

From what position do you judge that "absolutely"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@The Don You have been told countless techniques.


"Be melting snow. Wash yourself of yourself." -- Rumi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

You are God. God is eternal infinite consciousness.

So what is the issue here?

Is that your day to day experience? This is it you might say, this experience right here right now is it. That is true.

The dream is very real while your in it, and it has infinitely more to it than what is seen. What if your purpose in this body , as a human form isn't just to gain total liberation and ascend all problems in the world? It likely is the highest purpose, but that still doesn't mean that you ignore problems because you are above them. The normal human consciousness is (likely) manipulated by beings outside of our current state of being, by more evolved species that are also driven by their ego, but are much more advanced. If you do some research there are pretty strong proof of this. This is not seen as a problem from the highest place of being, but relatively if this was the case it would have very negative consequences for the collective consciousness of the human race. I think we are too quick to make conclusions about reality based on a couple of experiences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What you heard was a tale, what you have seen and known was a dream. - Death

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0