Natasha

Longevity Is In Your Gut - New Studies and Theory

54 posts in this topic

@Shiva I mostly agree this is true if the goal is a scientific understanding, breaking down the complex system to understanding its parts. If that is not the goal then there are many more strategy to navigate the chaos, more then one effective learning style, that can yield results. 

In this case and for most soft sciences a mix of "informal" model building methods should be used. 

Im wrestling with myself trying  pick the most relevant method, talking about each one will take to long. Narrowed it down to this for now. 

There are doctors/practitioners who have lived a career of learning and have experimented with clients, slowing refining there models. Aggregating from all of them we can see patterns.

- What is clear we can rule out nearly all medication, least value.

- A mix of good life style habits where a critical factor for curing all issues. Nutrition, sleep, exercise.

- Nutrition styles that produced the best results where low crab, ones aligned with the auto immune protocol diet. Specifically for autoimmune and diabetic patients whos bodys have no tolerance to inflammation. It seems the autoimmune patient is one of the best resources to see what foods causes inflammation/damage/stress in the body and what dont. 

- When the body is in a weakened state the only thing that can be eaten universally is some fish and non-poultry meats.

- Sleep quality is at its best when a high protein meal is eaten as the last meal of the day. High carb negatively impacts sleep. 

- Exercise, everything points to body building for longevity and sleep, when people experience burn out, there bodys cant tolerate high cardio exercises. Causes crashes and interfere with recovery. 

- high fat foods vary depending on liver function and other factors, can struggle to digest, constipation. 

There are more and.. alot more can be gatherer from other methods, these are just some pattern found from one of hundreds of possible streams. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@Shin depends when you workout, if at night, go to bed but if at morning, GET BACK TO WORK!

In my experience, working out gives me more energy throughout the day 

17 minutes ago, Shin said:

I don't want to spam the forum by creating a post just for this so

What is the thing about sleeping just after working out ?
Is it good or should I wait 3/4 hours after a workout to go to sleep ?
I see conflicting opinions on websites/forums about that

Thank you very much

Try them both and see what happends. Do exercising in the morning reduces cortisol, can produce a higher quality day. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

21 minutes ago, Shiva said:

On the one hand, you say nutrition is highly complex and deeply counterintuitive. But then you break it down to this 10-commandment-style list. 

Im not going into the details of human biology this is a general pattern found in highly successful practitioners. Just explained on top before the grand list that this is one stream of data out of thousands of possible methods to pear into this subject. This is a list of patterns found in one stream.

My experience and information differs from several points. That doesn't mean that I'm right and you're wrong. But I've also spend a thought or two on a couple of things and gained some experience. And I have seen people thrive on radically different diets. So, I'd be a bit more nuanced with such absolutist statements like something "can only be this way".

These are patterns... im not saying it can only be this way, im saying its predominantly this way in practice. People on different diets dont do as well on average and even worse long term. 

BTW when my body was in a weakened state I used to eat vegetable broth. I'm still alive though...

People eat mc donalds everyday, there still alive. Highly weakened as in on your death bed with hypertension and seizures. Most just die. 

Edited by integral

@Shiva Agree again with everything said. I can see how these patterns can be flawed, not because there coming from false source, but because patterns are a guide. Just by asking simple what if questions i can see possible ways to break them. 

The diversity could be legitimate, with other factors like genetics, gut bacteria and parasites playing a role in why some people thrive on different diets.

Lets leave it at: try things out and see what works best for you. Listen to your body. 

Edited by integral

1 hour ago, integral said:

Lets leave it at: try things out and see what works best for you. Listen to your body. 

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Sounds good to me :) Maybe that's the best we can do sometimes in this mess of overinformation.

I agree. As far as one's health goes, you got to do what works best for you considering your level of awareness :)

14 hours ago, Shin said:

I don't want to spam the forum by creating a post just for this so

What is the thing about sleeping just after working out ?
Is it good or should I wait 3/4 hours after a workout to go to sleep ?
I see conflicting opinions on websites/forums about that

Thank you very much

Nothing wrong with it as long you actually CAN fall asleep :D Your body will be flooded with adrenaline and cortisol after a physical exercise and your nervous system excessively stimulated, which may make it a bit difficult to fall asleep. That's why they say not to exercise 2 hours prior to your bedtime, but this is very much individual. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

1 minute ago, Michael569 said:

Nothing wrong with it as long you actually CAN fall asleep :D Your body will be flooded with adrenaline and cortisol after a physical exercise and your nervous system excessively stimulated, which may make it a bit difficult to fall asleep. That's why they say not to exercise 2 hours prior to your bedtime, but this is very much individual. 

Yeah well I'm going to do it n the morning from now on

I don't want to have to count when I can go to sleep

I'm not a grandma yet B|

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

On 01/06/2019 at 9:24 PM, Moreira said:

Why lowering cholesterol would be a good thing?

There are two types of cholesterol High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) and Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL)...actually there is several more such as VLDL but those are usually not as crucial. I know you will probably say something in terms of "research is crap, it is paid and hence it makes no sense" but some of the major observational studied, epidemiological studies (on massive groups over decades) as well as cohort studies (looking forward at a certain group without interfering too much) show that elevated LDL constantly leads to higher risk of heart disease (number 1 killer of humans in the world) and metabolic syndrome (a pre-heart disease pre-diabetes state). 

I am NOT saying that cholesterol is bad. In fact I think we need some in our diet to support production of steroid hormones...which is challenging my current lifestyle but the problem is excessive cholesterol (above 600mg a day) , the problem is oxidised cholesterol (such as when you fry or roast) that acts as free radical and damages your vascular cells. And te average human being constatly overeats on cholesterl and saturated fats, both of which have been altered, oxidises and turned rancid. This is when lowering is a good idea. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

On 3/6/2019 at 10:26 AM, Michael569 said:

There are two types of cholesterol High Density Lipoprotein (HDL) and Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL)...actually there is several more such as VLDL but those are usually not as crucial. I know you will probably say something in terms of "research is crap, it is paid and hence it makes no sense" but some of the major observational studied, epidemiological studies (on massive groups over decades) as well as cohort studies (looking forward at a certain group without interfering too much) show that elevated LDL constantly leads to higher risk of heart disease (number 1 killer of humans in the world) and metabolic syndrome (a pre-heart disease pre-diabetes state). 

I am NOT saying that cholesterol is bad. In fact I think we need some in our diet to support production of steroid hormones...which is challenging my current lifestyle but the problem is excessive cholesterol (above 600mg a day) , the problem is oxidised cholesterol (such as when you fry or roast) that acts as free radical and damages your vascular cells. And te average human being constatly overeats on cholesterl and saturated fats, both of which have been altered, oxidises and turned rancid. This is when lowering is a good idea. 

I know that. It appears to be high ldl in heart dieseases, but why people point it as the cause? A alien can come to the earth, go to a hospital and observe doctors and ill people. By observation he come to the conclusion that doctors make people sick.

The same has happened to Ldl. Intended as patching and healing the blood vessels. The problem is the hardening of arteries, not caused by cholesterol...

Edited by Moreira

12 hours ago, Moreira said:

By observation he come to the conclusion that doctors make people sick.

Here we get into realm of infectious disease, antibiotics and global Pharmacological industry which is a topic of its own but I couldn't agree more. 

17 hours ago, Moreira said:

By observation he come to the conclusion that doctors make people sick.

They would keep you in a state somewhere in between healthy and dead, so you keep coming back to give them more business. They are Big Pharma-Big Food minions. I don't know how some people can sleep at night knowing they're compromising their oath not to cause harm to others to gain financially. That's just aweful.

It's not just Longevity, its also general health! The gut has a yuuge impact on brain development since a large part of brain chemicals such as serotonin are produced in the gut.

It seems that no one has shared this, but there is actually a Gut and Psychology diet made by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride. She touts that it can help individuals recover from various ailments such as autism, dyspraxia, ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, depression, and schizophrenia <-- which she claims is developed from a poor gut.

http://www.gapsdiet.com

32 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

It's not just Longevity, its also general health! The gut has a yuuge impact on brain development since a large part of brain chemicals such as serotonin are produced in the gut.

It seems that no one has shared this, but there is actually a Gut and Psychology diet made by Dr. Natasha Campbell-McBride. She touts that it can help individuals recover from various ailments such as autism, dyspraxia, ADD, ADHD, Dyslexia, depression, and schizophrenia <-- which she claims is developed from a poor gut.

http://www.gapsdiet.com

I believe it. Never heard of Dr. Natasha, but will definitely check her work out :)