Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadowraix

Can spiritual growth just happen 'naturally'

18 posts in this topic

I don't do practices as much as I should but I do a lot of contemplation and various substances has given me amazing insights. 

Ive taken a long break from most substances until I hear its call again. But yet I notice with my lack of practice I still notice change in myself. Calmer. Things are taken less personally, understanding is increased. I eat healthier. If I lay down and just be whether it's in silence or in music I experience a variety of effects and I  feel more connected with everything. 

I am noticing growth in myself that is occurring as I live. With so much emphasis on practice it almost seems odd. I know my awareness is much higher now I get lost in the mind way less and I wonder if the increased awareness is the drive of growth. 

@Shadowraix yes we gain consciousness as we grow whether enlightened or not.  Experience leads to wisdom.

I noticed since i have been spending a lot more time here talking about the mystical nature of reality that i am actually becoming more aligned to have another experience.  Can feel my chakras open up.  I think it is my deep love that i feel to help Leo teach this stuff.  It seems many have not watched all his metaphysical episodes.  

So yeah I know i grew a lot on my own the last 20 years without spirituality.  But now combining this with practices and or substances i think really takes you to the next level because with mystical experiences you are tapping into Infinite intelligence and Infinite Love.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Love your reply. I definitely can see how that plays out. I'm only 20 myself and when I look back in the past 5 years even past 1 year there has been nothing but radical change. And my spiritual 'awakening' 2 years ago has been the fore front of changing how I interact with the world. Leo has given me the understanding to my mind shattering experiences. 

Ultimately, everything is spiritual growth but free will of the unconditionally loving nature of creation allows you to do and believe otherwise, if you choose. Thus Enlightenment is Ultimately Inevitable, although, having an Enlightened Awareness is, on the other hand entirely up to you.

Follow your truth, your inner calling. Its not about what others or anyone else is doing, its what feels most authentic to you that will propel you to your truest self(so to speak).

Namaste

B R E A T H E

It's a paradox. It does happen naturally, life wants to awaken you, but you are also life. I know the framework from Leo's videos, the "programming" I did with Eckhart Tolle and other spiritual teachers and my desire for the truth, and help from people here on this forum were instrumental. But when I consider that I did no real consistent meditation practice, no psychedelics or drugs, no retreats, it's hard to understand how I got this far if life didn't want me to awaken for some much bigger reason than my own. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Little late to reply back to this, but thanks for the replies guys.

On 5/13/2019 at 4:48 AM, mandyjw said:

It's a paradox. It does happen naturally, life wants to awaken you, but you are also life. I know the framework from Leo's videos, the "programming" I did with Eckhart Tolle and other spiritual teachers and my desire for the truth, and help from people here on this forum were instrumental. But when I consider that I did no real consistent meditation practice, no psychedelics or drugs, no retreats, it's hard to understand how I got this far if life didn't want me to awaken for some much bigger reason than my own. 

Well said :)

Ironically practice can get in the way of spirituality in the same way that religious church rituals do.

Yet at the same time, without serious practice you will not get very far.

That's what makes this work so tricky. It's a catch-22.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Interesting point. Sounds like another find balance deals.

A very intense psychedelic trip was the catalyst to all of this. Do you think very profound experiences can take years to fully integrate or understand? There were so many insights I don't think I am even close to fully embodying it all.

Its truly humbling.

@Shadowraix Yes, my first deepest 5-MeO breakthrough to God took over a year to integrate.

It was traumatically profound. No words can do it justice.

@Leo Gura  may i ask you a question 

how do you accept your friends viewpoints, knowing that they are wrong. i've said a few things to my parents and its like talking to a brick wall, not that i expect any less ofcourse. but i'm starting to build up this energetic feeling that by the power of grace, everybody in the world finds out enlightenment is an actual thing and i can then point to my parents and say i fucking told you so! this is what i meant the whole time! even imagining the situation is giving me joy beyond belief as opposed to them thinking that i've personally been brainwashed and without logic, blindly accepting what others say like the fact i am god etc.. 

like its obvious that you probably don't talk to them about how you see reality (those that don't know) not like fucking ralston lol, my real question is how do you tolerate what they say and be bothered to reply with an answer that you may know not to be true

@Aakash Deeply observe the mechanism thats getting emotional about it.

Let it go and surrender.

Ignorance is a part of the big picture just like how you were probably once as ignorant and how we all are to some degree.

@Shadowraix i get that really! but its like i can't just let go and keep my view, i have to let go of the viewpoint completely and adopt the opposite view( their view) its like my system rejects it completely 

2 hours ago, Aakash said:

@Leo Gura  may i ask you a question 

how do you accept your friends viewpoints, knowing that they are wrong. i've said a few things to my parents and its like talking to a brick wall, not that i expect any less ofcourse. but i'm starting to build up this energetic feeling that by the power of grace, everybody in the world finds out enlightenment is an actual thing and i can then point to my parents and say i fucking told you so! this is what i meant the whole time! even imagining the situation is giving me joy beyond belief as opposed to them thinking that i've personally been brainwashed and without logic, blindly accepting what others say like the fact i am god etc.. 

like its obvious that you probably don't talk to them about how you see reality (those that don't know) not like fucking ralston lol, my real question is how do you tolerate what they say and be bothered to reply with an answer that you may know not to be true

I mostly keep to myself. I'm not a very social person. I am happy rolling solo most of the time.

A few intimate friends and lovers are no problem. Discussing with them is no problem usually.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Shadowraix Yes, my first deepest 5-MeO breakthrough to God took over a year to integrate.

It was traumatically profound. No words can do it justice.

People keep saying, a year, months to integrate. Is that a common pattern or are awakenings as unique as the person? I don't even know what integration is anymore, now that I'm the universe. How am I supposed to integrate all THAT? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Aakash That's one of the most paradoxical and hardest things about Truth.

You can become totally Liberated, and hold within your grasp this amazing miracle, yet have to keep it all to yourself.   The miracle of all miracles leaves no evidence.

At best it can be shared and discussed only with other open minded people.  Most of the people around you will be close minded so that is why you must keep it to yourself.

But Truth would not be Truth if it were any other way.  It must be so.  And it never fails to amaze you even when you think you've been fully amazed. 

Infinity is a hell of a thing.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@mandyjw it is a lot to digest.  It is unique to the person.  To hear it here from us is one thing...but to know it..to really know it where it is laid bare before your eyes as Actual - that is something to behold.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Accepting and making sense of it took a long time. It's too amazing to believe. You see it and then you wonder: did I really see that? Couldn't be because it's too good to be true. And yet you know it's absolutely true.

There are so many years of beliefs that things around me are mundane, that things that happen aren't meant for "me" but someone else, or randomly or by accident, that other people somehow water down the magic of everything. Something I heard in an Abraham Hicks recording changed my belief which shortly became reality. She told a story about a little girl who was watching the big finale parade at Disney Magic Kingdom, and she just stood there with her arms crossed and a big frown on her face.  Her mother tried to make her enjoy it, "This is all for you you know, all of it." she said.

"No, it's not! It's for all these people." The little girl replied. And Abraham Hicks said that was our problem, we don't believe in magic, we don't believe that all of this is happening for us. We think that other people dilute our joy and our experience instead of enhancing it. 

Then when you open yourself up to magic, you fall in love with it, you believe it and amazing coincidences happen, and the world turns into a fairytale, a scavenger hunt of knowledge, clues and symbols. Everything suddenly is happening FOR you, every teaching you come across has a message just for you. But then, there's everyday life too. And there are those same people playing out the same patterns, but they are YOU too!

It's maddening. That's what meditation is for. God is too kind to bestow this kind of crazy on someone who doesn't know where the off switch to his mind is. 

I sometimes feel like God misjudged me and made a mistake with me though. My off switch is a bit faulty. 

Edited by mandyjw