Tom T

Technique That can increase your wisdom by 10% if done daily.

5 posts in this topic

this is a practice I learned of Sadhguru and its called the death bed practice. 

basically what you do is before you go to bed you sit on your bed and think that this is your death bed. you think to your self that you literally have 5 or 10 minutes to live and you look back and ask yourself "what have I done today that is worthwhile"? the way I have handled the past 24 hours was it worth while? because now I am dying !!! and then after you have done that you lye down for bed and you patend that you are passing away to death as you sleep. and when you do this you wake up the next day and your whole mission of the day is to basically not go to bed with regrets !!!

and that's the whole technique and I belive that if you did this everyday of your life you would be much wiser and youd live a much more worthwhile life with not many regrets. 

I have been using the technique personally for 7 days and its already increased my wisdom by quite abit as I have

• I realized that I don't have enough laughter in my life. im so busy working on my life that I have no time for laughter and that has to change !   so i have create a 10 minute a day laughing habit which I learned off osho. it sounds strange but after you laugh for a long time you start naturally laughing for real at yourself trying to laugh and its definitely worth it life should be filled with more laughter I believe !!!
  • I was dating a girl who I really liked recently but she wasn't interested in me and I was really gutted and attatched but now after doing this technique I am way above this problem and  I feel like my neediness has decreased significantly
  • i take my mum for granted less and less and less. i am really able to be present with her and attune to her more when im with her rather than just be lost in my head while spending time with her which is what i usually do. 
  • when my brother is acting up and being annoying I can keep my cool and love him unconditionally while not let my self survival agenda get in the way.
  • i have realized that i need to be more internally vulnerable so i can fully experience the human experience more and that i need to embrace my insecurities and vulnerabilities more !!!

and many other things and that all just after 7 days !!!!

id totally recommend this technique to everyone and see how it goes I think its a really cool technique :)

Edited by Tom T

@Tom T I also take the laugh meditation from Osho. Can be pretty effective.

Thank you for this, will try this out now as I'm about to go to bed :)

Thank u for a great post. I used to do laughing meditation, it was really good, now have to start practice again.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi