Knock

I don’t understand Pick-up culture and find it disingenuous

67 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, flowboy said:

And what's your progress on that so far?

I ask because you seem to have not emptied your cup.

Very good question, I was thinking about the same thing earlier today.

Although I may come across resistant, my perspective has definitely widened thanks to this conversation. I especially now understand the drive of why people get into pick-up, and how it may be necessary growth for some as they learn to find themselves. I have also come to realise why pick-up is so masculine intensive, as many boy's have not matured their masculinity throughout childhood, and pick-up is just one of many paths to do so. 

I see it like a pendulum swing. For those who have been holding themselves back for a long time, a long swing may be necessary. Eventually in time, they will find an appropriate middle ground. Until then, we must be understanding and compassionate for where they are in their growth.

On 6/3/2019 at 3:50 AM, Knock said:

@Key Elements @flowboy I go out to clubs because I love the music and atmosphere. It is not true (for me at least) that I am there for the attention, or wanting to be involved in any game. I think it is the unfortunate fact for music lovers (of EDM) that pick-up is infused with clubbing. Acknowledging that is the case, I am seeking to understand pick-up culture more with these posts.

Ok. Good luck. Like I said in this thread, it's your choice. I understand your love for music. I have passions too, in art, so I could understand. However, do be careful. Anything based on strong labels is shallow and will eventually leave you disappointed. It puts you into a box. Even when you're trying to make money in entrepreneurship, even when it's a typical stage orange business (startup), they say to, "think outside of the box." You won't understand business (startup) at first when it's explained to you. Language is labels. And now... you're talking about relationships, which is not as straight forward as a business. I hope you and your gf don't meet the wrong ppl and have them impact your lives in negative ways.

whatever happens to them, they deserve it. If I got tricked by someone, I never blame them. I blame myself for falling in the trap 

29 minutes ago, Yasser said:

whatever happens to them, they deserve it. If I got tricked by someone, I never blame them. I blame myself for falling in the trap 

What the heck lol. The reality is there is no blame anywhere. If you really understand this, and you have any hint of compassion, you would do that which is least harmful to others.

"whatever happens to them, they deserve it" is a nasty mindset. It's very easily corrupted.

A more conscious mindset is "whatever happens happens."

"Deserve" is a very egoic term in general.

It's Love.