MM1988

Cant overcome this mental pattern

24 posts in this topic

First of all, when there is something in life that you always wanted to do and always wanted to experience, GO FOR IT. There is no reason to not address the part in you that lacks these dreamy romantic parts. Figure how people get to experience such powerful moments together and see how such a vision is achieved step by step with someone else. What causes the most turmoil in you is the center of gravity for your ego, what makes you the most.That part of you needs to be especially overcome in multiple ways. Externally is a good idea to start

Honestly though,  these thoughts are at the root nothing more than the manifestations of an ego that hasnt been fully resolved and let go. Youre still holding on to these things as if they would actually mean anything for your true nature, they dont, God is fine either way, with every story and outcome. You act like you are a real thing that "needs" these things in order to be complete. There is no one

I would advise you to solve this problem on the surface while also going deeper into your spiritual journey. The first option will make your spiritual journey easier and endurable but not solve your feelings of incompleteness, the second will then have the power to wipe these loops existentially. 

Edited by Robi Steel

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

Sounds like you need to go out have some sex, enjoy a relationship, have your partner confuse the hell out of you, get your heart broke, then maybe maybe maybe you can look at your mind for what it is and go huh this motherfucker is still yappen even though I did all those societal relationship guy yearning things. Or perhaps your heart just wants to experience those and it will be deeply healing. 

Let me me tell you a little story  I use to meditate for 2 hrs a day and 5 on Sunday  I learned a lot but there were still lots of things going on inside that I tried and tried and tried to let be, like relationship desires, beliefs that relationships were just mostly negative and a drag of artificial love and deceit  I also thought I had a small dick  well fast forward a few years and after dating for a few years having good relationships in between I learned a ton   I found a lot of heart growth as well  women said that I had a above average penis size and all this mind stuff surrounding all my previous issues I tried to meditate away/through resolved themselves  

Life is bigger then spiritual work man and spiritual work is important to but sometimes without some life experiences you only have your beliefs about such things and experience can be a really good teacher  ?‍? 

Edited by Mu_

On 30 April 2019 at 3:57 AM, MM1988 said:

I have persistent mental pattern that is responsible for my depression for years.

Its about romantic love experiences which I never had. This pattern pops up multiple times per day.

The main theme is that I only experienced romantic rejection in my life. From this on my mind projects a future how this is going to be the rest of my life now. Im hardcore into self development for about 2 years now and the irony is that this just enforces this pattern. "Youve been working on yourself for another year, and still no progress in that area". 

You don't say what the actual pattern is. While you state it's about romantic love experiences you've never even had, you don't say why. Is this about specifically

• not being good looking enough
  • Personality not good enough
  • communication poor
  • too shy
  • Did someone in your past make you feel worthless
  • Was your parents relationship dysfunctional 

there will be a reason behind the pattern.  What specifically do you mean by "working on yourself ,

16 hours ago, flowboy said:

Dare to value it as a goal. Allow yourself to spend a lot of time and energy getting good (enough) with girls.

It is very dangerous. Making it a goal will even lessen the chances for relationships. It will decrease the creativity and create a tension. And may be it will bring relationship, but of bad quality, less authentic, non deep. Such a goal will also make a person use other people.