Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadowraix

The trickiness of Projection

23 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura I need to cure people of their problems because i dont want to cure my own?

@Shadowraix

It's funny! The word "projection" is being so misused on here. It's when you see someone using it, you can easily see that they're probably doing it.

In psychology, however: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

The word "projection" is used here on the forum to make whatever you say look naive and aggressive. Even though you could probably be right and the things you say are not projections at all.

Edited by Truth Addict

It's crazy how the ego projects as on autopilot...one has to catch himself doing it and then stop.  As in going meta on it.  

Great example  was i was always short growing up and developed a complex over it.  Everyone i would encounter i would project my complex onto them in such a way that i immediately assumed they were thinking about my height just because i was thinking about it.  I was projecting my own thoughts on them when in fact i had no idea what was in that person's mind. 

BTW i have since caught up so no short jokes.  You might trigger it again.  Damn it i have exposed my weakness! :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.