Tom T

What is the distinction between ego and personality?

7 posts in this topic

what is the difference between ego and personality? I have heard in places that these are separate thing but im not to sure how or why. please share your insights if you think you might know the answer to this, thankyou :) 

The ego 'has' a personality and tries to manipulate it to fulfill some goal.
If you are able to perceive your personality, judge it, and influence it, then you are an ego.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

The "ego" which everyone is talking about is a personality, a YOU which the mind creates. The mind itself is the whole ego (you will need a direct self-deception experience to understand the separation between the ego and the mind, then you understand which is what).

Mahadev

Oh man this is gonna be good. Prepare to be confused. Everyone has their own idea and opinion of what they call ego, see as ego inside themselves and call as ego as they see in others. 

Some will overlap, some won’t some will conflict another.  This is true if you asked about absolute, enlightenment or any other subject.

If you want to explore deeply what I’m saying prepare for some interesting what the fucks inside yourself and in regards to human life as a whole. 

You may go a little mad and then you may laugh a sigh of relief like you never knew was possible. 

@Tom T Personality is the story - Person or the ego is the hero of the story.

I am the body my name is so and so my educational qual is so etc etc

Ego is the invisible I thought or mechanism - supposedly it points to the idea - I am the body.which the mind uses upon to make the body to act.

Personality is matter of memory.Ego is not part of the memory.

Sense of seperatedness or i feeling or me feeling is the identity.Its the identity that vanishes.

Enlightened or not the ego mechanism functions the same.

thankyou for the replys everyone !!! tis muchy appreciated :)