Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
7thLetter

Corrective attitude towards others - Does it actually help?

24 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Do you see that you're taking a corrective attitude towards others with this post?

@Joseph Maynor So what is your point in telling me that? Yes I can see it, and I even admit that I fall into this trap quite a bit. Did you also notice that I have a question mark in my display picture?

I'm asking a question and looking for an answer, not criticizing a behavior for no reason. If anything, I feel that you're using this corrective behavior towards me right now with that post. Although, you somewhat did answer my question near the end of the paragraph.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

7 hours ago, Shiva said:

It comes down to how good you are at giving and receiving criticism. These are skills that can be mastered really.

@Shiva True. For me personally I tend to be quite blunt so people probably take offense to my criticisms. I try not to be so blunt, but I think it has something to do with my myers-briggs personality type.

@ajasatya I swear you weren't a mod before? Congrats!

@ThermalTide Yeah I've definitely worked at places with good management, and bad management. You can clearly see the differences. The company I've worked for with good management skills was ranked the Top 50 best managed companies in Canada, and they seemed to be laid-back, they trust their employees to do the job well, and they don't micro-mange all the time. Bad management is just the complete opposite of what I said. Although I mean the corrective attitude could help though, depending on how you take that approach.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@Shiva INTP. I’ve read that they tend to be quite blunt.

I'm all in for a direct, brutally honest discussion beyond game & manipulation. 

Or else...it's time wasting~