SoonHei

Try this thought experiment

10 posts in this topic

For those who haven't gotten the simplicity aspect and may want to get a taste...

Imagine what it would look like if I told you simply that all your body's actions and also your thoughts were happening on their own. That you are not doing any of it.

Note: This means nothing physically changes in your filed of vision.

So now just "imagine" what would you then be? If not the do-er of any actions or thinker of any thoughts...

Pretend to stand and watch from this awareness... Watch for that enlightenment because it's close now.

This enlightenment you have heard of... This concept which came into your awareness at some point in your life and you chose to pursue it. 

You have been looking for it eagerly since then... Looking for what exactly?

You know there is no physical/visual change which will occur... And then you also remember another teaching: 

You remember the teaching and The teaching says, there is nothing to understand, there is nothing to get... Now from that pretend place of watching from the vantage point of someone who knows that what appears before him is not his doing and not his thoughts, simply get that There is nothing to understand or get

What then are you waiting for??

Edited by SoonHei
Additional

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@SoonHei The I feeling (identity) has to vanish is that not a physical change?

Also the no-thingness ?

Edited by Jkris
Added more

@Jkris Nothing changes besides your perspective. It stops existing, actually.

Edited by karkaore

@karkaore could you please explain what it means "it stops existing "?

Nisargadatta Maharaj and osho says the Subjective identity will vanish completely meaning there will be no sense of me or separation.?

1 hour ago, SoonHei said:

For those who haven't gotten the simplicity aspect and may want to get a taste...

Imagine what it would look like if I told you simply that all your body's actions and also your thoughts were happening on their own. That you are not doing any of it.

Note: This means nothing physically changes in your filed of vision.

So now just "imagine" what would you then be? If not the do-er of any actions or thinker of any thoughts...

Pretend to stand and watch from this awareness... Watch for that enlightenment because it's close now.

This enlightenment you have heard of... This concept which came into your awareness at some point in your life and you chose to pursue it. 

You have been looking for it eagerly since then... Looking for what exactly?

You know there is no physical/visual change which will occur... And then you also remember another teaching: 

You remember the teaching and The teaching says, there is nothing to understand, there is nothing to get... Now from that pretend place of watching from the vantage point of someone who knows that what appears before him is not his doing and not his thoughts. 

There is nothing to understand or get

What then are you waiting for?

I've gone through this thought experiment during self-inquiry before.

It always boiled into the intuitive sense that 'I' actually never was here.

All the activity of the body-mind is already rendered just like finished movie. Even this notion of a 'me' now detached and watching this automatic movements, all the search, realizations etc everything is part of the movie. 

What does that make the current conceptual me then? A robot.

The entire life, stories and phenomena are being had. But thats not the problem. After all a computer doesn't nag and complain even if it is overused.

The mother of all problem starts when this robot gets infected with a virus called sense of 'I'. Now all of a sudden, the movie characters of the finished movie start to imagine their personal power, free will, description, status and the inevitable attempt to protect their sense of self at all cost.

Now all of a sudden, the robot feels itself as a personal doer.

Can you imagine the level of disaster if a computer had a sense of doership along with running a program? 

Well I just explained all people who take themselves as an ego.

Oh god what a joke...infecting a robot with a sense of self so that it can chase its own tail from time immemorial in the name of "waking up" or "going somewhere" or "doing shit"

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

How can you be sure of this though? That everything is automated? Why do we sit about encouraging people to do the practices if everything is already preordained? Do we not make a choice to come on this forum?

12 minutes ago, Paul92 said:

How can you be sure of this though? That everything is automated? Why do we sit about encouraging people to do the practices if everything is already preordained? Do we not make a choice to come on this forum?

Look at your experience. There will be no end in clever arguments. Just see what is revealed to you right now if you ask these questions.

1) Right now, am I aware of all the sight, sound, feelings, thoughts or are they aware of I?

2) do these sight, sound, feelings, thoughts have any voice or being?

Do they proclaim them as the doer of actions and experiencer of life by themselves? 

3) if everyone is silent, then who is aware here? Who is it that feels itself as sentient, doer of actions, chooser of circumstances?

Begin the search for that 'I' with free will. 

You dont have to take either free will or predetermination as true on hearsay. Just look at your experience, investigate it. Dont just spawn more counter clever arguments against hearsay. The counter to a hearsay is nothing but hearsay.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

7 hours ago, Jkris said:

@SoonHei The I feeling (identity) has to vanish is that not a physical change?

Also the no-thingness ?

@Jkris

Recall the analogy of an actor lost in his role.

When the actor realizes he isn't the character he is portraying in the movie, does anything change for him?

Also. Physicial/visual field is what's being highlighted... Often the ego in anticipation of enlightenment expects some huge mystical experience (possible) but can be calm quick moment... And then chop wood and carry water

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny