DrewNows

Love doesn't exist

18 posts in this topic

Just finished watching this video and a lot of memories arose. When i was growing up i was never sure if love was actually real. Based on my experiences and how i was raised, true love was a huge myth. It seemed as if all "love" was selfish and had strings attached and passion was the closest thing i had to define it. 

Few years ago after my first awakening experience, I ended up attracting a very in tune individual into my life. She was already living her life purpose and her mission in life involved helping the helpless, the uneducated, and the repressed. She was a bit older than me but we connected on a level I had never before experienced. She understood true compassion and love. We met through work related interaction but the relationship developed into a friendship almost immediately. As time went on I felt a huge attraction toward her but my inability to trust and accept love became a huge problem. I began questioning her motives. When she would share love with me through various forms, I automatically put up walls, spun stories in my head about her intentions and ultimately created a lot of pain for us both. I ended up blamed her, pushed her away, then disrespected her boundaries. She wouldn't put up with this and our friendship was over. I am glad to be out of her life for I played the dishonest toxic role.

How well do you recognize love?  

@DrewNows Nice video but she didn't clarify how do you distinguish getting love from someone as opposed to someone just being egotistical.

I am all about receiving love but first i need to spot it.

3 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@DrewNows Nice video but she didn't clarify how do you distinguish getting love from someone as opposed to someone just being egotistical.

I am all about receiving love but first i need to spot it.

Figure out what your beliefs are in regards to what love is. For me, I always believed love to be transactional so even when it appeared to be unconditional I couldn't receive it. You get better at receiving love once you start being open and honest about when you are doing things out of love and when they are need-based. She explains it all right near the end of the video 

@DrewNows Nice.

Are you able to understand/distinguish nowadays when someone is doing something out of love for you?

Btw now i am on a mission as to understanding what love is. This video inspired, frightned me & caused my ego to revaluate many things. 

It' very true  what Teal Swan says that most of us don't know what love is & therefore we are not truly capable of loving others.

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD It is actually pretty tricky because people are often caught in their own ideas of what love is and how it "should" look but I have dropped a lot of insecurity and judgement regarding people's intentions. Not only have I gotten better at receiving love from others but mainly receiving it from myself. I am able to give others the benefit of the doubt only when i have no doubt about myself and that seems to work beautifully 

My entire perception of others has changed quite a bit once i was able to see how I was perpetuating the conditions of love in my reality 

@DrewNows

23 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

@SQAAD It is actually pretty tricky because people are often caught in their own ideas of what love is and how it "should" look but I have dropped a lot of insecurity and judgement regarding people's intentions. Not only have I gotten better at receiving love from others but mainly receiving it from myself. I am able to give others the benefit of the doubt only when i have no doubt about myself and that seems to work beautifully 

Yes it is very tricky.

To this day i hold the belief that everything someone does it's because it will make them feel happy first & then the others. For example you might be doing charity work but you do it because first & foremost it will make you happy otherwise you wouldn't do it.

I don't know if this belief is true of false but my minds holds it as a dogma.

I don't  even know if true love is possible from the place of the ego.

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD it’s interesting right. Is it wrong  to do things that make us happy?

On the one hand we can do things simply to avoid pain or suffering, gain security, or become something we think we need to be for happiness

And on the other hand we can do things for joy, out of a place of contentment, peace. For this it’s clear there needs to be self love and feeling whole, but how do we get to this point? 

1 hour ago, DrewNows said:

For this it’s clear there needs to be self love and feeling whole, but how do we get to this point? 

Well you are lucky. Life is a love simulator!

You are already whole, release the resistance that comes up to feel it.

6 hours ago, DrewNows said:

How well do you recognize love?

love is altruist. if you really love someone, you want him/her to be happy even if

• you're not part of his/her life
  • your name won't be known/remembered
  • your face won't be known/remembered
  • your very existence won't be acknowledged at all

love does exist. but you won't be able to fully experience it unless you break through the illusion of separation.

unborn Truth

14 minutes ago, universe said:

Well you are lucky. Life is a love simulator!

You are already whole, release the resistance that comes up to feel it.

How to release inner resistance especially if it is an unconscious belief? 

8 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

love is altruist. if you really love someone, you want him/her to be happy even if

• you're not part of his/her life
  • your name won't be known/remembered
  • your face won't be known/remembered
  • your very existence won't be acknowledged at all

love does exist. but you won't be able to fully experience it unless you break through the illusion of separation.

I would agree but why would anyone believe this is actually possible if all they’ve ever seen is otherwise? 

5 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

I would agree but why would anyone believe this is actually possible if all they’ve ever seen is otherwise?

you should not believe it unless you experience it for yourself.

note: there are VERY FEW true lovers of life on this planet.

unborn Truth

4 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

How to release inner resistance especially if it is an unconscious belief? 

Easy. You bring it into consciousness.

Do this exercise. Ask yourself if you can give yourself love and acceptance.

If yes. Ask yourself if you can give yourself yet a little bit more love and acceptance.

If not. Ask yourself what is stopping you from giving yourself love and acceptance. Feel into it.

Repeat until you are at the point where you cant give yourself more love and acceptance.

There are many techniques to release emotions. One starting book would be the sedona method. You can find more if you just search the internet.

@ajasatya ? mostly children I would imagine ?

@universe cool definitely used this technique before! It becomes more effortless with emotional attunement ??

Just now, DrewNows said:

mostly children I would imagine

no, children are more like ambulant egos. for a child to be cool/happy/content, everything has to be exactly as he/she wants. that's the opposite of Love.

unborn Truth

Learn to recognize love by practicing it yourself. 

3 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Learn to recognize love by practicing it yourself. 

How to practice what one does not know/understand? 

4 hours ago, DrewNows said:

How to practice what one does not know/understand? 

Do you need to understand breathing to practice it? Do animals understand how to hunt or is it just something they just do? 

The problem here is you've built up all of these ideas of love and confuse it. Strip them all away. Get to your roots, the source of love itself. Your understanding will come from awareness and deconstructing yourself.