Zigzag Idiot

Practice Teaching platform for current Journalers

19 posts in this topic

Practice Teaching platform and back porch hangout for current Journalers.

In the latest video Leo said a good way to become a better student is to try teaching.

in the video he also mentioned the word 'should' several times stressing how it hems us in. In the past I've heard that the word should is a strong indication of the active intrusion of the superego. Earlier in life I wish I had had a better understanding of super ego. So I thought a worthwhile subject to teach would be about the Superego. We don't grow up and become fully responsible for our own actions until we stand up to the super ego that became fixed into our conditioning. Ive heard it defined as the inner coercive agency representing a child's early caregivers. This energy needs to be reclaimed for fueling Actualization or spiritual transformation.

The first definition I encountered online this evening--

su·per·e·go  

/ˌso͞opərˈēɡō/

noun

PSYCHOANALYSIS

the part of a person's mind that acts as a self-critical conscience, reflecting social standards learned from parents and teachers.

"the father is the model for the superego"

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

IMG_0319.JPG

A back porch share-

A while back @Alex bAlex expressed an interest in Ancient Egypt. I ran across this comparison I had recently found in my photos between what Beelzebub's Tales says and what's inscribed at the Temple Of Man in Luxor. Evidence of the existence of Atlantis.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

40 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Practice Teaching platform and back porch hangout for current Journalers

Revised:

Journal open to anyone who has Journaled since March first plus @Aquarius Where are you?

Share whatever the Spirit moves you to share,

10 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Practice Teaching platform and back porch hangout for current Journalers.

In the latest video Leo said a good way to become a better student is to try teaching.

in the video he also mentioned the word 'should' several times stressing how it hems us in. In the past I've heard that the word should is a strong indication of the active intrusion of the superego. Earlier in life I wish I had had a better understanding of super ego. So I thought a worthwhile subject to teach would be about the Superego. We don't grow up and become fully responsible for our own actions until we stand up to the super ego that became fixed into our conditioning. Ive heard it defined as the inner coercive agency representing a child's early caregivers. This energy needs to be reclaimed for fueling Actualization or spiritual transformation.

The first definition I encountered online this evening--

su·per·e·go  

/ˌso͞opərˈēɡō/

noun

PSYCHOANALYSIS

the part of a person's mind that acts as a self-critical conscience, reflecting social standards learned from parents and teachers.

"the father is the model for the superego"

More on superego from a previous post in my Journal--

Attempt at a Crushed Analysis in reclaiming our 'Red' energy.

Awakened Conscience is not the same as Acquired Conscience with its ideas of morality which changes from culture to culture.

We need all our energy for doing Inquiry. This means becoming Boss/manager of our sex energy. A sign that your not boss is if you feel shame connected with any part of your sex life. Which is a sign of active super ego. Super ego is directly in the way for nearly everyone in reaching and hearing the voice of Conscience, ironically. Super ego is the internal critical voice of our caregivers, usually one parent,, more than another. Religious upbringing with a lot of shame really adds to this conditioning in us in a way that's difficult to get free of as adults. Overcoming super ego involves processing and integrating any shadow in our sex life responsible for shame.

Overcoming super ego means befriending our Parents at a higher level than the permanent part time child who was still under the control of the super ego. 

An enormous amount of vital energy and attention is then reclaimed. This is often times considered one of the first things to go after in Inquiry and work on self.

How do we reach Awakened Conscience? By processing repressed negativity AND integration of shadow in becoming shameless boss/manager of one's sex energy, as a starter. Any traumas or humiliations need to have observational light put on them and eventually sorted out. Only for yourself. A part of this process is you decide what's right for you with your feelings, and not with your inner critic. Our heart helps us connect with the intelligence of Conscience when we become completely sincere and curious. 

We all have repressed negativity. We can do pretty good while sitting in a peaceful environment but if someone hits us in the face with a shovel, things go to a different level of difficulty. 

It seems women catch a double dose of conditioning apart from super ego in the automatic judgements and dictates of the cultural ego, most of which is born out of Patriarchal notions. Men have their uphill battle too in having on average at least 10 times the amount of testosterone than women. One reason why men are often just a slave to their penis.

Expressing negative emotions rob energy in general.

Shame, specifically robs vital energy in dividing us against ourselves.

11 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

It seems women catch a double dose of conditioning apart from super ego in the automatic judgements and dictates of the cultural ego, most of which is born out of Patriarchal notions. Men have their uphill battle too in having on average at least 10 times the amount of testosterone than women. One reason why men are often just a slave to their penis.

I was always wondering whether the path of awakening is different for men and women and to what extent.
Have you ever talked to a spiritually gifted woman about the differences?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Ego - Superego- Self forgetting - Self Remembering - Being - Awakened Conscience and connection

From another previous post--

Who am I?

Where am I?

To let go of my personal history is to walk out of a prison.

Not an easy thing. Working on myself requires continual effort because I/We forget.

It means beginning again, thousands of times. Encountering elements in shadow work which send me into reaction and forgetting requires self forgiveness. To 'sit with' something difficult is to eat and digest it's energy. A saying in the Work is that - sometimes I eat the bear and sometimes, the bear eats me. 

Forgiving myself is practice for forgiving others.

Forgiving others is practice for forgiving myself.

Red Hawk - "Apology and forgiveness are acts of Conscience. These are the acts which clear Conscience and allow it to grow. They feed Conscience. What gets fed, grows-that is the law. Apology and forgiveness are sacrificial acts, done in the service of something higher and finer, something which cannot be named but may be sensed, felt, and experienced. A real man, a human being, is known by his reactions. He is known not by what others say about him, but what he says about others. He is known by his acts of kindness and humility. He is known by his ability to apologize and forgive. This is how non-judgmental love manifests in reality. The conscious management of the survival instinct is the practice of a lifetime. It never ends. It comes to me as a result of remorse and fear of hurting others, which have brought about the aim of kindness in me."

6 minutes ago, tsuki said:

I was always wondering whether the path of awakening is different for men and women and to what extent.
Have you ever talked to a spiritually gifted woman about the differences?

Yes, some. Years ago. But most of my insights are from observing and the more powerful insights have been from feeling.

@Zigzag IdiotI am not so familiar with Gurdjieff or his work but I am listening now to Beezelbub's Tale. About Atlantis they(egyptologist, researchers) still make predictions of where it was located and although they want to say "oh we found those evidence, thus the Atlantis really exists... But we are not sure if it was here or there"

On another train of thought, I was hoping to see some light on the pyramids and the Sphinx dating using the discovery or the ancient site of Göbekli Tepe. Well not so fast. The excavation will be hold for many years to come probably. Why? Remember what happened with the two huge Buddha statues in late 90's in Afghanistan? Well they're afraid that this is possible to happen with Göbekli Tepe due to Islamic war. So till the Arabic countries and Turkey will evolve to stage green, many water will flow down the Nile.

Plus the paradigm locked of the archaeological academy whom will not accept to change all their notions about the ancient Egypt. I have had a word with with a guy from Cairo, whom I have met him at a Meet-up organisation, and he told me that the pyramids looks nice from the distance but as you get close you will realise that the government doesn't take care of them and there is a lot of corruption going around. 

Maybe its just me seeing the world a bit negative or maybe I am too skeptic ? 

Anyway, thank you ♥ 

Edited by Alex bAlex

5 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

More on superego from a previous post in my Journal--

Attempt at a Crushed Analysis in reclaiming our 'Red' energy.

Awakened Conscience is not the same as Acquired Conscience with its ideas of morality which changes from culture to culture.

We need all our energy for doing Inquiry. This means becoming Boss/manager of our sex energy. A sign that your not boss is if you feel shame connected with any part of your sex life. Which is a sign of active super ego. Super ego is directly in the way for nearly everyone in reaching and hearing the voice of Conscience, ironically. Super ego is the internal critical voice of our caregivers, usually one parent,, more than another. Religious upbringing with a lot of shame really adds to this conditioning in us in a way that's difficult to get free of as adults. Overcoming super ego involves processing and integrating any shadow in our sex life responsible for shame.

Overcoming super ego means befriending our Parents at a higher level than the permanent part time child who was still under the control of the super ego. 

An enormous amount of vital energy and attention is then reclaimed. This is often times considered one of the first things to go after in Inquiry and work on self.

How do we reach Awakened Conscience? By processing repressed negativity AND integration of shadow in becoming shameless boss/manager of one's sex energy, as a starter. Any traumas or humiliations need to have observational light put on them and eventually sorted out. Only for yourself. A part of this process is you decide what's right for you with your feelings, and not with your inner critic. Our heart helps us connect with the intelligence of Conscience when we become completely sincere and curious. 

We all have repressed negativity. We can do pretty good while sitting in a peaceful environment but if someone hits us in the face with a shovel, things go to a different level of difficulty. 

Expressing negative emotions rob energy in general.

Shame, specifically robs vital energy in dividing us against ourselves.

Interesting tid bits here! How do uou see this evolving as a teaching platform? Teaching is a powerful learning tool. For instance, I like to teach/ share what I learned after reading a new book, workshop or experience to help me internalize what I've learned and re-learn from the student's perspective through their insights or ahas....

2 minutes ago, Karla said:

How do uou see this evolving as a teaching platform?

This was just a spontaneous idea last night. For a long time I never really understood what the superego stood for and even after a conceptual understanding was arrived at, the implications of it all took some time to take root. So my intention in emphasizing the meaning of super ego  was to maybe help others along like I had been after coming to some understanding how in not dealing with the superego and inner criticism that goes with it, really deep inner work cannot take place.

In an online course I was in before, there was a forum location called the 'kitchen' where it was considered ok to discuss things that we're off topic to the course. This was in the back of my mind. To create a space just for those of us who are keeping a jounal to post things that maybe somewhat arbitrary and might not go with one's Journal. But then after Leo's remark  in his last video about teaching, I altered my idea to make it a practice teaching platform and "community kitchen"or "back porch".

I meant for it to be open to all of us here keeping a Journal. This may end up being seen as not needed or redundant but I've thrown it out here anyway.

So,,, to all Journalers, if you have something to share, please share. Or if someone thinks there is a need to stress a particular idea in relation to actualizing I invite you to jump up on the stump! ?

5 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

This was just a spontaneous idea last night. For a long time I never really understood what the superego stood for and even after a conceptual understanding was arrived at, the implications of it all took some time to take root. So my intention in emphasizing the meaning of super ego  was to maybe help others along like I had been after coming to some understanding how in not dealing with the superego and inner criticism that goes with it, really deep inner work cannot take place.

In an online course I was in before, there was a forum location called the 'kitchen' where it was considered ok to discuss things that we're off topic to the course. This was in the back of my mind. To create a space just for those of us who are keeping a jounal to post things that maybe somewhat arbitrary and might not go with one's Journal. But then after Leo's remark  in his last video about teaching, I altered my idea to make it a practice teaching platform and "community kitchen"or "back porch".

I meant for it to be open to all of us here keeping a Journal. This may end up being seen as not needed or redundant but I've thrown it out here anyway.

So,,, to all Journalers, if you have something to share, please share. Or if someone thinks there is a need to stress a particular idea in relation to actualizing I invite you to jump up on the stump! ?

I like that idea!

Soon I will do a 5 day fast journal but there are some things that don’t fit in my self-esteem journal that I sometimes want to post and I do see my journal as a way to teach the old me or remind me where I was because it’s easy to forget exactly what it felt like along the way, once we out grow a rough patch.

I’m feelin’ This! I like the idea of a shared journal too because I automatically get to see what is going on here as if it were my own journal.

@Karla Good deal! I'm glad that you see a use for it and plan on using it. ???‍?

@Alex bAlex I like this kind of stuff. It sounds like they expect to find a lot more with their new techniques.

Went ahead and subscribed to his channel.

I want to search and see if there is anything new I didn't know about regarding the underwater buildings and structures off the coast of India and Japan. Prehistoric Cultures,,,, Seems like there is another place in the Indian Ocean. Probably more discovered by now.   

I'm not sure what kind of discussion do you intend to have on this trend but I am keen to post more of "How on Earth" type of material. 

So today I have found this megalith structure, weight over 1200 tones, beautiful finne cut and transported for a quarry found miles away. HOW? Have a look  

13 minutes ago, Alex bAlex said:

I'm not sure what kind of discussion do you intend to have on this trend but I am keen to post more of "How on Earth" type of material. 

I rarely get tired of watching and learning about stuff like this. These shorter clips are especially good for posting here because it's more watchable for everyone with limited time for exploring something new.

1200 x 2000 = 2,400,000 lbs.     WOW! That's about the hauling capacity of 48 Semi trucks combined. It would be a huge undertaking with today's technology/capacity to move this thing in one piece.

Perhaps random... I was looking at this mindfulness studio online last week that's downtown near where I live.

I noticed one of the instructors bio mentioned that she was becoming a bodhisattva and I was like... Hmmm

"I wanna do that... I think he he."

So *of course*, I googled it and love this little step by step guide on wiki how?:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.wikihow.com/Be-a-Bodhisattva-(Buddha-of-Love)%3famp=1

Once I do some more research, this may be my next goal to track/ journal on before or after that 5 day fasting mimicing diet.

Sometimes it's easier to know who we want to be versus all the things we want to do-- for myself anyways.

What a great high level goal to make everything else along the way seem like small potatoes, ahhhh.

I can't think of anything higher atm.

Excitingggg!

@KarlaThat's my first exposure to wikihow. Nice site! 

I'm reminded me of an alternative,,,,, becoming a Bozosatva http://www.halexandria.org/dward015.htm

Voltaire once said that, “God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh.”  

In a similar vein (as opposed to an artery), the prolific and world renowned writer whose pen name is Anonymous is reputed to have said, “Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.”  

Evan Hodkins of the School of Alchemy <http://www.schoolofalchemy.com> has creating a fine art of what he refers to as “Self-Squandering Love-Mischief.”  In his unique deconstruction of the English language, Hodkins writes:  

“According to tradition, the Buddha, scaling the wall of Nirvana, beheld the paradisal riches of infinite bliss, and decisively slipped over the barrier into total Enlightenment.  He was gone!  The Bodhisattva similarly encountered Nirvana, but conscientiously elected to return to Earth to assist in the illumination of all sentient beings.  Hence, the image of the Bodhisattva, like Christ, elucidates the archetype of self-transcending servanthood.  Those who undertake the Bodhisattva path attempt to ‘love without loving’ -- without attachment to the outcome of the service rendered.  The urge to serve is not compromised by expectations of rewards or recognition.  [See, as an additional example, true Philanthropy.]  This style of compassion is less like Velcro, more like Teflon.  It isn’t sticky and it doesn’t make a mess!  Become a Bodhisattva and your Vampire days are over!

“The trouble is, the Bodhisattva is vulnerable to episodes of terminal seriosity.  Too much somber service and the heart goes sour, bodies get exhausted and the old lethargy returns with a compensatory vengeance.  G. K. Chesterton said, ‘Life is entirely too important to be taken seriously.’  We’re all Bozos on the same bus -- colorful screwups orchestrating gleeful good for the sake of all Bozo-kind.  So how exactly do we systematically unfrown the world?  Add a pinch of tomfoolery and a dash of anonymous love-mischief to every splendid day.  Be love-idiots and merry pranksters.  It’s the traceless way.  The formula is simple -- you watched it on TV when you were just a puppy -- wear a fashionable mask, ride into town on a white horse, work your transformative magic, accidentally drop a silver bullet here and there, then skidaddle, leaving everyone in town scratching their heads in wonderment.  Wake up!  Why park your carcass in the Land of Despair?  We’re ambassadors of joviality and dis-arming tenderness.  Let’s mirth-ify the planet one person at a time.”            

Now does that have the potential for fun, or what!  With the same kind of abandon one can practice using the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, we can roam about creating mischief of the love variety, Close Encounters of the Love Kind.  Even if you’re only doing it to office mates -- with the more terminally serious ones reaping the more outlandish benefits -- it’s all in the attitude.  And if you don’t like where you’re at, change your latitude as well!  

And check out Evan’s stuff -- there is tons more on being a Bozo-Sattva than is dreamt of in this small webpage.  Just be sure and come back to: http://www.halexandria.org/dward015.htm

Caution!! Going onto the http://www.halexandria.org/home.htm causes a time warp in which hours can fly by,,,

1 hour ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Voltaire once said that, “God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh.”  

I really like that quote, especially since I was at a comedy show yesterday haha

Comprehensive list of techniques: https://sites.google.com/site/psychospiritualtools/Home/meditation-practices

I appreciate criticism!  Be as critical/nitpicky as you like and don't hold your blows

On 4/20/2019 at 8:13 AM, Zigzag Idiot said:

@KarlaThat's my first exposure to wikihow. Nice site! 

I'm reminded me of an alternative,,,,, becoming a Bozosatva http://www.halexandria.org/dward015.htm

In a similar vein (as opposed to an artery), the prolific and world renowned writer whose pen name is Anonymous is reputed to have said, “Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.”  

Evan Hodkins of the School of Alchemy <http://www.schoolofalchemy.com> has creating a fine art of what he refers to as “Self-Squandering Love-Mischief.”  In his unique deconstruction of the English language, Hodkins writes:  

“According to tradition, the Buddha, scaling the wall of Nirvana, beheld the paradisal riches of infinite bliss, and decisively slipped over the barrier into total Enlightenment.  He was gone!  The Bodhisattva similarly encountered Nirvana, but conscientiously elected to return to Earth to assist in the illumination of all sentient beings.  Hence, the image of the Bodhisattva, like Christ, elucidates the archetype of self-transcending servanthood.  Those who undertake the Bodhisattva path attempt to ‘love without loving’ -- without attachment to the outcome of the service rendered.  The urge to serve is not compromised by expectations of rewards or recognition.  [See, as an additional example, true Philanthropy.]  This style of compassion is less like Velcro, more like Teflon.  It isn’t sticky and it doesn’t make a mess!  Become a Bodhisattva and your Vampire days are over!

“The trouble is, the Bodhisattva is vulnerable to episodes of terminal seriosity.  Too much somber service and the heart goes sour, bodies get exhausted and the old lethargy returns with a compensatory vengeance.  G. K. Chesterton said, ‘Life is entirely too important to be taken seriously.’  We’re all Bozos on the same bus -- colorful screwups orchestrating gleeful good for the sake of all Bozo-kind.  So how exactly do we systematically unfrown the world?  Add a pinch of tomfoolery and a dash of anonymous love-mischief to every splendid day.  Be love-idiots and merry pranksters.  It’s the traceless way.  The formula is simple -- you watched it on TV when you were just a puppy -- wear a fashionable mask, ride into town on a white horse, work your transformative magic, accidentally drop a silver bullet here and there, then skidaddle, leaving everyone in town scratching their heads in wonderment.  Wake up!  Why park your carcass in the Land of Despair?  We’re ambassadors of joviality and dis-arming tenderness.  Let’s mirth-ify the planet one person at a time.”            

Now does that have the potential for fun, or what!  With the same kind of abandon one can practice using the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, we can roam about creating mischief of the love variety, Close Encounters of the Love Kind.  Even if you’re only doing it to office mates -- with the more terminally serious ones reaping the more outlandish benefits -- it’s all in the attitude.  And if you don’t like where you’re at, change your latitude as well!  

And check out Evan’s stuff -- there is tons more on being a Bozo-Sattva than is dreamt of in this small webpage.  Just be sure and come back to: http://www.halexandria.org/dward015.htm

Caution!! Going onto the http://www.halexandria.org/home.htm causes a time warp in which hours can fly by,,,

Oh ma gosh I also LOVE that quote lol!!

I like the Bozo=satva idea and it is more my style. That’s why I liked the wiki-how description because it seemed pretty chill.

I have noticed that taking things too seriously has “ill” effects and it never feels natural for me to stay “serious” for too long anyways. Alan Watts had a good little tid bit about “sincere” being the upgrade for “serious”.

@Zigzag Idiot you are ALWAYS full of resources lol. I want to start collecting as much as possible on being a love Buddha so I will check that out.