Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jamesc

Wouldn't enlightenment mean to experience nothing as in you cease to exist?

6 posts in this topic

Generally when I hear people speak of others who may be enlightened I assume those that are have only completed the embodiment of the limited physical duties their bodies/minds demand of them, meaning they freely ponder without struggle (not suffering) the beauty, the laws, the wholeness of non duality. To actually go no further and live as God, you might forever cease to exist, the end. Experience over. What do you think?

@Jamesc What you describe is often referred to as Nirvana or extinction. The end to the one who is doing the experiencing.

Enlightenment is simply regaining the full optimum potention of the body\mind. 

The dormant uses less than 10% of his faculties. The awakened uses way more of what it is. 

Even enlightenment nowadays is misuderstood by the tripping egos who got stuck in 'bliss' lol.

So yeah, we are born awakened and we discover it again.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Jamesc None of your ideas of it are it.

Whatever you imagine it to be, it isn't that for sure.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@cetus56 The term is actually PariNirvana (extinction without remainder) , which happens after the death of the body, as distinct from Nirvana, which is extinction but while still living with the experience of being a body.

@Maya_0  I misread the OP's question. I now see he is referring to after the death of the body. You would be correct in that case. Thanks