winterknight

Why psychoanalysis for seekers?

9 posts in this topic

Good video and worth anyone's time whos interested in a more positive and fulfilling life.  However I want to bring into question something that confused me in the past and still is strange in speaking to others about which you kinda bring to light in your last two video's (and I've had difficulty at times communicating at times as well).  Your first video leaves the impression there is no one there, you didn't say choice, but I feel like you've made reference to no choosing, no self before in your dialect choices (maybe this has been my misinterpretation) in the past, as well as Ramana Maharshi doing the same and many Hindu/Buddhists/Nondualists.  And then in this video it appears your talking to someone whos to make a choice to go try therapy for the benefit of removing illusion and suffering (which again I think is a important aspect of waking up).  So how do you rectify or accept this apparent paradox within yourself and when others ask you.  Just curious.

12 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Good video and worth anyone's time whos interested in a more positive and fulfilling life.  However I want to bring into question something that confused me in the past and still is strange in speaking to others about which you kinda bring to light in your last two video's (and I've had difficulty at times communicating at times as well).  Your first video leaves the impression there is no one there, you didn't say choice, but I feel like you've made reference to no choosing, no self before in your dialect choices (maybe this has been my misinterpretation) in the past, as well as Ramana Maharshi doing the same and many Hindu/Buddhists/Nondualists.  And then in this video it appears your talking to someone whos to make a choice to go try therapy for the benefit of removing illusion and suffering (which again I think is a important aspect of waking up).  So how do you rectify or accept this apparent paradox within yourself and when others ask you.  Just curious.

Yes, it's a good point. The truth is that spirituality is full of these paradoxes, and necessarily so, because only through paradox can the mind reach its own boundary.

For the seeker, they have to treat themselves as appearing and deciding, as provisionally real and actively exerting effort to seek -- but this effort goes towards trying to contemplate the meaning of the great spiritual statements to the effect that no effort is required, no seeker exists, there's no one who decides, etc.

If in fact no seeker exists, then there is no question of deciding not to go get therapy, for example. Deciding not to go seek therapy because "I don't exist," is itself the decision of the person that supposedly doesn't exist. So can one decide not to decide? No, one cannot. So as long as one is seeking, one decides, even as one tries to contemplate what it means to say that one is not actually not deciding.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@Mu_ yesterday one person uttered disrespectful comments and I gave him back.When I said this my dad you shouldnt have done that he is acting in ignorance.I said so I am,How I am not supposed to react when I myself is in ignorance and these so called spiritualists are so irritating in asking me to behave in a way as if I am self realised when I am not ???.

The point is ego,mind will be there as long as a body is there.

The treatment is for the ego,mind,personality  though they are appearences in conciousness.

Absence of identity or sense of seperate person is not absence of ego or personality or the mind.

Emotional mastery or maturity of complete inner transformation of the mind,personality has to happen and the mind or ego or personality should be free all impurities lust,anger,hatred,jelousy,desires etc.

The mind itself should become pure like the Self.

Just non identification with thoughts or knowing they are not me is not enough but the very impure thoughts should be seen what they and should be completely eradicated or burnt once for all.

Hence psycoanalysis or any form of purification is a must pre or post realisation.

Traditionaly from the begining purification of mind is emphasized.

The ego-mind is not an illusion but not permanant or real like the Self but yet they are real till body is alive.

The identity is an illusion or maya.

I dont take the absolute truths like nothing exists world doesnt exist Self alone exists etc though they are truths from absolute stand stand point is not practically useful for life as long as body mind exists.

So one has to follow the relative truths of life world where the body mind lives and act accordingly.

This is my practical understanding of Advaitha as of now.

@winterknight

Please free feel correct my understanding.

???

Would love to do psychoanalysis, but where I am it is incredibly expensive, no way I can afford it.

Plus, there's always a trust issue that arises for me, what if the therapist isn't good to begin with? How can I know?

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

4 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

Would love to do psychoanalysis, but where I am it is incredibly expensive, no way I can afford it.

Plus, there's always a trust issue that arises for me, what if the therapist isn't good to begin with? How can I know?

Sounds like someone that doesn’t trust themselves :ph34r:

15 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

It's true, in some places it can be difficult to access... I don't have an easy solution to that, though I'll give it some thought. 

As far whether the therapist is good, that's why I advise people to go find an accredited psychoanalytic institute near them  and to ask them for a referral. That is some measure of quality. When you have a session, within a session or two you should feel like you're getting something out of the process. And if you have other issues, bring them up with the therapist and see how they respond. That will tell you a lot.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Is it possible to do psychoanalysis over the internet? Like in a skype session? I see this could be really convenient in terms of saving time

1 hour ago, Rinne said:

Is it possible to do psychoanalysis over the internet? Like in a skype session? I see this could be really convenient in terms of saving time

It would not be nearly as good as in-person, but it would be better than nothing. The problem is that it seems to be very rare.